Newcastle. | Vital Football

Newcastle.

Old Red Fart

Vital Champions League
I can only presume that we've written this game off in the absence of a game thread. And I'm inclined to agree. We shouldn't really be in the hunt and I wonder whether MW might use this game to try a few different moves.

Even so if anyone is that way inclined I'd love to see how the match goes.

:35:

GCSE results day today, so i'm slow.

Not much to say really.i've always quite liked Newcastle, 1974 being well before my time.

But I thought they were an appalling bunch last year. The way they bitched and whined just because they lost a game of football in a 46 game season, and the way they moaned to the FA over two perfectly legitimate red cards- and won- was disgusting. Really lost respect for them, especially when they made the away game into a grudge match despite us not being remotely at the races.

Well worth us going for this one. Benitez has much bigger worries and there is not a good feeling about the place.

I would be very tempted to leave Ben Osborn in Nottingham though

We should not be writing off any game ORF as fans and players

We should want to win

We have to install a winning mentality and as far as I can see the manger wants this too

If we lose but give everything then the fans will be happy and it will trickle down to players

Every game is a must win game

Probably be our reserves vs theirs personally I'd want to win though as a good mentality is what we're building, you keep building that by winning.

I fancy us.... get a nice early goal and get the home fans moaning(as they do), I think 4-5 changes thou ....Both teams to score and Forest to win.....10-1 :69:

Thanks lads. I haven't written the game off either, in fact I've never written any game off. Just like life in general.

Can't remember a season quite like this, talk about living in hope!

I'd like us to get through and possibly by doing so on penalties after extra time. A 3rd round home draw would be great and the more games we play the less we train and also keep the squad sharp and hungry. Playing games of competitive football is far better than training. Having said all that we'll probably get hammered now!!

Sidney Vicious - 23/8/2017 14:23

I'd like us to get through and possibly by doing so on penalties after extra time. A 3rd round home draw would be great and the more games we play the less we train and also keep the squad sharp and hungry. Playing games of competitive football is far better than training. Having said all that we'll probably get hammered now!!

This + 1

Does Warburton go for some consistency and leave the team alone or does he make changes, so as to rest some ready for saturday. I think everyone agrees Saturday is the bigger game. However, Forest does have Ward, Cash Cohen and Vaughan missing plus Bridcutt cup tied. Add that Vellios, Lam, Edser, Henderson and Ahmedhodzovic all played last night in U23's, can't see a lot of options in midfield.

From MW press conf yesterday it sounds like Cummings and Walker will get some game time and I would imagine Lichaj. Does Fox and Hobbs need game time? Is Hobbs in shop window. Leeds have a couple of nippy strikers rather than straight replacement for Woods so should we keep Mancienne back for Sat?

Fancy Evtimov, Fox, Mills, Hobbs, Lichaj, Osborn, Bouch, Cummings, Clough Caryol and Murphy. But who knows, haven't been right so far.

Polly 433 - 23/8/2017 14:57

Does Warburton go for some consistency and leave the team alone or does he make changes, so as to rest some ready for saturday. I think everyone agrees Saturday is the bigger game. However, Forest does have Ward, Cash Cohen and Vaughan missing plus Bridcutt cup tied. Add that Vellios, Lam, Edser, Henderson and Ahmedhodzovic all played last night in U23's, can't see a lot of options in midfield.

From MW press conf yesterday it sounds like Cummings and Walker will get some game time and I would imagine Lichaj. Does Fox and Hobbs need game time? Is Hobbs in shop window. Leeds have a couple of nippy strikers rather than straight replacement for Woods so should we keep Mancienne back for Sat?

Fancy Evtimov, Fox, Mills, Hobbs, Lichaj, Osborn, Bouch, Cummings, Clough Caryol and Murphy. But who knows, haven't been right so far.

Manc was on bench at weekend, so replace Mills with Manc & that's your back 4.

I did see that Vellios played for U23's last night - he was woeful against Shrewsbury so wonder if he's now very much out of favour?

With Vaughan, Cohen, Cash injured & Bridcutt cup tied - only really leaves Clough, BenO & Bouch as central midfielders.... Carayol left & Brereton right - Cummings up front?

Or will Ben Brereton will start up top & Cummings on right?

Sneaky return for Jamie Ward ..... MW gives very little away & he has been out for almost 4 weeks?

Bench - Smith, Walker, McKay, Darikwa, Murphy (I think he'll be on bench), Dowell - & then 1 from Mills, Worrall or Traore.

Pope John XXIII - 23/8/2017 14:01

Not much to say really.i've always quite liked Newcastle, 1974 being well before my time.

But I thought they were an appalling bunch last year. The way they bitched and whined just because they lost a game of football in a 46 game season, and the way they moaned to the FA over two perfectly legitimate red cards- and won- was disgusting. Really lost respect for them, especially when they made the away game into a grudge match despite us not being remotely at the races.

Well worth us going for this one. Benitez has much bigger worries and there is not a good feeling about the place.

I thought GCSE results day was tomorrow?

Our Kids Dad - 23/8/2017 15:31

For students and teachers it's tomorrow. School management get them today

Polly 433 - 23/8/2017 14:57

PS - I see Lica didn't feature for u23's - so, wonder if we've finally shipped him out (although, I know we can only play 3 seniors).

Pope John XXIII - 23/8/2017 15:34

Good - thought my lad had got wrong day!

Our Kids Dad - 23/8/2017 15:38

Pope John XXIII - 23/8/2017 15:34

Good - thought my lad had got wrong day!

Good luck to you both- hope he gets what he wants

hope we lose this with a reserve team put out. no point progressing in this cup. Focus on the league and have a bit of fun with full strength FA cup team in January

Mark W