Notts County | Page 3 | Vital Football

Notts County

Having spoken to Counteh fans on 1ff they think its OK to throw these huge sums about and go massively into debt.
So the old the manager spent a fortune then they spent a fortune paying him off, then compo to Crawley and another load of players to make up for the unbalanced squad he's inherited, totally crazy!

Cynics are suggesting Hardy's criteria actually revolves around Liverpool (Nolan and now Kewell) because he is a big Liverpool fan.

"There’s still a lot of financial work to do though, with Alan Hardy revealing the club is losing £1.6 million a year. A League One slot would certainly help that."

Not sure it would too much!

I'm not convinced he's the right appointment for County but I have to say, of all managers we went up against last year, Tisdale and Kewell were the ones who tactically got the better of us....

Re: Kewell away at Crawley last year, they played some cracking stuff against us and I was surprised they fell away and didn’t push for the play-offs?

A good appointment for Clownty I feel.

Re: Kewell away at Crawley last year, they played some cracking stuff against us and I was surprised they fell away and didn’t push for the play-offs?

Yes , they played some good stuff on the break against us. They fell away right after playing us though

Yeah well beaten that day weren’t we? And of course he could be the one to get the best out of Bodeweijn - get him firing and they’ll be challenging for the play-offs.

Indeed, "How do you make a small fortune in football?"

There is only one way to make money in football and that is to get to the Prem as cheaply as possible..........and then sell :) To be fair to County if they did manage to get to the Championship in quick time they would have much more capacity to make smaller losses due to attendances.

Ways to make money in football:
Cup runs
Back to back promotions with no increase in wages/budget (very very short term, Yeovil & Blackpool)
Youth academy and selling them on (slightly immoral)
Signing from lower leagues and reselling (very risky)
Manage carefully (can’t see Notts doing that)

Ways to make money in football:
Cup runs
Back to back promotions with no increase in wages/budget (very very short term, Yeovil & Blackpool)
Youth academy and selling them on (slightly immoral)
Signing from lower leagues and reselling (very risky)
Manage carefully (can’t see Notts doing that)

Or buy a Premier League Club and fleece the fans to within an inch of their lives and make nice big fat profits while paying huge wages to overpaid Foreign Players wrecking the English players chances and watching all that cash drain out of the country into Foreign bank accounts while laughing at the sucker English fans.

Kewell was lined up to become Charlton Manager in the close-season if the Aussie takeover had gone through. Sadly for Addicks supporters they're still stuck with a Belgian Oyston type.

Simple ?
Do a leverage buy out of the club like the Glazers did at Manure whereby the loans of buying the club are paid by the club(or something like that)