Nick Powell and pizzas | Page 2 | Vital Football

Nick Powell and pizzas

From memory, he didn't play in the play-offs, as he was dropped by Rosler as it had come out he had been stopped for for drink-driving in the early hours of the Tuesday after our Easter Monday game at Burnley. He was in court on the Monday (think he had to attend) and so Rosler wouldn't play him in the 2nd leg.

I was told about the drink-driving stuff by a steward at the QPR playoff game, only person I heard mention it and sure it was in the paper on the Monday that it had happened. Again, if memory serves me right, Dave Whelan offered to helicopter him to London so he could play in the 2nd leg, as we'd enquired as to the rules and were told, as long as he was on the teamsheet and in the ground at KO, he could be named as sub
That's the way I remember it too. I think Nick has tried to twist history in his favour with that narrative. Undoubtedly a remarkable talent and although maybe he could have had a few cracks at the Prem, overall his career wasn't a bad one. Maybe he will look back at some of those silly decisions in his younger years with some regret though

Sounds familiar, Isn't that what Maloney is doing but to the whole squad? Let the players play and stop restricting them, I may sound like a stuck record but play to the strengths of the squad at your disposal, square pegs round holes!
Probably not to the same extreme, Nick Powell during the 2nd half of the season would come on with 20 minutes to go and we were 2-0 down and we'd still have a chance.