No Hughton for us | Vital Football

No Hughton for us

ZAKKY

Vital Football Hero
Chris Hughton has turned down Stoke as the Potters begin the search for Nathan Jones’ replacement.

Stoke are sacking Jones because of his disastrous nine-month reign and they are bottom of the Championship with just two points.

The axe could fall today and the Potters’ hierarchy were keen to try and line up a successor before they dismissed Jones.

They approached Hughton, who has been out of work since being sacked by Brighton at the end of last season, but the former Newcastle boss wants to wait in the hope of landing another Premier League job.

Hughton’s refusal is the only reason why Jones is still at his post and he has been a dead man walking since last week.

Why we would we want to sign Chris Hughton when he retired from playing in 1993?
Or is it because you think our current Manager is crap due to his 2 losses in the last 13 home league games and needs replacing?

MODS - can this thread be moved to off topic as it has nothing to do with Latics!
:whistle:

The fact that Houghton and probably every other manager named in the Cook out thread wants to manage only in the Premier League really shows that folk on here saying get Moyes, Houghton etc really must be deluded!
Sack Cook and you are looking at failed managers on the merry go round and would be a disaster to appoint one of them!

To be honest, I don't think Hughton would ever be a go-er as a managerial appointment for us while we're at the level we're at, and people on here who think he would be must be seeing clouds. He wants a Prem job, and he's (apparently) turned down jobs in the Championship for bigger clubs than ours.

Admittedly, the options out there for us as Cook replacements are a bit uninspired, and so long as he keeps up his 2 losses in 13 home games record, he's likely to stay. But, if his 2 wins in 28 away games (12 points) form carries on and spills into the home form, he'll need to go.

But here's hoping the away form picks up and we don't need to replace him.

It doesn't have to be Latics related its football related.
Grow up

Really Zakky?

The title is :- "Latics Speyk......... For all things Latics related".

That said, I do agree that from the title of the thread, the subject is obvious, which surely enables posters to ignore it if they so wish...... much like another thread, recently moved to another part of the forum.
:whist:
?

Chris Hughton has turned down Stoke as the Potters begin the search for Nathan Jones’ replacement.

Stoke are sacking Jones because of his disastrous nine-month reign and they are bottom of the Championship with just two points.

The axe could fall today and the Potters’ hierarchy were keen to try and line up a successor before they dismissed Jones.

They approached Hughton, who has been out of work since being sacked by Brighton at the end of last season, but the former Newcastle boss wants to wait in the hope of landing another Premier League job.

Hughton’s refusal is the only reason why Jones is still at his post and he has been a dead man walking since last week.
Please advise source.

Really Zakky?

The title is :- "Latics Speyk......... For all things Latics related".

That said, I do agree that from the title of the thread, the subject is obvious, which surely enables posters to ignore it if they so wish...... much like another thread, recently moved to another part of the forum.
:whist:
?

Hughton has been mentioned on here many times as a Potential Latics manager so it is relevant

Your like babies who have had their dummies taken away
Grow up ffs

Hughton has been mentioned on here many times as a Potential Latics manager so it is relevant

Your like babies who have had their dummies taken away
Grow up ffs
You should maybe take more care with your reading Zakky. I merely pointed out that the gist of the forum was Latics, not football (as you stated).

I actually agreed with the rest of your post....... even though you seem determined to be prickly with everyone.
?

Wigan Athletic = A Football Club

A large percentage of our fans want Cook out, so we are speculating on who could take over the reigns, in this thread we are discussing Chris Hughton = Football manager.

This thread is fine were it is thank you. :thumbup:

I'm stunned it took so long for Stoke to sack Jones - his win ratio is something like 12% and they have parachute money too. Inexcusable results on the budget and squad they have. I can see Moyes turning up at Stoke and i think he'll probably turn it around.

Hughton took unglamerous jobs in the past but after was speculated that Hughton turned down Sheff Wed i think most of who wanted Hughton accepted he was a long shot after that - so this doesn't really change anything.

With Monk also not available - Rowett would be a very good choice if he is still available when we are looking for a new manager. Failing that there's still a lot of other good out of work managers with experience at this level.

Stoke haven’t sacked their manager. It looked like he was going after his midweek interview when they’d lost against Huddersfield but he’s still in charge. It seems as though they’re keeping him until they have a replacement lined up.

Screamin Normal wrote

"A large percentage of our fans want Cook out, " care to give a percentage? Have you canvassed every tic fan ? Where are the demonstrations? where are the banners @ home or away games ?

I notice the Cowleys have started to turn things round nicely at Huddersfield. Nathan Jones has scrubbed a win for Stoke as well. Those two won’t be in the bottom three for much longer.

We’re going down with the Barnsley unless this manager is terminated and that is a fact. Aitor Karanka, Gary Rowett, get one of them in now and save this fucking season before it’s too late!

People want Cook out because he plays Hughton/Rowett style football, rightly so IMO, the away form is a disgrace. Yet mention those 2 as replacements! I don't get it.

Look at the difference in win ratios of the 3 managers. In the past under different managers no one was ever that bothered when we played long ball but were getting results and performances, but most of the time what we do now is neither enjoyable to watch or effective. It seems like there is absolutely no method just hoof and hope rather than they way we often went long under say Bruce but we were set up to make that work for us and against our opponents rather than now where we play in a way that makes it harder for us and easier for our opponents.

We are a long ball team that is terrible at long ball.

We'd all love sexy football but I'll settle for ugly but competent long ball if we have to. Anything is better than our current ugly ineffective style which is the worst of all world's.

Last edited: