Newcastle Utd v Bournemouth | Vital Football

Newcastle Utd v Bournemouth

Gordon is fuckin rubbish today get him off. Squandered at least 5 good opportunities

Almiron longstaff burn. Too many passengers and Gordon is having a stinker. All pace no final ball no finish. Has their keeper made a save? Murphy not good enough either

2-2 full time. Not good enough. Leaking too many soft goals. Could have been another 4-4 or even 5-5. We're not giving ourselves the best chance of winning by shipping so many goals. Front line toothless Gordon should have scored at least 3 but looked like he wouldn't score if he played all night. Decent penalty though. I thought dubravka was brilliant bar the slip which was just bad luck.

More of the same turgid shite. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting something to change. In which case Eddie is clearly insane with BDB. A whole team of upgrades desperately needed and dare I say Howe must be rapidly using up the baked goodwill he has.

Newcastle have conceded 20 goals in their last seven league games. That run has included games against Forest (twice), Luton and Bournemouth.

Arsenal a write off?

When asked at the pre match press conference about strikers Howe said the problem is what do you do with a 3rd striker. Could not believe my ears.
What you do is have a decent alternative on the bench.
To my mind he relies too much on his favourites and is not ruthless enough.
Mr Nice Guy wont win anything.
I think he is a decent Manager as far as it goes but is not the man to take us to the heights unfortunately

5 out of a possible 24 points from Bournemouth, Forest, Luton and Everton this season. Yes injuries have played a part in that but also piss poor in game management/substitutions and a midfield that's slower than the Ark Royal turning.

Reactions: Rza
Jesus. What do people want here? The 13 years of Ashley shows what we could have had going.

In an ideal world, we have the money to go out and replace all the injured but the rules that are made up as we go along, stop this sort of thing, so we have to deal with what hand we are dealt, the same as the other non top 6 clubs.

In a similar ideal world, we would have all of our injured or suspended players available, which would then show that we have a full squad anyway and couldn't have bought even if we wanted and that's before you factor in FFP.

Again, as it is, Bournemouth, like Luton in the previous home game, played well and arguably deserved a point and from that you accept and move on.

Repeatedly and sounding like a broken record in an ideal world, Howe will know his best side on paper and will know that the future wont contain Dan Burn at left back but I reckon it'll be next season before we see that shift because Burn has other qualities that are needed whilst we are stretched.

I wonder how we would be faring if we had Nick Pope, Matt Targett, Sandro Tonali, Joelinton, Joe Willock, Elliot Anderson, Callum Wilson and Alexander Isak available? I know for certain there would be none of this short-sightedness of what players we have.

Last edited:
You keep quoting Ashley, we have moved on from there so its a farcical comparison. We all know what he did not do.
The point is we do not have all those players available and its not down to bad luck, its down to overplaying players, not rotating when you could and questionable medical team, physio sacked.
Howe knew at te start of the season that one of our main strikers was injury prone and the other similar but to a lesser extent.
If you think he is the man to take us to the top, I think you are mistaken

Excuses excuses excuses. All I hear is excuses. Eddie proving again yesterday how naive and stubborn he is. I think he's alright for the transition period we are in now but definitely not an elite manager and won't ever be one unless he suddenly develops an open mind overnight. Some of the stuff he has said lately in the media is bizarre. I don't want him out I think he deserves next season at the very least but half of social media are calling for his head and to be honest its hard to be sympathetic when not addressing the blatantly obvious. His treatment of Hall has been absolutely shocking as well. Inexcusable

I wonder how we would be faring if we had Nick Pope, Matt Targett, Sandro Tonali, Joelinton, Joe Willock, Elliot Anderson, Callum Wilson and Alexander Isak available? I know for certain there would be none of this short-sightedness of what players we have.
For starters callum Wilson plays 15 games a season TOPS. Everyone including the board knew this before the season started and they also had the January window to rectify this and didnt despite all the injuries. Looks like willock is injury prone as well although I hope not. Targett wasn't picked even when he was fit. Anderson is a fringe player who, if he doesn't start improving soon, will also be deemed not good enough. Majority of the injuries are victims of the lack of rotation. All teams get injuries - the reason we have more is because the manager hasn't changed the starting 11 in 2 years. Only enforced changes happen and I said before if it wasn't for the injuries in midfield and suspension to Tonali we wouldn't have seen Miley because no way Howe would have the balls to drop someone else and let him play. Not to mention the 50 odd million worth of full backs sitting on the bench who he refuses to play.