Next Manager/Head Coach Discussion | Page 75 | Vital Football

Next Manager/Head Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If amongst the names that are floating around (Kenny, Bradley etc) there was an out of work, 45 year old manager, who had a National League promotion, a League 2 promotion, a League 2 playoff appearance on his CV, as well as managing at Championship level, but who’s name wasn’t Cowley, would we be interested as fans and a board at appointing them?

Bar the age, doesn't Steve Evans have that stuff -just saying it might not be that simple...

- NL promotions with Boston and Crawley
- L2 promotion with Rotherham
- League One Playoff win
-
Managed Leeds and Rotherham in the Champ...

Looks like huge movement on Des Buckingham as he has drifted from 2nd/3rd favourite for the Oxford job to 25/1.

If people aren't keen on someone who has managed in Ireland not sure how they will feel about India!

Buckingham has a very interesting CV though and the managers involved with the Man City group tend to be quite good (see Ange Postecoglou...)

Bar the age, doesn't Steve Evans have that stuff -just saying it might not be that simple...

- NL promotions with Boston and Crawley
- L2 promotion with Rotherham
- League One Playoff win
-
Managed Leeds and Rotherham in the Champ...

I wasn’t suggesting a leaning either way, I was simply trying to remove the emotion attached to the Cowley name.

Last edited:
He went to favourite and the betting got suspended
So either some people heard about it and lumped on, or a couple of people just lumped on which would be enough to crash these markets which don't have much money in them?

Kennedy went to 1/5 last time and then it got suspended!

He looks like a very good option, if this is the new Head Coach then the board have done very well to get him out of the City Group where he would have potentially had a job in some capacity for as long as he wanted.

If we have prized him away it certainly shows the boards ambition and also his ambition to try something new and away from City.

After reading up on him i certainly hope he is on his way but better not get to excited just in case it isnt.

He looks like a very good option, if this is the new Head Coach then the board have done very well to get him out of the City Group where he would have potentially had a job in some capacity for as long as he wanted.

If we have prized him away it certainly shows the boards ambition and also his ambition to try something new and away from City.

After reading up on him i certainly hope he is on his way but better not get to excited just in case it isnt.

I think you could move out of the city group and they'd still have an eye on you (they allegedly endorsed Ange to Celtic). If he continues to do really well it wouldn't be a shock if he was in the frame for the big job.

He does tick a lot of boxes I think, but having been a coach at Oxford/youth player and that job being open and them sitting second, when I first mentioned it not really sure I thought that would be a legitimate option! Very intriguing.

Maybe the board heard fans wanted a former teacher who's a young manager and speaks very well...

Next LincolnCity manager no loger appears on BetVictor.
If Shaw is in charge of Lincoln for ten games or more, it is considered a permanent position in terms of betting and paid out to that effect. Could be that they are no longer taking bets because they believe he will be in charge for ten games?

Next LincolnCity manager no loger appears on BetVictor.
If Shaw is in charge of Lincoln for ten games or more, it is considered a permanent position in terms of betting and paid out to that effect. Could be that they are no longer taking bets because they believe he will be in charge for ten games?

I guess the sudden movement on Buckingham seems more likely to be the reason?

Lets be honest, we haven’t got a clue who the next manager/coach will be. So many people pulling names out of a hat and/or jumping on the "if it's on the internet it must be true" bandwagon.

Personally I wouldn't be in the least but surprised if it's a name we haven't even been linked with. In these days of rapid communication, gossip and rumor i'm amazed at how the people in charge can keep it all under the radar.

I trust these people with my football club and pledge 100% of my support to whoever gets the job.

Liam S getting a million hipster football fan points with this appointment if it happens. He’ll be buying a Season Ticket at Clapton FC next.

Status
Not open for further replies.