NHS dentists | Page 2 | Vital Football

NHS dentists

Because the white ones reckon they can't make it pay, funny how the Asian dentists can, they work harder obviously. Get fed up listening to people moaning they can't get dentists. I have an appointment for a routine check-up tomorrow.
Sandon Rd Bearwood they have patients that come as far away as Wales.
I don't understand how someone can afford a round trip from Wales but not to go private.

95 quid for 15 mins back at my private dentist on Tuesday. If only I'd worked harder at school. Re- register appointment which is 20 quid more apparently , xrays and photos. .

As said I'd been binned from the NHS waiting list and the place was a shit hole so if I'm gonna have to pay private then I'll go somewhere nice .

The only saving grace was that the dentist was absolutely stunning. :love:

95 quid for 15 mins back at my private dentist on Tuesday. If only I'd worked harder at school. Re- register appointment which is 20 quid more apparently , xrays and photos. .

As said I'd been binned from the NHS waiting list and the place was a shit hole so if I'm gonna have to pay private then I'll go somewhere nice .

The only saving grace was that the dentist was absolutely stunning. :love:
Our dentist (who left about 6 months ago ) was Anglo-Chinese and could have been a model it was a pleasure to have her do a filling.

The practice we have used for years and was very good has recently gone private with NHS prices so no difference , but it has been taken over by completely new staff and dentists so we shall see how it goes.

Our dentist (who left about 6 months ago ) was Anglo-Chinese and could have been a model it was a pleasure to have her do a filling.

The practice we have used for years and was very good has recently gone private with NHS prices so no difference , but it has been taken over by completely new staff and dentists so we shall see how it goes.
Yeah. That's basically what happened with my practice. The old guard went and it was taken over hence the price rise I suspect....

My dentist won't see me as my wobbly tooth isn't bad enough! 🙄

I rung the dentists out of area who are on the NHS dental website marked as taking on NHS and guess what?

They are taking people on though they have 5 year plus waiting lists 🙄

So I made the conscious decision to ring my old dentist who left the practice 2 years ago to go private

She is an amazing dentist and that's why I'm going back to her. If I'm going to pay private I will pay the money to her.

She is dentist phobic registered too, and so gentle you barly feel even a scratch when she has to inject you. She massages the area she is injecting.

As for the cost I will go on a payment plan and separate plan for other various I may need.

I have alot of problems with my teeth re my health problems so I have just got to 🙏 that no big bills come together

£25.80 yesterday for 5/6 min check-up, plus what the NHS gives them on top of that. I was in the waiting room for 25 mins!
Can't make a living?
What they mean is they can only afford a Boxster and not a 911

Well that's £400 to pay today. The dental work equals one upper tooth removal, x-rays and a tooth added on to my plate.

I have to have the same work done on a bottom tooth in 6 months time. So that's £800 to pay this year plus the £21 per month dental plan for 2 check ups and 2 x hygienist cleans

I guess I need to be putting away an extra average £10 a week in a dental fund pot for additional work to be on the safe side

Dental plate picked up. I feel like I have a full mouth of teeth again even though some are false.

Oh and the Dental receptionist gotten the final bill wrong yesterday so it was cheaper than I expected.

The whole bill was £240 not £335 she quoted

plus the £21 per month dental plan for 2 check ups and 2 x hygienist cleans
Is that for your practice?

Myself and Mrs JPA pay £55 per month (for both) for Denplan which entitles us to check ups, hygienists, emergency work, etc. Basically anything apart from cosmetic stuff like whitening, straightening, etc. Pretty much all inclusive.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to how NHS dentistry works these days.

Is that for your practice?

Myself and Mrs JPA pay £55 per month (for both) for Denplan which entitles us to check ups, hygienists, emergency work, etc. Basically anything apart from cosmetic stuff like whitening, straightening, etc. Pretty much all inclusive.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to how NHS dentistry works these days.

Yes my practice! It's private. There is no way you can get NHS here now. My previous dentist stopped NHS this year and went private.

I moved practice to where my dentist is now. She left the practice 3 years ago and set up her own dental practice.

I only stayed with my last practice cos it was NHS. As soon as it went private I moved. I have to pay for it so I will pay the money to whom I wish too.

My plan is with "Practice Plan" The £20 per month is for checkups and hygienists.

If I have an emergency I phone 111 and get booked in with the emergency dentist to be seen the same day by an NHS/Private practice who does emergency only appointments for chronic pain.

My dentist as said she is also going to refer me to the dental dept of our NHS hospital when it comes to replacement dentures as it will be way cheaper.

She is really good at minimising costs

Had a crown fitted about 2 years ago as an NHS patient. Thing pretty much fell apart within weeks. Cost (if I remember correctly) was around £275?. Finally went to a dentist here in Japan a couple of months ago to get it looked at. Amazing service. Great job. 30 quid.

(The dentist was also Asian 🤣)