Non-League Day | Vital Football

Non-League Day

LancsGordoRoad

Vital Champions League
It`s Non-League day today. Hope that Dartford, Maidstone, Dover, Tonbridge and Chatham all have extra large crowds. Anyone going to a non league game today ?

Brackley Town v Alfreton for me - two teams currently in the play-off spots in the NL North, but two sides who aren't the most exciting to watch. I don't expect a free-flowing game by any stretch.

I went to Chatham v Haringey Borough: second top v third bottom in the Isthmian Premier. Chatham play some really good football, rotating players around the pitch. At one point today the centre-half was on the left wing and Danny Kedwell filled in at right-back. They had to come from behind after conceding to the visitors' first attack, but won fairly comfortably. Half of Haringey's players walked off the pitch after their keeper was red-carded near the end, leading to a delay and eventually 15 minutes' added time.

By my reckoning the Chats need at most seven points from their last six games to be sure of a play-off place, and it's strange to think that next season they could be higher in the pyramid than Dover.

A mere 1463 there today, including a noisy 30 or so from North London.

Ebbsfleet’s game up at Halifax was called off an hour before kickoff, pretty rubbish for their fans who didn’t know about a pitch inspection at all.

Come on Alfreton.
Do your job!
They didn't. Brackley won 1-0 echoing Jo Scout's foresight. Pleased for my grandson who was the lead mascot. After Gills, CSKA Moscow, Brackley is my third team (except v the Gills of course)

I went to Ramagate V Lancing, 4th V 2nd and it finished 7-2 to The Rams with 1036 hardy souls braving hailstones and torrential rain, including a man with a drum, another with an air horn and the traditional WW2 air raid sounding after every Ramsgate goal. Quality!

They didn't. Brackley won 1-0 echoing Jo Scout's foresight. Pleased for my grandson who was the lead mascot. After Gills, CSKA Moscow, Brackley is my third team (except v the Gills of course)
Slightly disappointed with just a 1-0 considering the goal came very early. In honesty neither side looked like threatening much from that point onwards, which given the strengths of both sides was no real shocker.

Chips and curry sauce were very good though.

Slightly disappointed with just a 1-0 considering the goal came very early. In honesty neither side looked like threatening much from that point onwards, which given the strengths of both sides was no real shocker.

Chips and curry sauce were very good though.
I hope you include that detail in your scouting reports ;)

Went to watch Chichester City v Ramsgate yesterday and saw a very good game.
Nice & sunny, nice little ground not far from the Cathedral and nice clubhouse.
Chichester wer'e 4th and already secured their play-off spot whilst Ramsgate are top and hoping to win the tital and move up into the Isthmian premier division. Ramsgate won 4-2 helped by two penalties, Chichester also had a penalty.
Lee Martin and Tom Hadler playing for the Rams. Ramsgate had a good following and its now down to either Rams or Cray Valley paper mills to win the title.

Saw Bury Town v Enfield isthmian North yesterday.Bury in the play off's Enfield oh dear .Bury have a quick forward goalscorer and a excellent fast-ish winger .Enfield like Gillingham barely have a quick anything ended 6 nil to Bury defensive and goalkeeper errors the keeper who actually made a few decent saves too.