New Ticketing System | Page 2 | Vital Football

New Ticketing System

I am 76 and have lost 2 valuable hours of what little time I have left registering on the system which requires a passport photo and then tried to get 2 tickets for the Lincoln game. I have supported my team for over 65 years and deserve better treatment than this! Why cant I go down to the ticket office and buy my tickets. Be suprised if there are more than 4000 at the game. Is it me?
My sympathies - esp. about the Photo thing.

Having corrected other "errors", it still wouldn't progress.

There was zero info about the photo.
I assumed it was a social media thingy (and I never post a photo - or bother with photos of other Users).

Even after guessing that it might be linked to a new plastic card, it was pure guesswork what to do about it.
Bloody web-designers ! :mad: (Thinking everyone is a mind-reader)

I bought a two-year season ticket in March 2020, and the new system shows my ticket us just 'reserved until August 7'. In this state I am unable to download my ticket. There have been various promises that the club are going to further process these tickets, not least on the website last Friday, but still it has not been done. I don't understand why this wasn't done at the start, given that I had already paid. Judging by the other forums a lot of us are in the same boat. I am now fearing that I won't be at the first match, despite paying two years up front and agreeing to forgo last season's money.
Turn up with ID.

A couple of years ago, there was some cock up with the ST and the Ticket Office printed out a one-off ticket for my seat.

How many tickets would they have to sell in person to cover the staff manning the ticket office's wages. Surely not that many. I think they will lose more than they gain by selling tickets this in way.
Agreed.
Channelling the majority with e-tickets is fine.

But on-the-day sales should be easy....
....and NOT cost £2 more...
(until getting 9,000 plus)

Away Games.
What is happening for tickets ?
Plymouth ?
Wimbledon ?
No link that I could see.
I called the club Tarian and the lady said that away matches won't have the system to recognise tickets on the phone, so they will issue paper tickets.

I called the club Tarian and the lady said that away matches won't have the system to recognise tickets on the phone, so they will issue paper tickets.
Thanks
Maybe I wasn't clear.
My Q was less about the actual ticket.
What about buying an Away ticket ?

Previously tickets could be bought online and either posted or collected at the Away ground.
(Also, ticket info on the old online system was often easier to find than on the GFC website !)

It sounds as if now, Away tickets have to bought by phone.
If so, then this e-ticketing seems two steps forward and one back:oops:

This is all in the spirit of the times. Vaccine passports, never...maybe...definitely....sometimes, it's someone else's responsibility. I assume that normal rules will obtain after the first engagement, or two. Money is rarely refused by ticket sellers. In the absence of regular friendlies and signings this distraction is most welcome but they need to sort it in the next couple of weeks.

I’ve never understood why the club doesn’t have one cash pay on the day turnstile.
Easy money.
We never refuse cash.
I know a guy in Headcorn who regularly has a ‘problem’ with his card machine and good fortune is an ATM opposite.
Even now, with all this online crap, about 20% of transactions are still cash.

I’ve never understood why the club doesn’t have one cash pay on the day turnstile.
Easy money.
We never refuse cash.
I know a guy in Headcorn who regularly has a ‘problem’ with his card machine and good fortune is an ATM opposite.
Even now, with all this online crap, about 20% of transactions are still cash.

Even at old Trafford i believe its still cash accepted at the food areas. Ticket office on phone and in person.

Think they have a slightly higher budget for stadium and ticket office staff than Gills do!

Obviously and ticket prices are higher and in major demand all season.
We on the other hand need to be customer focused as we have low crowds and no waiting lists.

Like Lark said earlier in this thread the amount of young kids at HT wanting to spend their pocket money, I can't see many dad's saying to their kids here's my debit card. Personal I'd rather use cash at HT when it's my round for the beers but admittedly I can easy use my card. It should be a personal choice but begrudgingly I suppose that's the way everything seems to be going.

Everything is digital now.

Any systems implementation should involve a thorough UAT and training for staff before ‘go-live’. By cutting corners here, they’ve probably created loads of unnecessary work, duplication of efforts and it’s been bad PR. I heard Scally say that new systems take time for people to get used to new technology - but he can’t get away from the fact that it’s been unnecessarily challenging.

Spot on. This 'teething problems' is a cop out for cowboys and corner cutters.
Take the problem with migration of email addresses from old system to new.
1.Extract list of emails from old system
2. Export to new system
3. Extract list of emails from new system
4. Compare lists
Derr - standard practice for at least 40 years.

Also, most resource required for implementation us around testing and rollout inc customer support. PS admitted that they were not increasing resource.