Nottingham Forest v Fulham- sponsored by Barbour jackets, Creme Eggs and people who have Pope on "Ignore" | Page 3 | Vital Football

Nottingham Forest v Fulham- sponsored by Barbour jackets, Creme Eggs and people who have Pope on "Ignore"

I am being serious when it comes to Nuno; I haven't warmed to the bloke at all and he just doesn't feel like a good fit for this club.

It's unusual for me as I normally give our managers a fair crack at it before judging but I just find him so dull and uninspiring.
It’s ok when the team is doing ok but when we are struggling it feels like he is just going through the motions.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he was gone in the summer even if we stay up.

Agree, think Nuno will be gone very shortly after survival or relegation is confirmed. He won't be out manager next year.

Agree, think Nuno will be gone very shortly after survival or relegation is confirmed. He won't be out manager next year.
I think that's nailed on.

He looks like the job has worn him out already. I don't think he even wants to be here after this season. Not sure why; deduction aside, almost all our problems are of his own doing

I am being serious when it comes to Nuno; I haven't warmed to the bloke at all and he just doesn't feel like a good fit for this club.

It's unusual for me as I normally give our managers a fair crack at it before judging but I just find him so dull and uninspiring.
In that case I agree totally. After two years of someone who bled for the club, for this guy it's just a job. Not his fault

One win and six defeats in ten absolutely is his fault though. It's the kind of run that got Cooper sacked. It was around the 1 win in ten mark that they appear to have made the decision and lined up a replacement.

We can't do that now.

We should never have done it in the first place

Nottingham Forest
Sacked: Steve Cooper (19/12)
PL Matches: 17
% Win Rate & PPG: 18% WR, 0.82 PPG
League Position: 17th - 14 points

Hired: Nuno Espirito Santo (20/12)
PL Matches: 13
% Win Rate & PPG: 23% WR, 0.92 PPG
League Position: 17th - 22 points (4 points deducted)

It's the most marginal improvement, and almost entirely based off those two early results against Man Utd and Newcastle. We haven't looked close to repeating those results since the winter break. Nuno's stats since then make for truly grim reading.
So if you take out either one of those two wins he got in the 'new manager bounce' phase, Nuno's record would be worse.
Fair play to him, he won those, credit where it's due. But, since then...

This club got so lucky with Cooper. We’re back to a revolving door of managers and transfer panels and very average performances on the pitch

I blame everyone who turned on cooper
I understood the change, even if I didn't agree with it. The argument for changing manager was a rational one and things did seem to be going a bit sideways by the end. It was heartbreaking and I think *most* of us wish he'd been backed again, either at the time or with hindsight.

I don't know why the speculation around Cooper was always so intense, but there's very little in the media about Nuno despite his absolutely dreadful tenure.

Not entirely sure anyone is keeping this squad of players up, even Cooper. But I think he would have had the best chance.

I feel the same way.

The play under cooper at the end was dire, but I still wouldn’t have sacked him

So my only premier league game was the 5-0 defeat and I purposely sat next to our fans. Absolutely fucking incredible and a privilege to finally witness that at 5-0 fucking down

If cooper really lost the dressing room and fell out with some players then that’s a nightmare.

I agree and hope Nuno is gone regardless this summer. I’d want cooper back but will they both swallow pride and make it happen? We need that connection back.

For those who went how was Saturday’s atmosphere? Looked great through the TV

The MGW on set pieces thing seems very weird to me. I just wonder how many points we have dropped as a result of this. It might not seem on the face of it like it should have that of a much bearing, but I think it really has (and will) cost us a fair few points.

On top of our standing in the league, it has made the managers look worse than they actually are, if it's a contractual issue. If it's not, and both managers are happy for him to take set pieces knowing how bad he is, that it is on the managers.

Anyway, maybe Reyna will get a chance tonight against the Full Ham.
Come on you Reds!!!!

Got an email as I've spent £400, as has my mate, on two Legends Lounge games this season.

Apparently Fulham is only £120 plus VAT. Now if they said £50 and no buffet I might go for it (nothing against the food, it was fine!)
I got e mail as well I'm sure mine said £95 + VAT, but I've deleted now, not a bad offer, but don't like driving in the dark these days, these ultra bright headlights that modern cars have, really dazzle me, and its a long drive back to Skeggy (long by my standards these days)

I just can't muster up any enthusiasm for tonights game. Usually I'm hopeful of a home win but this season has took it's toll on that. I think I'll just check on the result tonight instead of tuning in and suffering for 90 minutes. And before anyone has a go for me not being at the game I can't go anymore because of ill health. OK 👍
Unfortunately expecting the usual defeat or draw and puzzling team selection and tactics.

Will Nuno go all out attack. Four at th back and one holding midfielder, Dominguez, with MGW playing quarterback and Reyna playing in a number 10. Rayna on set piece duties, Elanga pushed narrow but occupying Anthony so he is in Fulham back third rather than ours. Fulham seemed uninterested at Bramall lane so perhaps a good time to play them. Ever hopeful.

Keeping a clean sheet for us has to be first priority and will give us best chance of taking 3 points

Should go without saying of course

But we continually make it hard for ourselves in these kind of games by conceding goals and then having too much work to do the other end to get the win

I just can't muster up any enthusiasm for tonights game. Usually I'm hopeful of a home win but this season has took it's toll on that. I think I'll just check on the result tonight instead of tuning in and suffering for 90 minutes. And before anyone has a go for me not being at the game I can't go anymore because of ill health. OK 👍
Unfortunately expecting the usual defeat or draw and puzzling team selection and tactics.
I've been feeling like that for a while now, not looking forward to games at all. However when push comes to shove I'll be in front of the TV hoping for the best & expecting the usual