No return of fans in October | Vital Football

No return of fans in October

No surprise, but more or less confirmed by Michael Gove this morning.
Honestly - I’d be very surprised if any of us are sat in the stadium this year. This second phase of the first wave* is coming and it looks to be worse than the first.

*note - my scientist friend told me it can not be called a second wave until the virus has mutated.

To be honest it feels as though we won't be i the stadium this season let alone this year. If the vaccine is available by February at best then it's going to take months to vaccinate everyone anyway, so not much of a chance before May next year.

That's even if there is a successful vaccine it could take years to get one that works and I don't think there will be many clubs or businesses left at all if that's the case.

Very strange how Different countries are going, Brisbane is looking at 30,000 at the Afl final, well down on normal as usually 90,000 at Melbourne, But shows we are on the right track so far,

I can’t see fans being allowed into SB until the weather starts getting warmer again after winter, and that could well only be if vaccines are widely available.

As fans, and where possible, if we are able to support the club as best we can by purchasing ifollow passes if applicable and any other ways to help keep any other sort of income coming in, club shop, shares etc. I fear that a lot of clubs will go to the wall if the richer clubs don’t share a tiny bit of their wealth to help clubs lower down the food chain whilst we are in this situation.

it really is all rather depressing.

To be honest it feels as though we won't be i the stadium this season let alone this year. If the vaccine is available by February at best then it's going to take months to vaccinate everyone anyway, so not much of a chance before May next year.

That's even if there is a successful vaccine it could take years to get one that works and I don't think there will be many clubs or businesses left at all if that's the case.

The government will need to allow stadia to be around one third filled (at least) from latest 1st Jan, otherwise the future of all sport outside the very top elite (EPL) will be heading for catastrophe.

I watched Gove - he basically admitted outdoor stadia are in themselves relatively low risk and certainly much safer than the alternative of watching footy in pubs - the issue is transport according to him. I hope that this is just the short 'circuit-break' and things can start again in 2 weeks. I think the stadia pilot may move up the pecking order in terms of priority given it's a socially distanced outdoor activity.

No surprise, but more or less confirmed by Michael Gove this morning.
Had to be that ‘effin weasel* that confirmed it didn’t it ... I absolutely despise him.

Ironically 1,000 fans inside SB/LNER would probably be the most socially distanced place with these new regulations. 1,000 fans can't sit 2 metres apart but they can walk through a busy shopping centre on a Saturday lunchtime?

Tory scum government have to do more for smaller clubs, NOW!!!!

*no offence on said mammal

Last edited:
I watched Gove - he basically admitted outdoor stadia are in themselves relatively low risk and certainly much safer than the alternative of watching footy in pubs - the issue is transport according to him. I hope that this is just the short 'circuit-break' and things can start again in 2 weeks. I think the stadia pilot may move up the pecking order in terms of priority given it's a socially distanced outdoor activity.

If that's the case then next time there's a 'back to the office' push sport should be treated the same - 'back to the stadium'

Had to be that ‘effin weasel that confirmed it didn’t it ... i absolutely despise him.

Ironically 1,000 fans inside SB/LNER would probably be the most socially distanced place with these new regulations. 1,000 fans can't sit 2 metres apart but they can walk through a busy shopping centre on a Saturday lunchtime?

Tory scum government have to do more for smaller clubs NOW!!!!

You seem to be quite cross.

Have to agree, though. Look at Blackpool this weekend just gone - rammed.

The Tories have always hated football - and fans - though.

Reminds me of something a friend said to me yesterday........ that an extended family of 7 from 2 households can't go to the river and feed the ducks, but a group of 30 people, all from different households, can get together and shoot them. It's all in the interests of the economy apparently.

All very depressing, I should be feeling a ridiculous premature optimism about being 2nd in the league but it's not so much of a buzz as a murmur knowing its entirely possible the league won't reach its conclusion and possibly several of our opposition might not be in existence come May. The distribution of wealth in football really making my blood boil right now. Premiership tossers.

Reminds me of something a friend said to me yesterday........ that an extended family of 7 from 2 households can't go to the river and feed the ducks, but a group of 30 people, all from different households, can get together and shoot them. It's all in the interests of the economy apparently.

Hard to see us back at Sincil Bank before New Year.

Do like a bit of Duck though, favs include:

Crispy Duck
Duck and Pineapple Red Curry
Roast Duck with Plum Sauce

Keep feeding the duck.

It certainly doesn’t. How we as a country respond to it certainly does though.
The country being everyone, not just the politicians. No doubt the government could have done some things better, but if we continue to be a nation of selfish half-wits it doesn't really matter what they do!
Take the lad in Bolton that has gone on the piss when he should have been isolating himself on return from wherever he had been on the piss for the previous week. What chance to the sensible people of Bolton have when pricks like that infest their town, and our country. He should be locked up and prosecuted for ABH. Sadly, there are plenty more like him in each and every part of the country.
No chance of us seeing a live game, in a ground this season, unless covid suddenly develops a conscience and targets fucking idiots.

Gove’s argument on fans ‘mingling’ is very flimsy. Timed entry / exit is designed to resolve that.

‘You don’t know what your doing’ song springs to mind.

Then all jumping onto a few bus's for those who have to. Its a no win situation

Last edited: