Newcastle Fan Comments | Vital Football

Newcastle Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
I worked in Nottingham for about 4 years and always made the effort to mention Notts Forest and Nottingham County to piss my colleagues off.

If only there was a way we could play against Championship teams all season.

Hmm. That's the Notts Forest model...

Give it 12 months and your wish may be granted!

1-2 now. I thought our team was mid table Championship level, it's far worse.

For a few minutes I thought it was the end of days, what with the second Cummings and all.

So we're a defensive team that can't defend...

Can't even beat a Mickey Mouse team in a Mickey Mouse cup!

So yea, cant beat a mid table championship side. were going down...

Oh dear. Losing to Forest reserves at home doesn't bode well.

Rafa's inability to change tactics or try something different is frustrating, we don't have the players to play like he wants us to, but he tries to do it continuously anyway.

Pardew's inability to change tactics or try something different is frustrating, we don't have the players to play like he wants us to, but he tries to do it continuously anyway.

Sound familiar?

Mike Ashley @MoneyMikeAshley

Tough to compete with the likes of Nottingham Forest. I can't, and I won't.#nufc

We are seriously, absolute gash. Sure we've made 10 changes, they've made 6 though. Same pathetic laboured counter attack style. Yawn ourselves to defeat.

You make it sound as if this is ****ter than our usual team!

This is surreal. Utterly surreal.

Sadly it is just utterly real (and familiar)

TBF They have played well.

Oh well, Forest got Chelsea away in the next round so they're out anyway! We saved ourselves having to play a game that we'd definitely lose a anyway.

He's brought in 16 players since last summer for £90mish, most of them 'squad fillers' as opposed to superstars, why aren't the squad players good enough to beat a low-spending Championship side? Because half of them are absolutely shite. That's not Ashley's fault.

Darlow looked terrible.

No excuse for picking that rotten XI tbf.

That rotten XI probably could buy five teams made up of Forest players.

Really awful that.  So many poor displays, Forest passed the ball so easily around us.  They looked knackered in the 2nd half but we didn't make it count but then they found something extra again.

Hanley was absolutely appalling. Forest's game plan first half was to play it down the side of him because they know he can't run.

That first goal by them! Talk about standing off them and letting them waltz in, nuts man. Surprised the guy who put the cross in didn't go into semi shock from being left that alone by a premier league side in their own area.

We deserved to win in 90 minutes but there's just no cutting edge in this squad, and that's always going to be a problem.

My God we did not deserve to win that game at all like. Not in any time.

S*** first half , alreet second.  Got beat off an absolute pile of w*** so what does that make us?

Rafa himself "“Everybody was expecting that we have to beat Nottingham Forest, but at the same time they’re doing well in the league and they have confidence – the game though was more or less as we were expecting.

“They could pass the ball, they could move the ball, but we had the chances.

“I don’t remember too many saves from Darlow and I remember a lot of chances that we didn’t take.

“Because you play two days ago and you have to play two days after, at this stage of the season, the players have to be ready for playing in the cup against a Championship team."

loving the the mid table compliment- no longer relegation fodder! 1 or 2 realise how shite they really are.right now.

6 out 10 mainly for the second Cummings quip

Cheers CP -

I'm happy that we keep on being labelled as poor by the opposition - but we are scoring goals - delighted for Cummings & Tyler.

Unfortunately, we are still conceding 2 though, but as MW pointed out - we technically had no CM 2nd half, with Bouch withdrawn for that game.

Bridcutt pretty much guaranteed a start on this basis - but yet again, hampered by injuries.

Funny - Geordies berating the selection, that had Aarons, Mitrovic, Murphy, Ritchie, Diame etc.

Hanley is almost definitely on his way out, probably with Darlow not that far behind.

They looked like a side that hasn't played together at all in the first half but got it going to some degree in the second. Don't agree they deserved to win it though- we gifted them goals with mistakes (which they punished us well for in fairness) and dominated first half once we got a grip of the game- could have gone in with 3 or 4 which would have been game over.

My first trip to St James' last night and have to say I was hugely impressed - great set up and a huge club. I hope they stay up, though on last night's evidence they've no chance.

Brettwilliamslipcap - 24/8/2017 11:20

They looked like a side that hasn't played together at all in the first half but got it going to some degree in the second. Don't agree they deserved to win it though- we gifted them goals with mistakes (which they punished us well for in fairness) and dominated first half once we got a grip of the game- could have gone in with 3 or 4 which would have been game over.

My first trip to St James' last night and have to say I was hugely impressed - great set up and a huge club. I hope they stay up, though on last night's evidence they've no chance.

Their second didn't appear to be a mistake, gun run & strike - I thought it was very well taken.

Didn't go last night, went last season & pretty much needed binoculars to see the game, as we were literally at top of stand.

Too good for Championship & but not good enough for Prem.

We gave them the ball again for their second and then lost two players as they over committed -there was a lot of work to do and it was a great strike but we played them into it.

Our Kids Dad - 24/8/2017 11:14

Cheers CP -

I'm happy that we keep on being labelled as poor by the opposition - but we are scoring goals - delighted for Cummings & Tyler.

Unfortunately, we are still conceding 2 though, but as MW pointed out - we technically had no CM 2nd half, with Bouch withdrawn for that game.

Bridcutt pretty much guaranteed a start on this basis - but yet again, hampered by injuries.

tbh even that is a sign of progress- merely hampered by injury as opposed to out normal decimated, destroyed the team by injury!

agree about the goals tho but, unlike montanier MW has ideas and actions that I think will see us ship less goals overall this season

Our Kids Dad - 24/8/2017 12:08

Brettwilliamslipcap - 24/8/2017 11:20

Their second didn't appear to be a mistake, gun run & strike - I thought it was very well taken.

Didn't go last night, went last season & pretty much needed binoculars to see the game, as we were literally at top of stand.

Too good for Championship & but not good enough for Prem.
Ah come on, that flick-on by the ref was sublime.

Great stadium to be honest, right near their famed nightlife too.

Seen England at St James' each time they've played there, but last time with Forest was the last time we won before last night...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi-8ip48qAY

Away fans will be moved, apparently it's a premier league stipulation that they're pitch side?

They've applied for a year grace in order to make the changes needed for segregation and all that.

But yeah, it's my first time watching proper football there but I've been for the Rugby World Cup and stuff and it's a decent set up. You can actually spend money in the ground on beer and food without too much hassle, unlike at our ground.

That rotten XI probably could buy five teams made up of Forest players.

----------------

Very telling comment. I know they criticise Ashley for lack of investment but they have spent millions & millions to achieve relegation & then promotion a couple of times but not a lot more.

Newcastle need to collectively figure out what they want as they aren't going to be top four no matter how many shirts, tickets & pies they sell. League Cup is their only realistic chance of silverware & they constantly drone on about how massive they are but it's appropriate they play in black & white as that's what the TV was like when they won anything.

wesimmo - 24/8/2017 17:15

Away fans will be moved, apparently it's a premier league stipulation that they're pitch side?

They've applied for a year grace in order to make the changes needed for segregation and all that.

But yeah, it's my first time watching proper football there but I've been for the Rugby World Cup and stuff and it's a decent set up. You can actually spend money in the ground on beer and food without too much hassle, unlike at our ground.

Best stadium I've been to in England. Better than Old Trafford IMO.

Not been to new Man City or Arsenal stadiums so don't know if they compete.

Defo better than Old Trafford.

Their claim to fame must be having had a decent player called Malcolm.
I can't think of many other decent Malcolms.
A true achievement.