Next Season - What would you rather? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Next Season - What would you rather?

This is exactly the same daft question that people were asking about us potentially coming down to League 2 last season and winning a few more games, and look where we are. Relegation should never be accepted or wanted, it’s a ludicrous theory.

Was going to say the same, I'm sure this question was asked last year. How has that worked out?

Given a choice would you rather Gills stayed up this season to be faced with another boring season of struggle next season, say in the bottom six for the whole season.

Or, go down and have a season in the top six of the National League, challenging for play-offs and in with a shout of promotion in the top six?

Bottom six or top six?

Agree, you could have asked that question last season. No guarantees that a relegated club will bounce back. I'll still go whatever league but ultimately, I am hoping to survive this season with a takeover to breath new life and cash into the club.

To be fair, you could make exactly the same argument about Harrogate, Barrow and Hartlepool, for example

Harrogate`s a very nice place to visit. I`ve already got my accommodation booked for our game there next year. Barrow`s a nice journey through beautiful countryside. Hartlepool, mmmm, well it`s got a fab museum at the harbour.

Harrogate`s a very nice place to visit. I`ve already got my accommodation booked for our game there next year. Barrow`s a nice journey through beautiful countryside. Hartlepool, mmmm, well it`s got a fab museum at the harbour.

That's as may be, but when gills69 referred to the "vibrancy" of playing the likes of Solihull Moors, Borehamwood, Eastleigh and Wealdstone, I don't think (although stand to be corrected) that he was referring to their merits as a destination for a weekend away ;)

That's as may be, but when gills69 referred to the "vibrancy" of playing the likes of Solihull Moors, Borehamwood, Eastleigh and Wealdstone, I don't think (although stand to be corrected) that he was referring to their merits as a destination for a weekend away ;)

Absolutely right. I've seen three of the four grounds I mentioned and they were one step above where I'd expect to watch a pub game.

Barrow and Hartlepool are both clubs that we've face many times in the League so I don't think of them in the same way.

I mean no disrespect to any NL club, I just don't want to see us sink to that level.

NL is a league that has improved massively over the years in both quality and facilities and seems to attract higher crowds every year. Very competitive with the three divisions, there are as many teams in the NL as in the EFL (72). Yes there are still a few smaller teams involved but that makes it better, the small town teams trying to compete with the big spenders like Wrexham.

Just think of all the new grounds to tick off.

Realised that, Madrid. S`pose I should have included a smiley face. But, Harrogate is a very, very nice place ;)

NL is a league that has improved massively over the years in both quality and facilities and seems to attract higher crowds every year. Very competitive with the three divisions, there are as many teams in the NL as in the EFL (72). Yes there are still a few smaller teams involved but that makes it better, the small town teams trying to compete with the big spenders like Wrexham.

Just think of all the new grounds to tick off.

I can't believe that any Gills fans have started considering that there are any merits of falling into the NFL.

As for "new grounds to tick off" honestly ....... FFS!

Wealdstone could well have been the first match I ever went to. Although I think I saw Gills v Watford first. My cousins lived in Harrow one had a mate who played for Wealdstone. I know I saw him play .He always said my cousin was a better player but at about 5 foot 2 always got rejected. Now in his mid to late sixties he only recently retired.
Borehamwood would not be that bad from here. Perhaps I might go to watch them one day.

This reminds me of the, "would you rather...?" questions my son used to ask me when he was about ten years old.

My favourite was, "would you rather eat chocolate that tastes of poo, or poo that tastes of chocolate?"

I’m glad it’s not just me that understands the concept of a hypothetical question.

Funnily enough the whole chocolate / poo debate is unbelievably similar to the question posed by Mick.

Poo flavoured chocolate btw.