Nick Powell and pizzas | Vital Football

Nick Powell and pizzas

I've just bought the game Mexican Train Dominoes. Brilliant game and well worth a buy. As for the Pizzas. A bloody expensive cheese butty.

Person orders pizza
Assistant asks would you like it cut into 4 or 8 pieces
Person replies 4 please I don’t think I could manage 8

You would need footballers wages to eat Pizza every night.

Sir Nick is / was my favourite player. Lewis Price may not agree (still).
I also liked Uwe Rosler as a manager (reason for mentioning this below).

There was an article published by the Athletic a few months back and it was a very interesting read. It mentions his attitude and injuries ... but no pizzas.

(I can view it with no issues but it may be behind a paywall for some)

This one may work

There is a little bit of text that made me treble check what was written.
The paragraph ,if true, had me thinking what if ....... (he played)

"Then, towards the end of the season, the manager, Uwe Rosler, started to experiment with him as a striker.
“I started getting frustrated,” says Powell. “We had a game against Leeds. We won 1-0 but I came in pissed off because, in my head, I had played terribly. I’m happy to win, happy for the team. I did my job and you might have thought I’d played well.
“But it comes back to what I was saying about how I like to play a certain way and it annoys me like hell when I’m stopped from doing it.
We had a falling-out. It wasn’t malicious and Uwe tried to sign me the next year. Our relationship wasn’t broken and, if we met each other now, we’d talk and get on fine. But I ended up training alone and didn’t play in the play-offs."

FFFFFFFFFFS !

Just imagine how good an in shape Powell could have been for us. Any manager trying to control him instead of letting him do what he could do, be it 90 mins or 10 minutes was foolish.

Just imagine how good an in shape Powell could have been for us. Any manager trying to control him instead of letting him do what he could do, be it 90 mins or 10 minutes was foolish.
Sounds familiar, Isn't that what Maloney is doing but to the whole squad? Let the players play and stop restricting them, I may sound like a stuck record but play to the strengths of the squad at your disposal, square pegs round holes!

Sounds familiar, Isn't that what Maloney is doing but to the whole squad? Let the players play and stop restricting them, I may sound like a stuck record but play to the strengths of the squad at your disposal, square pegs round holes!
Absolutely spot on Frank lad. This unfortunately for football is not confined to Maloney. It is widespread this robotic football thing. Trouble is S.M.s version of it although pretty effective is one of the worst examples of how football should be played.
I bet we go and win 6-0 tonight with over ten shots on target.

I have to admit, it's a brilliant position to take:
The manager's shit
The players are great
The manager's tactically clueless
The players are being restricted
The manager wants drab football
The players could be enthralling us with entertainment

It's bulletproof.

Sir Nick is / was my favourite player. Lewis Price may not agree (still).
I also liked Uwe Rosler as a manager (reason for mentioning this below).

There was an article published by the Athletic a few months back and it was a very interesting read. It mentions his attitude and injuries ... but no pizzas.

(I can view it with no issues but it may be behind a paywall for some)

This one may work

There is a little bit of text that made me treble check what was written.
The paragraph ,if true, had me thinking what if ....... (he played)

"Then, towards the end of the season, the manager, Uwe Rosler, started to experiment with him as a striker.
“I started getting frustrated,” says Powell. “We had a game against Leeds. We won 1-0 but I came in pissed off because, in my head, I had played terribly. I’m happy to win, happy for the team. I did my job and you might have thought I’d played well.
“But it comes back to what I was saying about how I like to play a certain way and it annoys me like hell when I’m stopped from doing it.
We had a falling-out. It wasn’t malicious and Uwe tried to sign me the next year. Our relationship wasn’t broken and, if we met each other now, we’d talk and get on fine. But I ended up training alone and didn’t play in the play-offs."

FFFFFFFFFFS !

From memory, he didn't play in the play-offs, as he was dropped by Rosler as it had come out he had been stopped for for drink-driving in the early hours of the Tuesday after our Easter Monday game at Burnley. He was in court on the Monday (think he had to attend) and so Rosler wouldn't play him in the 2nd leg.

I was told about the drink-driving stuff by a steward at the QPR playoff game, only person I heard mention it and sure it was in the paper on the Monday that it had happened. Again, if memory serves me right, Dave Whelan offered to helicopter him to London so he could play in the 2nd leg, as we'd enquired as to the rules and were told, as long as he was on the teamsheet and in the ground at KO, he could be named as sub