Northampton | Vital Football

Northampton

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Sounds like we were a whole lot better than Walsall loss but looking at the stats they had 17 shots at goal with ten on target. Unless we can find a way of reducing this, we may well struggle. Yes, I know its early days and the team needs time to gell etc. I accept this, Rome not built in a day etc but nevertheless a concerning stat.

Still early days with many of the players, along with the management team, new to League2 football and just how competitive it is. There's bound to be a lot of learning to be had, but they have to learn quickly to avoid being isolated at the wrong end of the table. The GD is already concerning, and we must tighten up defence ASAP.

The next two home games must see Pools register a victory, else alarm bells will be a cacophony of noise!

With 8 teams unbeaten & 6 without a win it’s gonna be competitive at both ends by the looks of it.
We should be focussed on what we’re doing [right & wrong] as once we start to look at what others are doing it’s very easy for panic to set in.

If we start at the front and work back. I have faith in Umerah and believe he will come good but he ain’t gonna do it on his own, I’m not sure about Hastie’s role as a forward, attacking midfielder yes but not in partnership/support of Umerah. Personally think Ndjoli would be a better option, dropping Hastie to midfield. Thinking behind this is I believe Ndjoli would improve our shots/shots on target and work well with Umerah, in support of and feeding from.

Against Wimbledon we lacked energy in midfield, everything went sideways not much urgency to move the ball forward. Hastie and Cooke would give us that alongside one other, perm any one from Featherstone, Sylla, Niang.
Obviously Sterry & Ferguson as your wingbacks with Murray, Lacey & Menayese as a back three.

We seem to have a fear of moving forward quickly, possibly a lack of individual confidence due to a side in its infancy, speaking of which applies to the season also, in its infancy.

I had hoped for more from the season but a top half finish and a team who know each other and look like a side who could mount a serious challenge next season would do me. It’s early doors and this is pools, anything can happen.
:red: