New York stadium or Keepmoat stadium | Page 2 | Vital Football

New York stadium or Keepmoat stadium

I quite liked the fully enclosed arena yesterday, preferred that to Chesterfield's for instance. Didnt seem to help generate much atmosphere though. Didn't go to Rotherham but consensus seems to be its configuration made a 12k capacity sound like 20k. Rake of stands, roof configuration, get those right with a wrap around design and good external environment close to the city centre. The new site has potential in that respect.

Went to the game with a Donny supporting mate and he says most Donny fans would love to be back at belle vue , parked up near the old ground and walked around the lake to the ground ,nice pub on the way , on reflection on the ground ,New York better probably because they've tried to make it different from the normal bowl like stadiums , think for Donny it's about the right size ,like any other club the empty seats are more obvious than terracing was bitd , overall for us ,enjoyed the day ,after the game walked back to car something to eat whilst traffic dispersed and short drive home , locals were sound chatting back to car b4 and after the game

Not been to Keepmoat but have been around the outside when at the retail park. Rotherham wins hands down for me. Has a great presence on approach, has much more character with the differing roof lines. Seating rake appears steeper giving better viewing lines and has less of a bowl feel to it. Also having a smaller capacity (12,000?) meant that the 10,000 crowd looked less lost. Looking at Donny on the TV it still seemed very empty. Something we need to be careful of for the future.

Don't like Donnys, havnt been in person to Rotherham but 12000 isn't big enough for the championship given the size of away followings we could attract. We would be back to the same supply and demand issues we have now. I get the not going too big argument but alot of championship clubs could bring 3000 so we should be looking at a capacity of 14000 to 15000 at least. If its done in the right way, and the stands are enclosed and close to the pitch then it doesn't lose its atmosphere when half full. Lofus Rd is showing its age and has pillars but your so close the action there, if you could lose the pillars it would be great. Personally much rather expand the Bank, I'm not convinced by the off field revenue argument, it could go badly wrong if it doesn't work, look at MK, losing a fortune every week.

Don't like Donnys, havnt been in person to Rotherham but 12000 isn't big enough for the championship given the size of away followings we could attract. We would be back to the same supply and demand issues we have now. I get the not going too big argument but alot of championship clubs could bring 3000 so we should be looking at a capacity of 14000 to 15000 at least. If its done in the right way, and the stands are enclosed and close to the pitch then it doesn't lose its atmosphere when half full. Lofus Rd is showing its age and has pillars but your so close the action there, if you could lose the pillars it would be great. Personally much rather expand the Bank, I'm not convinced by the off field revenue argument, it could go badly wrong if it doesn't work, look at MK, losing a fortune every week.

Half the Championship would bring 3/4000 fans to us if given the opportunity.

If we managed to get there, could we sell 14000/15000 tickets for big games? I wouldn’t back against it.

The Championship would catapult us to another level and imagine if we actually started competing. If we built for 15/16000 and were chasing Championship play-offs, we would be kicking ourselves.

Given our potential catchment area and estimated population growth, anything less than 18000 is a waste of time. We’re going to be bigger than both Donny and Rotherham.

And chesterfield

Demolish the St. Andrews and build a 10k stand in its place job done

And chesterfield

Well in theory, a replica or thereabouts of the coop could be built on St Andrews side. Might want to include a row of boxes in the middle. But if finances and design and planning ever allow it, then plausible to end up with 6k on each side, 3k Stacey West end, 1k at South End left as it is. So 16k. But getting there is another matter altgother.
And would likely entail some nice big investor rolling into town.

And chesterfield

Well in theory, a replica or thereabouts of the coop could be built on St Andrews side. Might want to include a row of boxes in the middle. But if finances and design and planning ever allow it, then plausible to end up with 6k on each side, 3k Stacey West end, 1k at South End left as it is. So 16k. But getting there is another matter altgother.
And would likely entail some nice big investor rolling into town.

1920px-Oakwell_East_Stand.jpg

Barnsley's east stand holds 7500, plus club facilities and boxes. Would be a good fit to replace the St. Andrews if we wanted to increase capacity to 15k, bringing us to 15370 roughly. Of course, I have no idea about the financial feasibility of such a plan but I imagine it would be far cheaper than a new stadium.

1920px-Oakwell_East_Stand.jpg

Barnsley's east stand holds 7500, plus club facilities and boxes. Would be a good fit to replace the St. Andrews if we wanted to increase capacity to 15k, bringing us to 15370 roughly. Of course, I have no idea about the financial feasibility of such a plan but I imagine it would be far cheaper than a new stadium.

We should stick a third tier on top of that

Knock down the St. Andrews would only cost 1500 seats plus the bus shelter stand what ever it’s called today. Give away the South Park and it would leave nearly 8000 imps in the ground. Worth it for 12/18 months disruption

First choice for me is to stay at Sincil Bank with an expanded capacity to about 13-14,000.

However,as discussed many times here it may not be possible.

We've talked about this many many times. Always a good subject.
Personally, I would keep the co-op and Stacey west as they are. The SW can be the designated away section. 1900 odd seats.
Then build a Barnsley east type stand where the Senility Stand is- Approx 7,000 seater. with box's all along. Then put a cheap standing terrace behind the south park goal. 2-3000 standing. We'd have 15-17,000 capacity.

First choice for me is to stay at Sincil Bank with an expanded capacity to about 13-14,000.

However,as discussed many times here it may not be possible.
The overstretched bodges currently required to overcome the Victorian services, water in particular, operating whilst building and limited corporate opportunities are usually advanced as objections to expanding SB as well as financial reasons. Saw some Chesterfield fans returning from Stockport on the train yesterday. Wouldn't want to swop.

re: new grounds and atmosphere.
we have a ground with four open corners, one third of the selenity side is completely open, another third has a tiny bike shed stand. yet the atmosphere is pretty good?

maybe it is the fans that make the atmosphere. after being average at best for so long, all that enthusiasm, experiencing something new, seeing progression... optimism.

could the atmosphere be even better with more imps packed in there? i still think there is plenty of scope to increase our current capacity. i hope the creative 'doers' drive the project, rather than the 'consolidators'.

Perhaps, but I think the difference with SB compared to other, newer, more open stadiums is that you're closer to the pitch, probably steeper stands, and the Co-op Stand is, I'm guessing, bigger than the biggest stands in those types of new builds (Shrewsbury, Chestefield, Colchester etc)