Next season | Vital Football

Next season

in_toon

Vital Newbie
Short of us getting a man city style take over we will probably be looking at a maximum of 3 first team players for next season (possibly wishful thinking, Ashley's still here). I've heard before Rafa liked to replace the 3 weakest positions. So what would they be in our first team?

I have the first team as
Dubravka (apparently agreed fee)
Yedlin. Lascelles. Lejeune. Dummett
Ritchie. Shelvey. Diame. Atsu (Kennedy would have to be one of our signings)
Perez
Gayle.

For me I'd like to see kenedy signed.
I'd like to see Gayle replaced (I actually still believe mitrovic could be the man, but never under benitez)
I think despite good recent form I would look for a new number 10.

I'd be relatively happy with the defence(at least not a priority) and shelvey and Diame seem to have found a partnership, with merino behind.

As for who the striker could be I have no idea. Benteke if benitez could get the best out of him but he seems finished.

Anyone from one of the relegated teams worth poaching?

I reckon Rafa will fancy Joe Allen from Stoke. He also had a well documented interest in Swansea's Sam Clucas last Summer as well not to mention the non stop talk over Fulham's Tom Cairney. Something could happen if they fail to get through the play offs.

If Ashley allows any change from the norm then on top of a probable £50m kitty, that should really be £80m plus, he will be allowed to use the funds from the Mitrovic sale and any others he manages to get a price for.

If this happens then I wouldn't be surprised to see a new midfield engine with Diame being shipped out with Shelvey if a big offer comes in. I'll also be surprised if Gayle is here come August and wouldn't be surprised to see Ritchie gone.

I reckon on the list will be a new right side, both right back and wing. Maybe Scott Sinclair from Celtic being one or Nathan Redmond of Southampton along with a foreign wing back.

Tom Cairney or Joe Allen will be his choice for the Diame position I feel and he will want to replace the two up top or at least have other options along with a season long loan for Kenedy.

Have a feeling that Bas Dost will feature again in this window along with that Nicolai Jorgensen.

It's like writing your xmas list when you were a bairn
But I don't mind speculating ..For me it makes the summer break interesting and helps the break seem shorter.

My reckoning is one more winger, hopefully Kenedy, 2 x number 9 and a number 10 as well as juggling across the back 4 and maybe 1 in 1 out in central midfield.

The big question is whether Ashley will allow Rafa to invest any profits.

Add into the mix a couple of free agents (Torres/Iniesta?)

How much would the following generate:
Mitrovic, Gayle, Sels, Colback, Aarons, Diame, Mbemba, Darlow, Joselu, Lazaar, Saivet and Mankini? With the wind behind, I reckon North of £50m.

I doubt there’s an owner on Championship Manager or Football Manager who is as much of a **** as Ashley. Even Blyth Spartans let you spend cash.

If Ashley is still holding the keys we all know the script, he has followed it for six years and people stick expect him to open his wallet when its not happening.

There's only so much cash that can be diverted though and it has to go somewhere. He either clears the pretend debt figure or has to spend it plus it's not his cash.

We're self sustainable now and those who know their financials will know what's there to spend on us or Ashley's next assault on the House of Fraser shares.

With no retained list that I know of yet, this seems to be the start of outgoings as Gamez has said his goodbye.

De292v0WAAAzqio.jpg

With the tumbleweed increasing around the club, things get moving this week with the release of the fixture list.

Sooner or later there will have to be genuine transfer moves to avert a Rafa ultimatum with suitors for our players mounting up and nowt on the rumour mill regarding the inbound.