Not Latics - Arthur's Covid Thread | Vital Football

Not Latics - Arthur's Covid Thread

Arthur_Itis

Vital Squad Member
Tested positive for Covid, feel like absolute dog turd, not been on here (or been able to do much of anything else) for 36 hours, surely it won't matter - apart from yet another off topic tit for tat spat. It's getting really tedious now and I just can't be bothered at the moment. I'm just going to start locking threads down to piss you all off if you can't play nicely. I'm not in the mood for tolerance.

Tested positive for Covid, feel like absolute dog turd, not been on here (or been able to do much of anything else) for 36 hours, surely it won't matter - apart from yet another off topic tit for tat spat. It's getting really tedious now and I just can't be bothered at the moment. I'm just going to start locking threads down to piss you all off if you can't play nicely. I'm not in the mood for tolerance.
Get well soon pal,did you have both jabs though,i know they say you dont suffer has bad if you have

Hope you will be feeling better soon Arthur, good luck mate

Hope you get over that wretched thing soon. Take care.

Hope you're feeling better soon Arthur 👍
On the threads lock down please don't go all North Korea here - the majority of posters shouldn't have debate closed down by the actions of a few - ban rather than thread close for me !

Hope you are soon feeling better Arthur.
Temporary bans for the instigators may be a better idea than closing posts down.

Good luck, get your head down and rest!

If you are feeling bad to start with the last thing you want to do is read the forum!

Hopefully you'll be back to normal soon and won't miss any games.

Reactions: GSM
I’ve tested positive too as has my son. We’ve traced it back to the Charlton match. Anyone else get ill after that game?

I’ve tested positive too as has my son. We’ve traced it back to the Charlton match. Anyone else get ill after that game?

I was at Charlton as well Swindon, but also at Bolton mid week. Tested negative Friday lunch time, thought I just had a hangover Saturday, then tested positive on Sunday. I've no idea how long the incubation period is from infection to illness, I was assuming mine was from Bolton though.
Mrs Itis is livid, we were supposed to be going abroad next Saturday but have had to cancel, I was due to miss Donny and Accy, I think I'll leave it a while before I mention the "silver lining" that I'll will now be able to make those games !!

I was at Charlton as well Swindon, but also at Bolton mid week. Tested negative Friday lunch time, thought I just had a hangover Saturday, then tested positive on Sunday. I've no idea how long the incubation period is from infection to illness, I was assuming mine was from Bolton though.
Mrs Itis is livid, we were supposed to be going abroad next Saturday but have had to cancel, I was due to miss Donny and Accy, I think I'll leave it a while before I mention the "silver lining" that I'll will now be able to make those games !!

Arthur mate, can you move all this covid bollox onto off topic as its ruining the thread. :wagging:

Seriously though, take it easy and look after yourself. :cheers:

Where do you sit at the DW? There was that lad who went to the Rotherham game who posted all over twitter that someone in his household has tested positive. But still went to the game.
I think he sits in ES2/3 area. Could be a connection.

Where do you sit at the DW? There was that lad who went to the Rotherham game who posted all over twitter that someone in his household has tested positive. But still went to the game.
I think he sits in ES2/3 area. Could be a connection.

I'm in ES3 but that was ages ago Yon Mon.
Just finished my phone conversation with NHS test and trace. Apparently typically it's 48 hours between infection and symptoms, which pretty much rules out Charlton for me and makes Bolton less likely, although I still suspect that's where I caught it as I've only been outside 1 other time and that was Friday night on the piss, which seems too soon unless it hit me hard and rapid.

Last edited:

Get well very soon,

I'm double jabbed, i'm Asthmatic and on 3 different Inhalers,
it's worrying, when even young and fit people are getting getting
very ill with Covid.