Newcastle United v Nottingham Forest | Page 3 | Vital Football

Newcastle United v Nottingham Forest

Wilson did not do a thing and is made of paper.
Good battling if not convincing win , good job Bruno is there because we would be struggling without him..
Commentators were rubbish, like the sound of their own voices too much.
Prattled on about a penalty that never was .

Seems Bruno still can score. Before most went next to the goal. Hope this will place him more on the score sheet.
He was playing further forward in his best position. He's been asked to play deep lately to let longstaff get forward for some reason.

I would have sold Wilson in January. I'm a big fan of him but the negatives outweigh the positives now. He knows where the net is but clearly doesn't suit our style of play as he's like a headless chicken at times. Thought he got bullied yesterday and seems to have no pace at all any more. On the few occasions he gets a through ball now (not just yesterday) you just know he's going to lose it. Not to mention his injury record is embarrassing

I would have sold Wilson in January. I'm a big fan of him but the negatives outweigh the positives now. He knows where the net is but clearly doesn't suit our style of play as he's like a headless chicken at times. Thought he got bullied yesterday and seems to have no pace at all any more. On the few occasions he gets a through ball now (not just yesterday) you just know he's going to lose it. Not to mention his injury record is embarrassing
Yep I agree his time at the toon is done. We need several other upgrades across the team as well

How much do you think the club would have to pay another club to take him?

Was a frustrating game to watch with Forest's pace but worth enduring it for three valuable points.

Not sure if European place is achievable but quite pleased how we are doing overall at the moment.

midfield is weak defensively.
Almiron went missing yesterday, he should go along with Wilson
You cannot hope for domestic or European success with two injury prone strijkers who miss lots of games

We are desperate for someone to play the defensive midfield role. Incredible how many times opposing players are just allowed to run 40 yards straight through our midfield.
We are missing joelinton big time. We also have Tonali next season. If we are going to invest I think it needs to be a creative midfielder.

He was playing further forward in his best position. He's been asked to play deep lately to let longstaff get forward for some reason.
But still in that deeper position he had frequently shots at the box...which mostly went just wide . Does it make it easier for him because he has to move less towards goal, so he can be earlier in a better position?

With FFP controlling everything we do, we would always miss a midfield containing 3 of our best players. Tonali and Willock for about 90% of it and Joelinton for half a season minimum.

As it is, I think we need a top defensive midfielder more than any other position, a striker and an upcoming centre back. Get these and I upgrade my top 4 prediction for next season to top 3.

With FFP controlling everything we do, we would always miss a midfield containing 3 of our best players. Tonali and Willock for about 90% of it and Joelinton for half a season minimum.

As it is, I think we need a top defensive midfielder more than any other position, a striker and an upcoming centre back. Get these and I upgrade my top 4 prediction for next season to top 3.
I think the midfield will be ok when we get Tonali and Willock back. In my view we need to "go all in" on a top number 9 to improve markedly.

Did anyone think he did it on purpose?
From one angle I saw hè went for the ball and it looked like he did a 2nd attempt where he touched the opponent, but his face was not towards the player to see what he did.
In replay it looked more than it was imho. Too soft to give anything for it.