No credit to us from Alexander | Vital Football

No credit to us from Alexander

PhilK66

Vital 1st Team Regular
Prick! Couldn't even bring himself to mention our name. Just called us "them". SL would not do that - he's a fair minded, honest guy.

We always have and always will be 'Little old Gillingham' unfortunately. Most managers and fans of other teams will give us the respect we deserve when we beat them (I think there was some very positive stuff on the Spotters' board after we won at the Valley) but sadly, some can't just recognise that we've beaten them fair and square and see it as humiliating. The Orangeman that's just been dumped by Southend is another example.
As Lancs says, Bollux to 'em all, WGUAFPOW :5:

Nobby_66 - 20/1/2018 21:08

We always have and always will be 'Little old Gillingham' unfortunately.

But being "Little old Gillingham" to Scunthorpe?? That's a different level of Little that is.

Actually I prefer it when opposing teams/fans/manager give us no credit. It shows we have really got up their nose. Sounds like this time we played them off the park for a lot of it as well :2:

Geez, just looked at his post match interview -

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2018/january/alexander-post-gillingham/

" We were sloppy and slow. We gave them a goal, which gave them the lead and a boost in momentum. I don?t think they particularly deserved a goal at that time"

But second half "We had a great spell 20 minutes into the second half when we played at a tempo. We have to learn from that and we got the equalising goal, deservedly."

Then "we have given a couple of real sloppy goals away".

So, we didn't deserve a goal. They did. Then we got 2 more undeserved goals?

FMD. What an absolute ar*ehole.

If you really want to feel persecuted think about the headline

"Alexander reacts to Gills defeat"
Say what?

Yes, he really couldn't take being beaten 3-1 at home. Maybe it didn't help that he probably also remembered they never scored against in the first game and in fact his super squad only took one point out of six.

let me tell you something else - that Alexander hasnt mentioned- we could have scored another 3 as well and the highlights didnt show that. Yes sure we ran a bit of luck but for me it was more superb defence blocks at times. For the people who couldnt make it - you would have been so proud of this team they worked there backsides off -thats what won the game our midfield never stopped running and we took our chances and hit them at the right times and knocked the stuffing out of them. Yes the reason he didnt give us any credit was the fact that we really rubbed his nose into it. One of the best and gutsy displays Ive seen for a long long time and it was thoroughly deserved. Our 200 or so supporters were the lucky ones to have witnessed that display and your going to like Callum Reilly he gave us that bit of grit we have been lacking. However Im not sure how long he will last as Im convinced his yellow cards will stack up as the weeks progress.. But a seems a terrific loan.

Totally agree Kettners, but for me the pivotal moment in the match was the save from Holy. On the angle where we were it looked like 2-1 all the way. That save for me was on a par with Big Fat Jim's at Mansfield the year we went up under Pulis. Outstanding.
We were talking in the car back to Rainham about the performance at Rochdale with similar players, the 3 0 drubbing which should have been more. Starring relegation in the face. Now top half of the table. Credit SL and his team for organising this group. I love away days like yesterday.

kettners - 21/1/2018 08:52

let me tell you something else - that Alexander hasnt mentioned- we could have scored another 3 as well and the highlights didnt show that. Yes sure we ran a bit of luck but for me it was more superb defence blocks at times. For the people who couldnt make it - you would have been so proud of this team they worked there backsides off -thats what won the game our midfield never stopped running and we took our chances and hit them at the right times and knocked the stuffing out of them. Yes the reason he didnt give us any credit was the fact that we really rubbed his nose into it. One of the best and gutsy displays Ive seen for a long long time and it was thoroughly deserved. Our 200 or so supporters were the lucky ones to have witnessed that display and your going to like Callum Reilly he gave us that bit of grit we have been lacking. However Im not sure how long he will last as Im convinced his yellow cards will stack up as the weeks progress.. But a seems a terrific loan.

Cheers kettners. That is all fantastic stuff to hear :2:

I think some managers just conduct interviews with a sort of tunnel vision where they only look at their side and how they play - hence why he refers to the opposition as them and it does not occur to him to consider that his boys were beaten by the better team. Mourinho is a past master at this.

The other issue is self preservation which is why he puts a defeat down to individual errors and sloppiness. He can then say that he did everything possible in training but the players did not follow his instructions.

That sort of attitude will satisfy and distract his chairman in respect of occasional defeats by lower sides but will wear thin after a while and he will not get away with it if they start falling the table.

To be fair, he does seem to be doing a pretty good job because I would agree that Scunthorpe are not a bigger club than us but have been in the play off positions for most (if not all) of the season.

PhilK66 - 20/1/2018 18:41

Prick! Couldn't even bring himself to mention our name. Just called us "them". SL would not do that - he's a fair minded, honest guy.

Good!!
I don't want other managers bigging us up. I don't want any red top papers broadcasting what a great job SL and the team are doing. I am quite happy to see us quietly sneaking up the table and beating teams who are unprepared for our style of play. The minute SL becomes 'the next big thing' we will have all the wannabe chairman trying to tempt him away. Let's keep it a secret for at least another season!

That reminds me, unless i was dreaming it, (someone please confirm) : after we had put the ball into touch for an injury to one of our players, i think Scunny took a throw in and simply carried on - really sporting that ! Not so great eh, Alexander.

Gills1958 - 21/1/2018 18:14

Yes, what did a Gills player achieve v Scunny last season? I''ve often wondered. Nobby, do you know?

Dunno mate but didn't someone score a hat trick against Southend

FFS boys, let's all move on LOL