Notts Countyourmoney | Vital Football

Notts Countyourmoney

Impster

Vital Football Hero
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/notts-countys-future-doubt-winding-9466376.amp?client=ms-android-samsung

What a shame.

“Outside of football I own an accountancy practice and I have clients who not only owe vast sums (ten times what we owe) and are six months in arrears of PAYE but also maybe two quarters behind in their VAT, yet they don’t get issued with such petitions or indeed treated as we do in football.”

Really? No wonder the public finances are in a mess. although, of course HMRC staff have been cut to the bone by this government.

As to, County. Looks like we dodged a bullet...

I don't blame HMRC for treating football differently. For too long football was itself allowed to be treated differently and too many clubs took the wee. Maybe that's why, Mr Trew.

He sounds about as popular as a kick in the balls on Notts Mad.

I'm finding sympathy a bit hard to muster. I seem to recall that on this very forum Mr Trew was labelled both a "genius" and a "Lincoln City Legend".

The way County have conducted themselves through the last decade and the way Trew conducts himself I would wee myself laughing if they got relegated. It is what they deserve.

I remember the insults thrown at Bob and the board for their lack of ambition, for not allowing Ray Trew to take over the club. Remember he wanted to turn it into a PLC also.

Was always an accident waiting to happem, just glad it happened to someone else

Ray Trew's idea for a plc was the start of it falling apart for us and led to acrimony between different sectors of the support.

NottyImp - 16/12/2016 06:15

“Outside of football I own an accountancy practice and I have clients who not only owe vast sums (ten times what we owe) and are six months in arrears of PAYE but also maybe two quarters behind in their VAT, yet they don’t get issued with such petitions or indeed treated as we do in football.”

Really? No wonder the public finances are in a mess. although, of course HMRC staff have been cut to the bone by this government.

As to, County. Looks like we dodged a bullet...

This has been coming for some time with the outgoings of a Championship club and receipts no where near to be able to cover them. Last time I saw something about how much Trew had put into County it was approx £19 million. A lucky escape for us maybe.
As a recently retired head of HMRC in Norfolk, we do have enough staff to deal with the work ( no politics here) and do everything we could to avoid Court action which is very expensive and time consuming in itself.
UTI.

simes69 - 16/12/2016 02:29

Ray Trew's idea for a plc was the start of it falling apart for us and led to acrimony between different sectors of the support.

I thought the first airing of dirty laundry was Keef's gardening leave. The PLC farce was after that.

imptastic - 16/12/2016 07:42

I remember the insults thrown at Bob and the board for their lack of ambition, for not allowing Ray Trew to take over the club. Remember he wanted to turn it into a PLC also.

Was always an accident waiting to happem, just glad it happened to someone else

Absolutely and Bob and co. deserve credit for their decision.....

ImpAlaska - 16/12/2016 12:30

simes69 - 16/12/2016 02:29

I thought the first airing of dirty laundry was Keef's gardening leave. The PLC farce was after that.

You could be right, although I'm sure there weren't many months between them - 2006?
Was Trew involved in the gardening leave?

Yes then resigned when he didn't get his way as he wanted KA gone. Simpson left around that time too.

There's talk of the ladies side having to break up.

The reason it was moved, IIRC, was because they had to be associated with a league side. Not sure how accurate that is, mind.