Not Latics - Euros. | Page 31 | Vital Football

Not Latics - Euros.

Whilst completely against the racist based comments aimed at the penalty missers. It seems to have been completely forgotten that previous penalty missers - Pierce, Waddle, Batty and Southgate himself were also absolutely slaughtered at the time.
The racist centred lens seems to have forgotten this aspect.
Bit of balance wouldn't go amiss IMO

Oh FFS. Don't be silly ..... in fact, don't embarrass yourself.

Those 4 were called wankers.

The 3 at weekend were called black wankers ......... amongst other things.

It's not the criticism that's the issue (even though most of it was childish), it was the fact that some felt the urge to bring skin colour into the insults they were so keen to chuck.

Whilst completely against the racist based comments aimed at the penalty missers. It seems to have been completely forgotten that previous penalty missers - Pierce, Waddle, Batty and Southgate himself were also absolutely slaughtered at the time.
The racist centred lens seems to have forgotten this aspect.
Bit of balance wouldn't go amiss IMO

Really, I dont think so.
How were they slaughtered , workplace, factory floor, pub?
The internet is a wonderful tool unfortunately it also comes with many disadvantages.
The worst slaughtering I remember was Graham Taylor portrayed as a turnip.

Really, I dont think so.
How were they slaughtered , workplace, factory floor, pub?
The internet is a wonderful tool unfortunately it also comes with many disadvantages.
The worst slaughtering I remember was Graham Taylor portrayed as a turnip.
I agree completely - point being this is not the first time folk have been abused. The current furore would suggest it was

Oh FFS. Don't be silly ..... in fact, don't embarrass yourself.

Those 4 were called wankers.

The 3 at weekend were called black wankers ......... amongst other things.

It's not the criticism that's the issue (even though most of it was childish), it was the fact that some felt the urge to bring skin colour into the insults they were so keen to chuck.
Please read the first line of my original post, understand the context and stop being dramatic.
You will acknowledge that the vast majority of racist comments originated from outside the UK, those identified within the UK have (rightly) had their collars felt and come off the position that generally our country is racist - it isn't!

Please read the first line of my original post, understand the context and stop being dramatic.
You will acknowledge that the vast majority of racist comments originated from outside the UK, those identified within the UK have (rightly) had their collars felt and come off the position that generally our country is racist - it isn't!

I read your first line ...... which says that you're against the racist comments.

What context am I missing?

My point is that the slaughtering Southgate, Waddle etc received wasn't racially motivated. It was competence motivated. That not the same for some of the abuse aimed at the lads at the weekend.

I've no idea where "the vast majority" (I take it you've read that somewhere) of racist comments were from outside the UK ........ but I'm not even sure that's relevant.

As for this country being racist, who's said it is? I haven't. That said, there are many racists who live here

I read your first line ...... which says that you're against the racist comments.

What context am I missing?

My point is that the slaughtering Southgate, Waddle etc received wasn't racially motivated. It was competence motivated. That not the same for some of the abuse aimed at the lads at the weekend.

I've no idea where "the vast majority" (I take it you've read that somewhere) of racist comments were from outside the UK ........ but I'm not even sure that's relevant.

As for this country being racist, who's said it is? I haven't. That said, there are many racists who live here
Just me and you tonight then 😉
Venting a bit I know however whilst clearly some are racist the context is being lost
Personally fed up of our country being run down when if you check and take the EUs word for it we are the 2nd least racist country in Europe after Sweden.
Is our country perfect - by no means, however it seems if you listen to the MSM we should all be in sackcloth and ashes and the great strides made over the past 20-30 years are irrelevant.
IMO the current situation is stoking the fire and reversing the progress made over time at a rate of knots

And the vast vast majority of the abuse aimed at the lads at the weekend was also competence motivatedand rightly so in the case of Rashford and Sancho.
Saka was thrown under the bus by Southgate - nothing but sympathy for him from me.

Fully agree re stoking the fire ......... and I presume you agree that Johnson and Patel started the stoking.

Which bits of the MSM do you get your messages from then Hampton, cos, I don't get that.

News-wise, I watch Beeb, SkyNews, ITV and a little but of C4 ......... then again, I don't buy any newspapers .....though surely the vast majority of them (in terms of sales, not publications) aren't pushing that kind of message from the right ...... are they?

I presume you now agree though that there is a fundamental difference between the stick hurled at those in the 90s to those at the weekend.

And the vast vast majority of the abuse aimed at the lads at the weekend was also competence motivatedand rightly so in the case of Rashford and Sancho.
Saka was thrown under the bus by Southgate - nothing but sympathy for him from me.

Vast majority, maybe ............ but some of it wasn't.

I wonder how many times skin colour was part of the abuse to Pearce, Waddle, Southgate, and Batty.

Vast majority, maybe ............ but some of it wasn't.

I wonder how many times skin colour was part of the abuse to Pearce, Waddle, Southgate, and Batty.
Which I agree with but the resulting media storm has focused solely on the relatively small racist aspect of it

Fully agree re stoking the fire ......... and I presume you agree that Johnson and Patel started the stoking.

Which bits of the MSM do you get your messages from then Hampton, cos, I don't get that.

News-wise, I watch Beeb, SkyNews, ITV and a little but of C4 ......... then again, I don't buy any newspapers .....though surely the vast majority of them (in terms of sales, not publications) aren't pushing that kind of message from the right ...... are they?

I presume you now agree though that there is a fundamental difference between the stick hurled at those in the 90s to those at the weekend.
Johnson and Patel (who ironically is on the receiving end of racial abuse from those railing against racism btw) stated that freedom of speech allows taking of the knee whilst also allows those who disagree with it's political connertations to boo it.
That's not stoking anything it's confirming that we live in a free country.

Johnson and Patel (who ironically is on the receiving end of racial abuse from those railing against racism btw) stated that freedom of speech allows taking of the knee whilst also allows those who disagree with it's political conversations to boo it.
That's not stoking anything it's confirming that we live in a free country.

Well, Johnson did say that ........ until earlier today, when the clown denied it !

Patel also criticised the action and labelled it "gesture politics".

Of course it was stoking.

News-wise, I watch Beeb, SkyNews, ITV and a little but of C4 ......... then again, I don't buy any newspapers .....though surely the vast majority of them (in terms of sales, not publications) aren't pushing that kind of message
They are all absolutely focusing solely on the racial aspect alone. Again, not saying it shouldn't be raised but there is no relativity being employed here at all.

Well, Johnson did say that ........ until earlier today, when the clown denied it !

Patel also criticised the action and labelled it "gesture politics".

Of course it was stoking.
It is by definition gesture politics- it's a gesture (taking a knee) motivated by a left wing political organisation.
That one side of the arguement- the right to do it is applauded whilst the other side of the arguement (to boo it) is castigated reeks of a 1984 Orwellian approach- plain wrong

It is by definition gesture politics- it's a gesture (taking a knee) motivated by a left wing political organisation.

There you go ....... deciding on the reason why the players were doing it. How arrogant of you.

That one side of the arguement- the right to do it is applauded whilst the other side of the arguement (to boo it) is castigated reeks of a 1984 Orwellian approach- plain wrong

People are entitled to TTK
People are entitled to boo
People who want to attach a label to either one of these activities are probably on dodgy ground ................. especially if - like you - they've already pre-determined in their mind why people are doing whichever action they're commenting on.

There you go ....... deciding on the reason why the players were doing it. How arrogant of you.

People are entitled to TTK
People are entitled to boo
People who want to attach a label to either one of these activities are probably on dodgy ground ................. especially if - like you - they've already pre-determined in their mind why people are doing whichever action they're commenting on.
Not at all arrogant - factual - despite what Southgate may say - if they adopted a different gesture I would have no issue at all.
And touché as you have clearly attached a label to the reason for the booing - it's against the BLM organisation FYI

There you go ....... deciding on the reason why the players were doing it.
Don't think I mentioned the players - was simply pointing out that the taking of a knee is a gesture by definition and action (by Sir Kier for example) for the making a political point.
Put those 2 truths together = gesture politics

I've no idea where "the vast majority" (I take it you've read that somewhere) of racist comments were from outside the UK ........
Widely reported and confirmed (through gritted teeth) on BBC and ITV news this evening - maybe you missed it ?
Numbers quoted were 700 racist media messages - 80% fm outside UK so that's 140 people out of 67 million - now those 140 need to be taken action against of course but put in context it's hardly a national disgrace is it ?

Not at all arrogant - factual - despite what Southgate may say - if they adopted a different gesture I would have no issue at all.
And touché as you have clearly attached a label to the reason for the booing - it's against the BLM organisation FYI

Where have I labelled anything to the booing? I've made no comment whatsoever about it ........ other than comment on what others have said.

Don't think I mentioned the players - was simply pointing out that the taking of a knee is a gesture by definition and action (by Sir Kier for example) for the making a political point.
Put those 2 truths together = gesture politics

Don't be silly ....... whether you're talking about the players or not, you are deciding the reason why you believe anyone chooses to do it. Very arrogant.

Widely reported and confirmed (through gritted teeth) on BBC and ITV news this evening - maybe you missed it ?
Numbers quoted were 700 racist media messages - 80% fm outside UK so that's 140 people out of 67 million - now those 140 need to be taken action against of course but put in context it's hardly a national disgrace is it ?

I'm fairly sure I've never come anywhere near remotely suggesting that it's a national disgrace.

You seem to be arguing against points that I haven't made. All I've said is that Patel was hypocritical, and Johnson is a two faced coward for denying what he had said (through his "spokesman") previously.

Oh......and of course that they both seemed happy to stoke division.