No Swans This Weekend - What a Relief | Vital Football

No Swans This Weekend - What a Relief

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
International breaks - those frustrating interruptions to league campaigns that come around every few months that we`re so glad to see the back of - up until this weekend that is

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?467715">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Thanks for getting on paper, and I couldn't agree more. How can a club once revered for how it was run, drop off this drastically? Greed, and losing touch with what matters most - the supporters. The relationship between a club and its community are vital to the success of any club at any level in any sport. In the NFL for instance, look at the Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers. Two community based teams with a tremendous connection between support and management. Not to mention reinvestment each year into the playing teams. Both of these teams exist in two of the smaller cities in the NFL, yet they continue to have success because of the understanding of how important each club means to its support. Unfortunately for Swansea City, pound signs trumped this mentality, so here we are.

It's taken a long 7-8ish years to get to where we wanted to be, and it looks to be gone within two.

I can only sum up the feeling with the article title, it's so bad that I wasn't even bothered that we didn't have a game, when normally a Saturday afternoon can't come quick enough.

I now dread each game, expecting us to lay an egg every time out. The club in all respects have done nothing to have me believe otherwise.