Newcastle v Brighton | Vital Football

Newcastle v Brighton

I 4hought today was a gritty and dogged performance. We were under the cosh for large swaves of the game. The new central defensive partnership again played well and were equal to most things Brighton threw at them. Nobody was outstanding, several played very well and some a tadge below their recent individual displays . Collectively solid, and previously mentioned a very welcome 3 points.

As much as Brighton had 60 odd percent possession, they didn't do owt with it. Their goal aside, Dubravka didn't really have many shots to face although I think his commanding of the box is poor.

Not wanting to pick on the lad and maybe today he doesn't deserve any flak but I just get the impression that he will be replaced next season

He made a cracking save first half. We were really hanging on at times. Their press showed up Shelvey's weaknesses. That Guimares dribble in our half had me doing my nut. All wins are vital but with four away games between now and the first week of April today seemed even more so.

Their fans, "you sold your soul, you sold your soul, you sold your soul.......🤣 get over it, you sound like Mackems.

As much as Brighton had 60 odd percent possession, they didn't do owt with it. Their goal aside, Dubravka didn't really have many shots to face although I think his commanding of the box is poor.

Not wanting to pick on the lad and maybe today he doesn't deserve any flak but I just get the impression that he will be replaced next season

I thought he should have got there first for their goal - at the very least he shouldn't have allowed Dunk a free header

He also should have done better for the one he spilled around the post, gifting them another corner

I thought he should have got there first for their goal - at the very least he shouldn't have allowed Dunk a free header

He also should have done better for the one he spilled around the post, gifting them another corner

Wood was supposed to be marking him but looked more like he was in awe of the run and header and wishes he could do it himself

Thought Fraser was brilliant yesterday again. Been our best player in this run of results deserves player of the month.

Wood was supposed to be marking him but looked more like he was in awe of the run and header and wishes he could do it himself

Theres always a defender supposed to be marking them - that doesn't stop the keeper from intervening

Any appreciation for Wood turning defence into attack with an excellent through ball to Murphy to set up the first goal - fantastic wasn't it?

Last edited: