No match thread ? | Page 2 | Vital Football

No match thread ?

Would love to know what sort of incentive Scally gives them by way of a win bonus out of the prize money for getting through.Can't help thinking they would bust a gut if rewarded handsomely enough.

Rewarded handsomely enough? Some of those players will be on a couple of bags a week to just play football ffs. They should be fucking busting a gut regardless. There would have been people in that crowd today who have spent a lot of their hard earned over the last few weeks to watch that shower of shit.

I don’t know why people are surprised, it’s been the same for years in the Cup, it’s always shite when we are home to non league teams. Last 7 games v non league we’ve won 1, lost 3 and drawn 3.

I've fcking had enough of the way our club is run!!

Scally has been taking the piss for years, he'll be alright tonight though tucking into Steak and Champagne out of his 200k plus annual salary.

Also noticed when he whizzed past the Medway Stand in his motor last week before the Fleetwood game he's got a personalised nunberplate which read "SCA11Y" yes his own name. If that's not the mark of a ****** I don't know what is.

Look at how gracious the Leicester owner was. You would never have caught him having a number plate of his surname.

I've fcking had enough of the way our club is run!!

Scally has been taking the piss for years, he'll be alright tonight though tucking into Steak and Champagne out of his 200k plus annual salary.

Also noticed when he whizzed past the Medway Stand in his motor last week before the Fleetwood game he's got a personalised numberplate which read "SCA11Y" yes his own name. If that's not the mark of a ****** I don't know what is.

I imagine there's a few on this board with personalised 'vanity' number plates.

Pure pants display. Toothless in every department. No direction from SL on the touchline which was disappointing. Revert to plan B bring on List nothing else offered.

I`m confident about the replay. Gills are better when they play counter-attacking football, especially away from home. We`ll win at the `Pool.

Duke of Cumberland but have shifted to the Royal Naval Reserve. Both nice.

Both good ‘old skool’ pubs jokerman. .Has the naval still got outside bogs? Haven’t been in there for a few years.

Used to quite like the coach and horses and the smack. The ship was good for years too, although I could never stomach the german wiess beers in there......

If I had one word to indicate what sort of performance that was... BOO!
Slow, predictable, disjointed, uninspired and just plain poor. A big wake up for players and fans alike. We are not good enough to take our foot off the gas and make the ball work. Oldaker came back to earth with a bump, Eaves was a shadow of his usual self and mediocrity was everywhere. Barry Fuller and Billy Bingham apart boos all round.

A silver lining? There were no points at stake and Hartlepool weren't good enough to do a Brackley on us. I don't know wjhether I can even be bothered with twitter for the replay.

The players just don't seem to understand that you need to work your nuts off to beat lower league opposition. To my mind it was a lazy display with the players unwilling to make anything happen because it would have involved too much effort. They looked like they were waiting for Hartlepool to make an error and gift them a chance. To their credit they didn't make one and we never looked likely to force one. All round, very poor.

Nothing to do with effort at all.

First half there was nobody in the middle for the defenders to pass to. For the rest of the game we played non stop hoof ball. Seems the new pitch has stopped us passing the ball lol.

What do the team work on in training if they cannot pass to each other and have literally no idea how to create chances? Works ok playing on the break when you are playing better teams that attack you but absolute rubbish when having to create.

Why not try the fast players down the wing or maybe bringing on the third sub to change things. Or maybe give instructions to stop hoofing the f ball to nobody up front.

No help without fans behind you and believing your playing in a pre season friendly which is down to stupidity from the club but the lack of ideas and tactics is down to SL.

Probably saving the appearance fee bonus money is the reason why Lovell rarely uses all his subs. That and he doesn’t really rate anyone on the bench!

Both good ‘old skool’ pubs jokerman. .Has the naval still got outside bogs? Haven’t been in there for a few years.

Used to quite like the coach and horses and the smack. The ship was good for years too, although I could never stomach the german wiess beers in there......
Yup for chaps at the RNVR. Got pelted between the bar and the gents and thought WTF. Bus back to Canterbury without a wait, fiver apiece. What a civilized country.

Come on lads. Nil nil against the lower orders at Priestfield's no tragedy. Up we go to County Durham, win 2:0 counterpunching and everyone's a winner.