Next Norwich Manager | Vital Football

Next Norwich Manager

fanforlife

Alert Team
Merely speculation on my part, but if your a betting man get a few quid on it, Paul Warne has just taken Rotherham up a division, what if after the first six or so games into the 2018/19 season they are doing badly and Norwich have started on a bad run also?

I think think Farkes head will roll fairly early into the season and if Rotherham do likewise Warne will also face the axe....If not we will try to poach him.
He still has Norwich ( Born in Norwich, Career started with Wroxham FC) ties and is well liked and respected.

We shall see.

If we start badly Farke may well be in trouble and a plan B should be in place although always difficult to find someone after a few weeks into the season.

It may well be the same old story of blundering on and taking no action until it is too late . That’s the record of our club (Worthington , Hughton ,Neil ) by which time Warne could be doing well elsewhere

I just want Farke to do well but he has got many things wrong and appears to not learn anything from his errors.

I hope he can do well too and really hope we start strong and show this league we are a force. Ii don't want to see the same slow, boring build up to nothing.

I think if we are struggling and no improvement Webber will be taking action.

Agree .... all I ask for is us to do well. I hope it’s Farke who achieves something , but if he is failing badly by Christmas (or maybe sooner) then I expect the Board to take action and not just sit on their hands as they have done every time in the past and do nothing

I like Paul Warne but I think he might end up like NA. A passion for the club but might end up going wrong.

You never know what Webber would do. He might go back for another German manager considering most of the club will be speaking the language.

I still think DF will do us well. Last season was never going to be a top 6 place. I'm not convinced this season will be but we should see us heading in the right direction. We can't judge after just a few games IMO, he will likely have a significantly different squad come to the first game to the last game of last season. It's still lots of change. What he will have this time round is experience first hand of the league and what is required so I'd expect less of the poor decisions that happened last year.

What we need to remember is when has sacking a manager really helped us? We sacked Hughton and he bettered us. We sacked Neil and he bettered us. Other clubs benefit from us giving them our manager . This time round I want us to try something different and give them time. Farke should have at least 2 full seasons if not a third. It worked at Hudds and Fulham. I bet if we sack him he will go elsewhere and also better us !!!

We may have to be patient but there was no evidence at all that after 9 months he had got used to this league.
I cannot bear any more of the boring slow sideways football.
If that happens for another year I may have to give up ST for first
time in 50 years.

I understand that DG and is a fair point. I didn't see much evidence of Hopeless being any good either and hes kicked on since leaving us. Same with Neil we were going one way it appeared and he finished above us first season with a smaller club. Makes you wonder. As most of us are agreed on its the owners here that is the problem and why so many managers and players alike are crap with us but great everywhere else. But I think maybe it will be different this time with SW to make the footballing decisions. I do like him and think he speaks a lot of sense. Time will tell - we all just want whats best for this club

I really believe that the smifffs are in the background now and that SW is the main man. Realistically, we should not expect any worse than 7th but DF should be given the whole season and beyond if he does better.:party:

It goes without saying we all want him to do well for us, the same goes for whoever our manager is, but I also think that he should not be given any longer than the first 6 games to see if change has happened from last seasons dismal boring tippy tappy sideways football..it drove me nuts as I am sure it did to thousands of others, we have seen us sit back and wait for change to happen and always it does.....but too late!!
We gotta mean business next season and go for it, we could get stuck in this league otherwise for the forseeable future.

I have always said we should give DF until Christmas , but I am beginning to agree with FFL here . After 6 or so games we should have clear eveidence of a good attacking side that is going somewhere . I would now go for 10 games only and if things have not improved then I would want to see Farke gone

good to have a plan B. Let's just hope the Smiffs don't have another relative they can give the job too.
How about this for a shout - Åge Fridtjof Hareide currently at the world cup with his national team. Only manager to win Danish, Swedish and Norweign league. Plus former City player circa 1982-84 ! Anyone remember him? Touch before my time.

His 32 years in management win ratio is overall 48% with 10 different teams including Norway & Denmark....In 113 years and a total of 49 managers only 3 NCFC managers have a better win ratio and only by a small margin, the latest being Paul Lambert (Alan Irvine also but only managed for 10 games) Daniel Farke is at present 34%

I will be very pleased if we are 7th or higher given the players we have sold during the last 15 months with limited funds being available for replacements.

I'd agree , we've sold our best players and replaced on the cheap due to finances (although I'm pleased with who we've brought in so far) - so yes, I can't see how it's realistic to finish top 6 however it is what we aim for. When did we ever do well when expected anyway? From my time of supporting the club our best seasons have been with what appeared as a very average squad.