Nigel Farage and Billy Davies | Page 8 | Vital Football

Nigel Farage and Billy Davies

Pit Bull! - 26/5/2014 22:51

i am a tree - 26/5/2014 17:19

Nah i would prob vote conservative i just think UKIP are incompetent and wouldn't know the first thing about how to run a country.

Oh come on!

None of these parties can successfully run a country - If they did, surely there'd be less of a discontent.

It can't be that hard though, and I hereby propose Vital sets up its own party.

Starting at the top, you naturally have OKD, our leader. His right hand man, Basford, can be Chancellor - I hear he's successful, that's a start.

Jom could handle our international trade - He sells to B&M Bargains (According to some on here at least), that gives him some qualification. He could also help by overvaluing the country's economy or starting rumours to try to discredit Germany to secure better trade deals in overseas markets.

Jimmy Gordon could be controlled opposition - Every political party, organisation or small business needs some of this. It would be a ploy to increase our support - Those discrediting JG would include Lupus.

Rob could walk around in his shorts, carrying his banjo, telling our supporters that we're sh*t and they're all happy clapping móngs.

Strawberry Avenger (Where did he go?) could write our manifesto and any press releases.

Mark2310 could handle our finances - For as long as he gets a grip on turnover (Sorry Mark). He could also try to increase our said turnover by moving money from one currency to the next, and back again.

Jock, Payola, you could organise the cheerleaders (Yeah, let's go American - Another ploy).

I'm at a loss as to what PVH does. He could be our prospective parliamentary candidate in Newcastle.

Everybody else gets a role.

I'll follow OKD around with a camera.

Done.

Well, that's not quite true. Unfortunately no matter who's in power, someone's always going to have their nose bent out of shape and policies/their outcomes won't sit nicely with every cross section of society.

But I do like the idea of a Vital Political party... And seeing as we just all fall out and talk shyte all day I fail to see what the difference is between this and Westminster so we may as well get paid for doing it.

MrsBrownsBoys - 27/5/2014 21:36

Yet again ITTO what is racist about UKIPS policies ? What is there policy on immigration ?

Nothing wrong with wanting to have control on the volume of immigrants, the quality,and who comes, goes or stays ? Is that racist ?

It is Undemocratic not to hold a referendum on continued EU membership, nobody voted the EU in to Govern us, yet that is what is happening by stealth and wilful lies by all three Parties

This is not about some Policy this is about who Governs us and decides how we live, what we spend our taxes on , how we administer our Justice, we were lied to on the first Referendum and if UKIP achieves nothing else, it has made sure the issue is raised and finished the Clegglet and quite possibly the Lib Dems

To make a claim as some have that as the sixth largest Economy in the World we need the EU to survive is ridiculous and insulting to the Business community

The big question isn't whether UKIPs policies are Racist. It's what are UKIPs policies?
I had a convo' with one if their candidates tea presenting a Birmingham ward last week and she didn't have a clue. Actually, with all due respect to the girl, she was a frickin' moron! She was just racist though.

I agree Jom, not having a referendum on Europe is completely undemocratic! It isn't our politicians who govern our land, it's those over in Brussels. So why should we not have a say?

The countries which were less affected by the recession and those which had the fastest growth after were those furthest away from being full members of the EU and those European countries who only have trade agreements, such as Sweden, Norway, etc. business wouldn't fail without the EU.
We do need to concentrate on how our tax system is set up and embraces new and existing businesses, making it more attractive to trade from the UK (and clowns need to stop banging on about corporation taxes, banking taxes, etc) we need to be concentrating on trade agreements with china and the Middle East/ India, along with continental US.

Europe is too culturally different to operate as one entity. People from the Mediterranean regions share nothing in the way of culture, work ethic, etc of those in say Germany. The whole thing just doesn't make sense

After UKIP gains last week, BBC unsurprisingly have headlines suggesting 35% of those questioned in a poll were racist.
They really do have a problem with change at that corporation, morons that need to be less political and influential in the way they believe people should think and behave.

Ingy, you're right about the clocks being out on the site. I noticed they were 3-4 minutes out about a week ago.

SYSTON RED - 28/5/2014 06:58

After UKIP gains last week, BBC unsurprisingly have headlines suggesting 35% of those questioned in a poll were racist.
They really do have a problem with change at that corporation, morons that need to be less political and influential in the way they believe people should think and behave.

No, the news article was about the number of people identifying THEMSELVES as racially prejudiced has risen since 2001.

You've put your own spin on it and then accused the BBC of doing the same.

The poll found that more people counted themselves as racially prejudiced than 10 years ago. Nothing particularly to do with UKIP and the poll was from the British National Attitudes survey- a respected survey that has nothing to so with the BBC.

Surely that's newsworthy?

Pope John
D'you think that's because people are more aware of what being "racist" actually means - as opposed to the "some of my best friends are.... but I wouldn't want them living next door" rubbish?

People fall out with other postcodes

I dont think its racism. People just hate people, give them a label (i.e black, Romanian, Pakistani etc) and that hatred/intolerance is called racism

Human beings are tribal. The uneducated humans (those that do not realise that we're all the bloody same) are shoved out to the front and labelled themselves as racists

I am a school governor and the latest problem facing the school is the learned language/behaviour regarding homophobia, as parents pass on their small mindedness like a baton to the next generation

This life is a merry go round.

I refuse to get het up by all this nonsense. To quote a great man "It is what it is"

Number 3 - 28/5/2014 09:28

I dont think its racism. People just hate people, give them a label (i.e black, Romanian, Pakistani etc) and that hatred/intolerance is called racism

Human beings are tribal. The uneducated humans (those that do not realise that we're all the bloody same) are shoved out to the front and labelled themselves as racists

I am a school governor and the latest problem facing the school is the learned language/behaviour regarding homophobia, as parents pass on their small mindedness like a baton to the next generation

I refuse to get het up by all this nonsense. To quote a great man "It is what it is"

People fall out with Post Codes!!

After reading post after depressing post from sad people who are attempting to purge their own consciences for being racist; that little pearl of wisdom has cheered me up no end!

You can be quite the entertainer when you put your mind to it C_l_a_n_g_z

in_the_top_one - 27/5/2014 20:28

Number 3 - 27/5/2014 19:42

If Jock was a mod, he would definitely ice this thread

Touch of the latent racist about a couple of posters
He asked a question early on then got bored.

People don't like their pet theories being destroyed by evidence.

Jock Quote
'have no interest in this thread whatsoever how is it forest related'

Jock is always the first one to wade in with the anti foreigner nonsense, Islamaphobia and even laughs heartedly at Pit bulls every increasing use of stuff like the N word

But yeah you have no interest in this thread

More like i'm not going to listen to facts that are presented to me as it doesn't fit in with what I want to believe

I know i'll bury my head in the sand

But you are allowed to have your opinion dude just don't pretend we don't know what you are about

Irememberwhen - 28/5/2014 09:14

Pope John
D'you think that's because people are more aware of what being "racist" actually means - as opposed to the "some of my best friends are.... but I wouldn't want them living next door" rubbish?

I think the British people as a mass have akways been xenophobic and somewhat bigoted. Look back 500 years- even 1000 and the attitude to "foreigners" is much the same. I don't think a single thing has changed in that regard.

I think more likely is that people who feel like that perceive that their views are acceptable to be heard in the current climate.

UKIP certainly have a fair bit of responsibility for that , as do the Tories.

UKIP are not changing people's minds or making them racist- they are helping create a climate where people with those views feel they are acceptable to be aired.

You could see this on the European ballot paper- UKIP actually looked quite left wing compared to some of the parties on that ballot paper

Number 3 - 28/5/2014 09:28

What you find is that kids on their own will accept absolutely anybody.

But it's extremely depressing when a student stands up in class and says proudly states that we need to get rid of all foreigners.

You look at him there and just think; whose opinion is that? Yours? Or your dad's?

Children tend to absolutely follow the prejudices of their parents unfortunately

Thats partly true Pope. My old man (RIP) was one of those old generation love thy neighbour people. It certainly didnt pass down to me.

Its going to be a long time after you and I have gone before its completely diluted to a trace element (if ever) im afraid

I smashed up my soapbox and set fire to it after the gulf war protest

Never bothered getting a new one

Well who would you suggest Bremen ?

The Lib Dems used to get those Votes then went into Govt and look at how that worked out

Wasted Vote eh ? seems to have done the trick IMO