Next season's Championship | Vital Football

Next season's Championship

Chronic

Vital Football Hero
As I expected, it's gone Ipswich's way and they're going up. The force has been on their side for a while it seems. No way should their team be good enough. But they're up against Leeds, who are the best bottlers around so I guess they could hardly fail.

This means at least one for Leeds or Southampton will be there next season.

Other contenders?

Burnley
Luton or Forest
West Brom
Norwich
Coventry
Hull
Sunderland
Pompey / Derby?
Pigs?

Looks quite hard to me. And later today we could make it harder for ourselves if we take points off Forest. But fuck it, I want them to go down. They deserve it. They'll be up shit creek financially too you'd think so may not necessarily be any stronger than Luton.

Sick the piggys dint gu down, they,ll be some right shit spouted around piggy land and Praise & Grumble can guess wot that,s like tonight, all the thick twats crawling out from under the sty. Has any of the thickies predicted promotion to the prem next season? More brains in a pork pie!

Going to be a tough league next yr not going to make any predictions until I see what we’re going into it with

I know I,m an old twat who basically lives on memories and nothing really changes ar BDTBL. When we were relegated 67/68 we had a young God & Woody in our team, plus the little midfield dynamo Willie Carlin and we started the season well, even twatting Cloughies Derby County at the Lane where Willie ran the show. Next week Cloughie came calling and off went Dynamo Willie to the Rams. The rest is history, Derby pissed the Division and with God maturing with age we had to wait 3 more years to win promotion. Home on leave later I can still hear the Kop singing in unison, "Come back, Willie come back!"

Top spot reserved for the swine cottage mob ………. so second spot is the best the rest of the teams can hope for.

It might actually be better for us if Leeds don't go up. They might be in more difficulty than Southampton as a result, and are also perennial bottlers. Added bonus of two interesting fixtures.

Hopefully Hull sacking Rosenior doesn't work out for them, and the owner stops spending so much. That could remove them as a threat.

It'll be interesting to see how much upheaval there is at Burnley. They've spent a fortune, and spent it badly. But I'm sure they'll automatically end up with enough random talent to piss the division again. I wonder if Kompany will stay? I hope he does.

It might actually be better for us if Leeds don't go up. They might be in more difficulty than Southampton as a result, and are also perennial bottlers. Added bonus of two interesting fixtures.

Hopefully Hull sacking Rosenior doesn't work out for them, and the owner stops spending so much. That could remove them as a threat.

It'll be interesting to see how much upheaval there is at Burnley. They've spent a fortune, and spent it badly. But I'm sure they'll automatically end up with enough random talent to piss the division again. I wonder if Kompany will stay? I hope he does.
Burnley are a well entrenched Prem club having spent 8 of the last 10 seasons there and accumulated vast amounts of wealth during that period. They'll probably have enough savvy to get back there in the next couple of seasons, more than likely next season. In comparison in the last 30 seasons we've spent 4 there and the Pigs 6. Amazing that a small backwater mill town has spent only 2 seasons less in the Prem in that time than 2 big city city clubs combined. As for Leeds, they have the crowds to generate money so I'd like to see them out of the way.

Last edited:
Burnley are a well entrenched Prem club having spent 7 of the last 9 seasons there and accumulates vast amounts during that period. They'll probably have enough savvy to get back there in the next couple of seasons, more than likely next season.
I read a report 2 weeks ago that said Burnley had massively over spent. They have done the opposite of Abdullah and just blown all the Premiership money on transfers. The owners are not super rich and in fact had to borrow against the assets to buy the club.
If they get relegated they will 100% have to sell some of the star players. Even more so than SUFC.

Just feel that Burnley have so many players that some of them they're left with will excel, and probably not even the ones we'd expect or know much about.

Luton will be quite interesting. It'll be their first season with any expectation. Hard to know who'll stay, how much they'll spend and how they'll approach it. Hopefully the manager leaves.

I read a report 2 weeks ago that said Burnley had massively over spent. They have done the opposite of Abdullah and just blown all the Premiership money on transfers. The owners are not super rich and in fact had to borrow against the assets to buy the club.
If they get relegated they will 100% have to sell some of the star players. Even more so than SUFC.
Always wonder how Burnley have managed to keep clear of FFP. Is it their Man City connection that keeps them bulletproof?

With no parachute payments and a huge wage bill Norwich will have to do some serious cloth cutting this summer. Sara, Sargent and Rowe are players they'll be looking to sell and Giannoulis, McCallum and Gibson's contracts run out next month.

It''s going to be tough for them watching Ipswich splash the cash while they have to sell prize assets.

I think Leeds should go for Sara if they go up. He'd fit in great in their team.

We could maybe look to sign McCallum on a free.

I had hoped Sara was the Norwich player we were interested in this time last year. After a patchy first season in England Norwich may have considered turning a quick profit. Little did I know we didn't have a pot to piss in despite being in the richest league in the world.

Sara will be in the PL next season. I can see the south coast clubs being interested. Aarons is probably tapping him up for Bournemouth right now.