Norwich game | Page 7 | Vital Football

Norwich game

Sacking would be bonkers.

We are on the cusp of doing well.

It is small, specific things that need sorting.

We have thrown leads away late on against Norwich, Leeds, West Brom and Milwall. Am I missing one? That's six points. If we could just defend lead in injury time reliably we would be comfortably top six. If we were just average at defending a lead we would be top three. That will get sorted, it just takes time.

We have just lost twice at home to teams parking the bus but torn the league leaders apart on the counter. We need to learn how to win when we have to dominate. That takes time.

Certain players are not good enough. Darikwa, Dias... In fact, most of the defence other than Dawson could be replaced.

This takes time.

Replacing Karanka now with some foreign manager we have never heard of (as I'm sure it would be) on a punt would be a big mistake IMO.

Karanka knows what he is doing and will do it if he has the time. Not every single one of his plans and strategies will come off straight away, especially now he has discovered that some of the players just can't perform consistently

Slavisa Jokanovic
Big Sam
Martin o Neill

All available. Not saying I want any of them but the Greeks wanted jokanovic in the past and he was in the press saying he is eager to get back .

Slavisa Jokanovic
Big Sam
Martin o Neill

All available. Not saying I want any of them but the Greeks wanted jokanovic in the past and he was in the press saying he is eager to get back .
FFS

Steve Bruce would be the obvious one for the current style of play but it would be some foreign ex Olympiacos coach or something

Isn't he close to being appointed as sheff wed manager. I hope they don't don't it
Not sure. He was seeking some pretty big assurances about funding and then their owners put them up for sale, so if he isn't desperate for a job I would guess it's a no

He should have the season, he hasn't done nearly enough to get the chop yet we are close to the top 6 January toNd the corner couple of shrewd signings could make the difference in these sort of games.

Got this horrible song going around my head at the moment - first time I heard it was from B Block - it goes something like this......................

It's a song that will get on your nerves - get on your nerves............

3 none up and you fcuked it up.

Get - Get - Get on your nerves.

Derby lost

We didnt

Did that fella who went to WBA bring the Portuguese lads in?

Karanka has to stay for the season, it would be crazy to sack him now. However, we have now got a professional set up at the club so if he does get the tin tack, we will appoint someone decent

Not good if true. Where we are in the league and the way things have improved he shouldn’t be under any pressure until the summer at the earliest.

Not good if true. Where we are in the league and the way things have improved he shouldn’t be under any pressure until the summer at the earliest.

Depends on what he agreed too , top 6 by Jan 1st sounds reasonable from the investment he was given .
His decision to play Osborne Preston / QPR
His piss poor substitutions today .

When this team clicks, it is a joy to watch: to get five goals at Villa, three at Norwich, and beat or draw with most of the top runners, with players who are still gelling, is some feat.
True there certainly needs to be improvement in the defence, but surely that will come in due course with a couple of new players.
There is much to admire in what Karanka has done, and frustration too, but these things take time.
Sacking him now would just serve to exacerbate a developing situation.

He knew the deal. Promotion or goodbye. Finacially the owners have thrown all their eggs in the basket of promotion this season.We are good at drawing but not winning. Not enough risk for reward. His record thus far does not inspire confidence he will get us in the top six never mind promoted. Either try another high profile manager and see if they can do it this season or change strategy and go for the Warburton steady progress route. Whichever it does involve AK.