no go areas in brum? | Page 2 | Vital Football

no go areas in brum?

Jonah - 14/2/2013 16:02

I lived in Bordesley Green in the early 70s when it and Alum Rock still had a majority white populations thought there were a large number of black and asians there at the time.

My mate used to live in Alum Rock and we used to drink in his local on the Alum Rock road (can't remember the name of it now).

I went back to Bordesley Green last year for work and it is just about totally asian now. I had to deliver some stuff to a primary school there and there wasn't a white kid in sight.
When i used to be a delivery driver for Reality (White Arrow) Bordsley Green Small Heath Handsworth and Smetwick just a few i used hurry up and get out lol

When i was delivering gold from Argos in Handsworth a car came down the side of me with a bloke hanging outside the window with a baseball bat shouting pull over lol

I was like ''yeah right mate feck off'' i phoned the gaffer and he sent some special officers who helped us out cid or something like that but i still had to get away from them

all the way From Handsworth until i got into Tipton my town i lost them on the estate i live hiding behind a chippy lol i went over on red lights but so did they the barstools but i lived to tell the tail :10:

The Villa Cross area.

Extremely dangerous, and not just after certain hours. You need your wits about you any time of the day, while if you venture there after dark, you're inviting trouble.

The Botanic Gardens, I understand that black magic and other brands of chocolate are eaten there.

Is there anywhere left in B'ham that's safe especially on a night?. It was bad enough when we used to go down there in the 90's to my ex's parents. I dread to think what it is like now on a night out

Working nights in Newtown,I can confirm that it is not a safe place to be whatever your colour.I`m fairly confident that every nutter that is released from Winson Green or Highcroft is given 6 litres of Diamond white and 3 tablets of speed before their release and then dropped off in the Newtown area at around 11pm.They then proceed to piss up every doorway and throw up in every bus stop,whilst singing and shouting and searching for nub ends in the gutter.
All smokers have to go outside ,into the streets of Newtown for a fag........yeah,right !

As an outsider who lived in Birmingham I was never too worried about having any problems the closest I ever came to some violence was from a group of white English who wanted to fight just because I was Irish... And that was on a night out when me and two of my mates were walking to the Walkabout...

Reading some of the stuff maybe I wasnt the smartest for the most part I worked in Aston on the East End Foods building across from the big copshop... I walked home from aston I went for a few strolls at lunch time round Villa Cross and other spots around Aston and never had a problem but obviously not at night time...

When my friends from home came over they had mixed reviews of the place the lads werent too worried but the girls talked about how dodgy the place seemed...

Whats the name of that courtyard kind of place with all the bars and restaurants downaround the Asian end thats not far from the bullring?
I went there a decent bit and I remember one night this black guy approached me to sell drugs I didnt want anything but as soon as he heard the Irish accent he wanted to bring us to this party... I met a couple of his mates but the cops showed up and it looked like a big as fight was gona break out so me and my mate bailed...

Then there was the night we paid this random Indian/Pakistani guy to give us a lift to a party my mate got his number and he rang him to come and collect us and he did...

I had some mad experiences over there thinking about it probably would have had more trouble only Im Irish and 6'4 but Im exactly a big strong lump...
I was over there during the riots which was funny I had to work at the Airport so I was getting the bus back to the city centre all the shit I seen on the way home and when I got off in Digbeth was hilarious... A group of kids would be standing around and out of nowhere a paddy wagon pulls up and they grab as many kids as they can...

Iv nothing bad to say about Birmingham was crazy shit I had some mad experiences my only regrets were I didnt get a cheaper place to live and didnt try to get into Birmingham Uni for parties or women...

I remember one night this black guy approached me to sell drugs I didnt want anything but as soon as he heard the Irish accent he wanted to bring us to this party.

This has happened to me a few times as well but not because of my accent, I think many black guys just like a party. Bit of reggae, bit a ganja and the knock on the door of the bill.= its was quite common.

sirdennis - 15/2/2013 10:19

I have always thought places like Knowle and Dorridge are places I wouldn't like to be !!!!

Yep that really rough bit of waste ground that has the tennis courts at the bottom. Does the club house at the top still have a stump that was broken by mr altree ?? Lol always hated K&D

davem - 15/2/2013 12:15

sirdennis - 15/2/2013 10:19

I have always thought places like Knowle and Dorridge are places I wouldn't like to be !!!!

Yep that really rough bit of waste ground that has the tennis courts at the bottom. Does the club house at the top still have a stump that was broken by mr altree ?? Lol always hated K&D

Yes dreadful area. To go there on Saturdays especially is a real risk !!!

I used to deliver behind the sty's ground to Speedy shop and i can confirm i aint a fan of round that area lol

I aint a racist etc but how long will it be before we brits are the monority in this country cos all round by me aswell West Brom Smethwick Dudley you name it i always seem to see more asians than brits maybe its just me?

Green Tea - 15/2/2013 11:53

I remember one night this black guy approached me to sell drugs I didnt want anything but as soon as he heard the Irish accent he wanted to bring us to this party.

This has happened to me a few times as well but not because of my accent, I think many black guys just like a party. Bit of reggae, bit a ganja and the knock on the door of the bill.= its was quite common.

Well looking back these guys were shady dudes...

There were 12 of us 8 girls and 4 guys and this black guy acted like he never met Irish people before c'mon to my party man bring yo friends... We've weed, vodka, beer, this and that and there will be loads of girls too bro...

Hiiiighlarious stuff this guy was telling me but only three of us were gona go then the cops started showed up outside the club and started searching all his mates... After that we bailed I was sick I wanted one of those black girls they were super hot :59:

Let me ask you this did he wear two pairs of boxers? He kept showing my friend but she wasnt having anything to do with him it was so funny tho...

Who here goes to Flares? I started going there with two other Irish guys it doesnt have many young chicks in it but you were guaranteed to pull if you tried... It was good for a laugh but I prefer people my own age not a 30 something whos had a kid...

Lived in Aston, Erdington, Nechells, Ladywood/Springhill, South Road off Handsworth. Brother lived in Lozells. No too much hassle, then again I am a big evil scary muthafooker.

Dont fancy Newtown after dark much though.