Newcastle Utd v Wolverhampton Wanderers | Page 3 | Vital Football

Newcastle Utd v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Burn was good today but I thought he struggled with neto second half. Shout out to Jacob Murphy who I thought was brilliant today.

Good win, but still not fluid as before. Silly give away by KT.
I always criticize Murphy, but he did really well. Better than ASM. What has happened to him? Even the commentator came to the conclusion that he was injured. But clearly, none of the coaching staff agreed.
But good to win again.
Regarding Pope and that penalty shout? I think it was a penalty, but good to get the rub once and a while.
Have a pleasant Sunday evening everyone. I'm off to work, or at least prepare for it.
He slipped over man, just bad luck that

I expect tomorrows newspapers to give the opposite reaction to the 'penalty' that the ref didn't give and the fact that we are back in the mix.

ASM has some nice touches as always but the lad can't run. He is in a different gear to the rest of the forward line. I thought Murphy had a good game. Willock too. Isak was outstanding at times. Its had to criticise Bruno but he somehow doesn't quite look the player he did before his suspension. I wonder if he is carrying a knock? Anyway great 3 points EIEIEIO and all that.

Happy with the 3 points two good finishes and we managed to hold on. As for Pope his touch is not good. I didn’t think it was a pen it was coming together in my opinion.

Jamie plastic Scouser redknapp livid his beloved Liverpool might not get CL football. He's really going for it with popes challenge. I wonder was he as critical in our first match against the Scousers when we were robbed

Absolutely. Always does this as well. That is what keeps him from being England's no 1 keeper. Don't back pass to him. His first touch is terrible
My issue is he takes a touch across the box. It's obvious the player is closing in he sees him. I know he's right footed but ffs if you're taking a touch take it away from goal and there's never a chance even if you slip up.

My issue is he takes a touch across the box. It's obvious the player is closing in he sees him. I know he's right footed but ffs if you're taking a touch take it away from goal and there's never a chance even if you slip up.

Agreed. But he panics quickly as well and then it seems he just loses sight of the ball as well and concentrate on the player. Good stopper, don't get me wrong. But it's the silly things he does at times.

Saint maximin was our worst player today. Hundreds of stepovers and zero output. Lost the ball a few times and gave wolves chance to break away. Nothing I'd love more for him to click in this team but I think he's too selfish. It's obvious he doesn't have a final ball I just wish he'd play to his strengths.

Agreed. But he panics quickly as well and then it seems he just loses sight of the ball as well and concentrate on the player. Good stopper, don't get me wrong. But it's the silly things he does at times.
He was always quite calm until that moment of madness a few weeks ago. Now I think he's too afraid of making a mistake and the nerves are setting in. That one today wouldn't have helped either but he got off the hook

Saint maximin was our worst player today. Hundreds of stepovers and zero output. Lost the ball a few times and gave wolves chance to break away. Nothing I'd love more for him to click in this team but I think he's too selfish. It's obvious he doesn't have a final ball I just wish he'd play to his strengths.

And his ball distribution is appalling. Can't pass. What has happened to this once unstoppable player?

Nah seem to recall him doing this sort of thing a few times before. His expression was priceless (since we got away with it).

Thought we should have had a penalty but luckily it didn't cost us and on balance decisions seemed to even out.

Result worth the stress. Just hope it is a big confidence boost as there was a lot which could have been much better.

A win is a win difficult game at Forest on Friday not many teams have won there. That will be another tight game I think.

Massive mention to Murphy today. He’s an awful player but had a great game. He balanced the side out no end. He was unlucky to be shifted out elsewhere for the always awful Almiron, whose blushes will be spared because of a good finish. Other than the finish, he was the same as he was for the past 4 years. Shit.

Pope - get rid of the ball with your left if needs be.
Burn - I’m a better a left back. Great heart though
Botman - cool as ice. Typical Dutch fucker who will excel in years to come.
Bruno - Sloppy and head has been turned by the adoration
St Max - Everything Isak got was from his through balls or creativity
Isak - needs St Max but played superbly.
Wilson - Would love to see him without Almiron again.

I thought the Wolves equaliser came as a result of that medical emergency in the crowd that seemed to distract us and the fans more than them.

I also feel that confidence has been off and we've been overplaying rather than shooting earlier. There were moments of this again today where we could have got another 3 or 4 on a lucky day and it wouldn't have overawed us.

Overall another day where we haven't played badly and have created plenty. If our confidence has gone up and we just increase the intensity and pass that little bit quicker then we have a massive say in the run in and have top 4 in our hands.

Home games to come against Man Utd, Spurs and Arsenal are going to be massive.

Massive mention to Murphy today. He’s an awful player but had a great game. He balanced the side out no end. He was unlucky to be shifted out elsewhere for the always awful Almiron, whose blushes will be spared because of a good finish. Other than the finish, he was the same as he was for the past 4 years. Shit.

Pope - get rid of the ball with your left if needs be.
Burn - I’m a better a left back. Great heart though
Botman - cool as ice. Typical Dutch fucker who will excel in years to come.
Bruno - Sloppy and head has been turned by the adoration
St Max - Everything Isak got was from his through balls or creativity
Isak - needs St Max but played superbly.
Wilson - Would love to see him without Almiron again.

You seem more compelled to post utter horseshit by the week

Almiron came on and scored the winner and then set up Botman for an absolute sitter and its more important for you to have another utterly pointless dig at him than it is to praise him - do you understand what these two statements mean:- scored the winner and top scorer - Read them slowly so it sinks in.

Your match summary reads like this...

Murphy's shit but had a good game.

Almiron came on and should be embarrassed by his performance but his good finish saved him from this embarrassment (whatever the fuck you mean by that) (even though his good finish as you call it was actually a huge deflection but no one but you will give 2 shits about that).

Burn is one of the worst left backs in the country because you are better than him.

Botman is cool as ice (even though he missed an absolute sitter gifted to him by excellent link up play between Bruno and Almiron.)

The aforementioned Bruno being sloppy and has had his head turned apparently

St Max had an absolutely brilliant game and supplied Isak with his only chances (weirdly ignoring his goal came from an excellent Trippier free kick)

Isak needs St Max (even though he doesn't)

Wilson would be better without Almiron (probably the reverse is true)

Each week I try to stop you embarrassing yourself any further but its like you just can't help yourself 😂

You need to chill Mr McCreary, it's just an opinion but isn't too far wrong I'd say. There's no player playing amazing, even when winning games earlier in season. We'll do well to finish top 8.