No Start for Harry - Match Preview | Vital Football

No Start for Harry - Match Preview

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
Spurs v Swansea - Happy New Year all you vital Spurs addicts.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524003">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

After a nice weekend off, we re-engage in the battle for forth in earnest against Swansea. I watched their game against Watford as I suspect many of you would have as well, 85 minutes of being dominated and riding their luck and then they pulled off a remarkable turnaround.

It was the dreaded new coach bounce; we now have to make sure that their bounce doesn't reoccur this time at their home. We have to face two matches in three days and both look potential banana skins, somewhat ridiculously our re-arranged game against West Ham follows this game on Thursday and we can be certain that against us they'll be up for it.

Poch has to plan for this fixture congestion, as Football does, it now throws up the prospect of Llorente facing his old club as Harry tries to get over one of those winter debilitating bugs. I was told this morning that even if he declares himself ok to play, chances are he won't start and we will try and given him a bit more recovery time for Thursday's game.

So a game without Harry starting

Carlos Carvalhal was a surprise left-field appointment, and he's started well with that 2-1 away win against Watford and against the odds.

Their confidence will have improved for that 'I think this win is a step forward,' Ayew told the club's official website. 'Now we have to keep going and push to get more results' he continued:

'Football is all about confidence. We know we can do better things with confidence. But, also, if you don't work hard then you get punished. '

'The new manager has only been here for two days, but he has had a positive impact. His ideas are clear and direct. He wants us to run more in the game and be more aggressive with our play. We delivered that and deserved the win.'

So we can expect them to try and match us for a high tempo and ground covered. But we have the quality and if we do start with Llorente and Lamela as I expect, perhaps along with Winks with Victor Wanyama possibly making his first appearance since August from the subs bench, we should have too much for them.

We've not lost against Swansea since the a league meeting in October '82 and I don't expect to see that change now what I do expect is them to sit deep again and try and play on the counter.

They exasperated us at Wembley as it finished a frustrating 0-0, despite us having 26 shots (just 8 on target) to Swansea's four (0 on target).

With or without Harry, they won't hold us at bay this time as at some point they'll open up, and then we'll take them apart and our march into the Top 4 will continue and jump ahead of that mob down the road.

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7524003#ixzz52x2AKs2F

The one thing Mopo still needs to work on is in game subs, there is nothing wrong with starting Harry and taking him off if we are in a position to....

We have a massive advantage over Swansea due to the rest since the last game, anything other than 3 points is very poor.

The gap to 4th is 7 points currently, we have to win this and West Ham

Only play llorente if he plans to cross the ball otherwise I would go with son up front with eriksen and lamela either side. I hope harry is ready to go though.

I'd like to see Llorente start but as Taricco says, unless we are going to put crosses in it is really just a waste......as a coach and as a team we should be good enough to adapt our play in the blink of an eye, the fact that we seemingly cant do that is a worry...OR we can do it but don't.....still a worry.

Don't think this result is a foregone conclusion

Taricco the yid - 1/1/2018 18:28

Only play llorente if he plans to cross the ball otherwise I would go with son up front with eriksen and lamela either side. I hope harry is ready to go though.

Bang on the money. Why we try and play him differently still baffles me.

If we are going to start Llorente I'd be tempted to experiment with a formation more suited to bringing the best out of him.

Play Tripps and Aurier with Son and Tripps encouraged to keep hitting crosses to Llorente. Aurier on the overlap to split defenders and create space for Tripps.

If not, Son and Dele have enough between em to nick a couple goals and both in decent form. I think we'll win whatever happens.

I expect a difficult game which we should have enough to win. I hope our defence is better organised than it was in the last game.

They are all well Tongue in cheek , just my sense of humour I'm afraid. I thought who would be the most unlikely . Orinoko certainly ain't on your New Years honours list Greavesy is he .
Being serious, Kane 2 and Son.

If we don't score at least 4 I will be disappointed.

They will be playing for a point. But based on their defensive performance to date they are full of holes.

They are averaging 2.6 goals against per game over the last 5 games.

We are averaging 3.2 goals for per game over the last 5 games.

I wouldn't be surprised if we scored 6.

Although I just read this:

LatestSquadsStatsRelated
Match preview
Tottenham Hotspur's Harry Kane (illness) and Mousa Dembele (hip and groin) are both doubtful.

Victor Wanyama (knee) is back in full training, though Toby Alderweireld (thigh) remains out.

Did you know?
Against no side have Swansea City lost more Premier League matches than the 10 they have against Tottenham Hotspur (P13 W0 D3 L10).

Both teams have scored in all six Premier League meetings between these sides at Liberty Stadium.

Referee: Bobby Madley
Assistants: Marc Perry, Stephen Child
Fourth official: Lee Probert

Actually thinking about it, sissokko can make his mark in this...I reckon he will drive one in from 25 yards...(off a defender near the corner flag of course)

Greavswasthegreatest - 29/12/2017 15:34

Actually thinking about it, sissokko can make his mark in this...I reckon he will drive one in from 25 yards...(off a defender near the corner flag of course)

LOL. At least 2 deflections than?

I can't get it out of my head that on 26 th may in Kiev we are going to be crowned
"That Moussa Sissoko Team" ..........

I'll get me coat..........