New Trust Board | Vital Football

New Trust Board

lindumimp

Vital Football Hero
From the Lincolnshire Echo:

A new board for the Lincoln City Supporters Trust is formed.

There are nine places with Phillip Bird, Rob Bradley, Chris Elkington, Michael Foley, Jean Foster, Ian Hodgson, James Lammin, Stephen Tointon and John Wilson nominated.

John Wilson

Born in Lincoln and still lives locally.
Day job: Retired
Supportered the Imps since: 1956
Favourite moment: League Cup away at Derby County in 1967, a 1-1 draw.
Favourite player: Roger Holmes

Stephen Tointon

From Scothern
Day job: Chartered accountant
Supported the Imps since: 1968
Favourite moment: Our glorious attempt to reach the old Division Two in 1982
Favourite player: Glenn Cockerill

Phil Bird

Age 67
From Leasingham, now living in Bracebridge Heath
Day job: Retired but previously worked for Hodgson Elkington as office accounts manager for 10 years.
Supportered the Imps: Lifelong
Favourite moment: Beating Scunthorpe in play off semi-final and also going to the Millennium Stadium
Favourite player: Dave Smith and currently Matt Rhead

Jean Foster

From Horncastle
Day job: Retired but previously worked in a photographic laboratory in Horncastle, responsible for the accounts and administration.
Supported the Imps since: I took our three sons to their first game towards the end of season 87/88 and we have had season tickets since then.
Favourite moment: The excitement and hope before the first game at Cardiff
Favourite player: Gareth Ainsworth

Ian Hodgson

From Guisborough, North Yorkshire
Day job: Research scientist
Supported the Imps since: 1975
Favourite moment: Simon Yeo's last goal in the 5-3 play-off semi-final against Scunthorpe
Favourite player: Bobby Cumming

Chris Elkington

From Sturton by Stow
Day job: Retired, formerly Chief Executive of Witham Drainage Board
Supported the Imps since: 1964
Favourite moment: Beating Derby County in the League Cup, playing Tottenham and winning 2-1, beating Manchester City 4-1 - it is difficult to choose one from over 50 years.
Favourite players: John Kennedy, Phil Hubbard, Percy Freeman, Gareth Ainsworth, Gareth McCauly

Rob Bradley

From Lincolnshire and a proud Yellowbelly
Day job: Architect
Supported the Imps since: 1955
Favourite moment: Watching them walk out at the Millennium Stadium, it was a tears-in-the-eyes moment.
Favourite player: Mick Harford

All prospective board members were asked to supply details. Michael Foley and James Lammin were unable to answer the Echo's request.

lindumimp - 13/11/2015 11:11

All prospective board members were asked to supply details. Michael Foley and James Lammin were unable to answer the Echo's request.

That is untrue and incorrect. I, for one, supplied the information to John Pakey at the Echo ahead of his requested deadline. You'll have to ask the Echo why they did not use it.

SkellyIsWatching - 13/11/2015 10:56

Nice to see a bit of youth involved LOL

Rob said last night they wanted to bring the average age of the board down from 76! :rolly:

Michael Foley - 13/11/2015 11:30

That is untrue and incorrect. I, for one, supplied the information to John Pakey at the Echo ahead of his requested deadline. You'll have to ask the Echo why they did not use it.

Why don't you post it now on here then?

Jamesimp - 13/11/2015 11:44

I would suggest the Echo and Michael Foley have to deal with this first. There has been enough disrespect towards MF on social media and the Echo/John Pakey have done nothing other than make things worse. Subject to the above post from MF being correct then John Pakey has some explaining to do. An apology from the Echo/JP and his profile posted immediately on the Echo website (as well as on social media sites) and then in next weeks edition.
To ask MF to post it on Vitals is inappropriate at the moment.

Keith Roe - 13/11/2015 12:09

I would suggest the Echo and Michael Foley have to deal with this first. There has been enough disrespect towards MF on social media and the Echo/John Pakey have done nothing other than make things worse. Subject to the above post from MF being correct then John Pakey has some explaining to do. An apology from the Echo/JP and his profile posted immediately on the Echo website (as well as on social media sites) and then in next weeks edition.

Ok, I wasn't stirring, just thought it may be of interest.

Well the Trust is up and running and lead by the distinguished people mentioned. I now look forward to reading their achievements in moving the club onward and upward.

lindumimp - 12/11/2015 11:41

From the Lincolnshire Echo:

A new board for the Lincoln City Supporters Trust is formed.

There are nine places with Phillip Bird, Rob Bradley, Chris Elkington, Michael Foley, Jean Foster, Ian Hodgson, James Lammin, Stephen Tointon and John Wilson nominated.

Rick fancy coming on board & helping out with Moyses mission?

Keith Roe - 13/11/2015 12:09

Mr. Roe is absolutely correct. In the meantime, I would advise against any further repetition of an untrue and quite probably actionable statement.