Noel Hunt | Vital Football

Noel Hunt

pompeyrug

Alert Team
As things stand a one-year dal 'might' be all we get from Hunt BUT that could be enough!

The 33-year-old has spent most of pre-season with Pompey after turning down the chance of staying in league one with Southend and has now signed for a year.

Hunt should be well known by many with this a signing I'm particularly excited by!

That's some spine of Paddy's we have got now. Forde, Doyle and Hunt, combined age of 103! All we need now is Richard Dunne to come out of retirement and we'll be sorted.

Ideally Hunt will be used as an impact sub with Chapin being our main threat, but having his experience of leading the line can't be anything but positive and shows great intentions.

No, I reckon Hunt's best involvement (on the whole) will be as an impact player.

Chaplin's TOO GOOD not to involve, my thinking is that Cookie actually DOES see him as his 15-20-goal man but isnt putting the pressure on him.

I'm sure Chaplin will be our main man this season...

Infairness Robert this is only the first game isn't it. Frustrating in many ways BUT positives I'd say.

Smith starting ahead of Chaplin and Hunt doesn't mean he's neccessarily ahead of both in his mind?

David Forde, who was released by Millwall this week, is in talks with Pompey as are Noel Hunt, Jack Whatmough, Brandon Haunstrup and Ben Close, as the Blues bid to retain the lot.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?581738">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Didn't think he would sign a new deal tbh, not 100% convinced this will now be the case under Jackett? Depends what Kenny's plans are really doesn't it.

Forde would have worked with Jackett at Millwall, so should work in his favour though?

Noel Hunt, signed on a one year deal after leaving Southend last summer, which came after spells at the likes of Reading, Leeds and Ipswich, isn't in Pompey's future plans.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?582647">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

I don't think weve seen enough of him to miss him if he moves on. Maybe Mr. Cook will sign him for Wigan. :18:

It was always feared Hunt, who had previous, would suffer with injuries and so this proved. Good footballer but not one we can justify the money spent on after a season of injuries and being another year older.

If Cook wanted him at Pompey surely he'd want him at Wigan?!