Not In October | Vital Football

Not In October

jogills

Vital Football Hero
Unless I am mistaken the PM has just taken the return of crowds in October off the table. Just a delay at present. Bit depressing but can't argue and we really must get ifollow sorted now.

Last edited:
I thought he said there’ll be a review into October openings rather than anything definite, although I think it’s highly likely. It’s funny how Covid is now 100% the main talking point today after the Govt’s admission earlier re: breaking the law on Brexit, but hey that’s over-thinking things🙂

Back to the drawing board for the EFL as we’ll surely need a rescue package?

I found it interesting when Nicola Sturgeon has previously announced regional limitations in Scotland, stating pubs can remain open as the issue is more with people meeting in homes. Last night’s limitations for us seem to match that rationale.

I wonder if a controlled opening in the Prem and EFL with specified seating can still be ok, and in fact safer than non-league. The main issue is bubbles meeting each other in the pub before and after, unless pubs get strict with controlling this.

Talking to a mate who’s a Charlton season ticket holder while at the Bromley game on Saturday, he was telling me their steps towards the (now doubtful) October opening. They seemed pretty on the ball with regards to proper communication with supporters (what’s that?!) where season ticket holders had to confirm their bubbles, among other questions such as whether they’ll be looking at using food/drink/merchandise outlets. Even asking how they’ll travel to get to the ground - would you have a greater chance of being admitted into the limited-capacity games if you day you walk rather than get the train? They won’t want crowded trains before and after kick-off, after all?

It certainly shows that you can possibly control these kind of openings.

Last edited:
Heard on the radio that the 'rule of 6' did not apply to sports venues but, of course, we should take nothing for granted.
Shame, as I was just starting to plan my familie's Christmas get together in the stands at Priestfield. Don't want the riot police busting down my front door as 14 of us are toasting the queen's speech!

Heard on the radio that the 'rule of 6' did not apply to sports venues but, of course, we should take nothing for granted.
Shame, as I was just starting to plan my familie's Christmas get together in the stands at Priestfield. Don't want the riot police busting down my front door as 14 of us are toasting the queen's speech!

That's playing sports in arenas. Looks like we'll be shouting and screaming at a screen watching iFollow for awhile!

These rules are getting ridiculous they say it is to protect us crusty's. Well I am old enough and ugly enough to make my own decisions. Give us the full story, then let us decide what is best for us.
The country is suffering economic meltdown jobs are disappearing and the young are losing their future, to protect the least productive members of society. It is short sighted in the extreme. Over the last few months I have asking people around my age if they remember the Hong Kong flu of 1968-69 when around 30 to 40 thousand died. The population was smaller and medical services were not so advanced There was no lockdown, no closure of entertainment, or sporting events or any businesses at all. because of that there were either no memory or only vague recollection of it.
It appears to me that best to handle this is head on, let life return to normal, let the economy recover and give the young back their future. Oldies like me should be allowed to take our chances make our own decisions.

The younger citizens are the ones who, largely, have ignored/been lax about social distancing. If not of school age they are the ones who should be in lockdown and made to study at home if students or work at home if a little older.

The younger citizens are the ones who, largely, have ignored/been lax about social distancing. If not of school age they are the ones who should be in lockdown and made to study at home if students or work at home if a little older.

They haven't ignored social distancing. The young are the ones most affected by lockdown, as they are the ones that have lost most jobs.

Protect granny (because granny votes Tory)

IMO the reduction of the number of people that can meet in a group is to curb the house parties/ illegal raves that people are having.

IMO the reduction of the number of people that can meet in a group is to curb the house parties/ illegal raves that people are having.

Yeah, all these old crusties and grannies partying it up big time having BBQs on the beach, pishing it up in pubs, raving in the street, we really need to sort them out :innocent:

Hang on a mo, the majority of cases are for the age group 20 - 40, the government must have their stats wrong (again) :wagging:

Care to back this reply up with facts, statistics or maybe your own personal experiences or just wanna leave it as “bullshit” ?

FWIW I agree with Phil. In my experience it is the 20 somethings that have been the most lax. Not sure I particularly blame them though.

I cast my mind back 25 years to when I was early 20s. I had just finished my apprenticeship and earning some good money, with a large group of friends and bubbling social life. I’m not sure how long any of us would’ve complied with lockdowns and distancing rules.

Couple of weeks?

Month maybe?

Certainly not the 6 months it has been. Boredom and a raging libido would’ve soon got the better of me. Especially when being constantly told by the government and health officials than I am largely not at risk being young with no health issues. Plus at that age you think you know everything anyway....

It will be interesting to see where we are in the next two to three weeks after these spike in infections. If hospital admissions and deaths don't rise significantly then the government have to start relaxing some measures, including fans in stadiums

Yeah, all these old crusties and grannies partying it up big time having BBQs on the beach, pishing it up in pubs, raving in the street, we really need to sort them out :innocent:

Hang on a mo, the majority of cases are for the age group 20 - 40, the government must have their stats wrong (again) :wagging:
My point entirely - it is this age group who are largely responsible for resurgence of spikes.