NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 558 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
And / or a solidarity payment to those who sadly lost their jobs as a result
They should use the money to develop a functional supporters club, reforming it from what we've seen recently.

Ideally they should ask people above a certain level if they wanted their money back as it'd be a good show of trust on their part.

Recognising that things - or people - which we once thought were worthy of commemoration, actually weren't/aren't, shouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

Jingle jangle jewellery jewellery anyone?

The issue is, granted, it can go too far. I suppose we need adult conversations as to where the line lies.
Sir Jingle Jangle, you mean?
Can you tell what it is yet?

Recognising that things - or people - which we once thought were worthy of commemoration, actually weren't/aren't, shouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

Jingle jangle jewellery jewellery anyone?

The issue is, granted, it can go too far. I suppose we need adult conversations as to where the line lies.

History is just that, history.

Learning and understanding is perfectly acceptable but to then judge these peoples worth or value by today’s standards is both wrong and utterly pointless given the context. Evolution is a continuous process. I certainly agree about the need for adult conversations, but the actions and words of many others suggest they don’t.

Regarding Lennegan i think a lot of people are not realising that it wasn't about doing him a favour it was about trying to secure a last resort for us.

If we ended up in a position where there was no viable bidders left we would've needed to use 'Plan B' to stop the club going bust. Plan B would literally be impossible with only the money we had in the bank, we at the very least need Lennegan to buy the stadium if nothing else as there is no way we could afford to lose 1m annually on the ground on top of somehow finding running costs.

I know some would prefer us to go bust rather than having anything to do with Lennegan, but the majority of Latics fans would accept his involvement if it meant we still have a club. Grudges against Lindsay form decades ago will seem pretty irrelevant to thousands on a Saturday afternoon when you haven't got a game because your club died.

Nandy and the SC were 100% right to explore all options with Lennegan if all else failed. If they refused to do so it would have been a dereliction of their responsibilities - they needed to look at the best and worst case scenarios and try and come up with contingencies. Their no.1 priority was to save the club, if Lennegan would help in anyway with that we needed to try and get that last resort in place.

We've thankfully avoided having to use any such last resort, so nothing to worry about. Let's look forward and be glad it never came to that.

It wasn’t about the last resort. This fella actively tried to buy the ground early in the process meaning the value of our club would have been greatly reduced and it’s existence greatly threatened. If it wasn’t for the whistleblower he may have succeeded. Do you remember how angry Jabba was when this information came out? One group actually wanted to move us to Leigh because of him. He hung around like a bad smell throughout all this and I find his measly words insincere. He’s worse than Maurice in my book and has set back relations between the two clubs decades.

History is just that, history.

Learning and understanding is perfectly acceptable but to then judge these peoples worth or value by today’s standards is both wrong and utterly pointless given the context. Evolution is a continuous process. I certainly agree about the need for adult conversations, but the actions and words of many others suggest they don’t.
"Wrong and utterly pointless" ... I can certainly see that for some actions, especially from centuries ago, but I'm not sure that paedophilia was considered acceptable behaviour by the standards at the time in the 70s.

It wasn’t about the last resort. This fella actively tried to buy the ground early in the process meaning the value of our club would have been greatly reduced and it’s existence greatly threatened. If it wasn’t for the whistleblower he may have succeeded. Do you remember how angry Jabba was when this information came out? One group actually wanted to move us to Leigh because of him. He hung around like a bad smell throughout all this and I find his measly words insincere. He’s worse than Maurice in my book and has set back relations between the two clubs decades.

If the other bidders fell through and it was us trying to keep the club from going bust we couldn't do it without Lenegan buying the ground. There could've come a point when admin selling him the ground was our only hope of avoiding liquidation. That was the last resort we are talking about that the SC and Nancy would've been exploring.

Of course he was about throughout we share the stadium with him. If the roles were reversed and we were their tennants we'd all be saying 'can we buy the ground' so can we really be outraged he tried to do exactly what we would've done if the boot was on the other foot?

No doubt admin have been bad for us but the whistleblower thing was a mix of bluring the lines between observation, prediction and conspiracy theory. With the conspiracy of admin being in cahoots with Lenegan to buy the club pretty much proven false by the fact he never bid for the club and admin wouldn't even sell him the ground even when Ganaye said they could have it. Admin may be a lot of things but they weren't helping Lenegan.

Last edited:
If the other bidders fell through and it was us trying to keep the club from going bust we couldn't do it without Lenegan buying the ground. There could've come a point when admin selling him the ground was our only hope of avoiding liquidation. That was the last resort we are talking about that the SC and Nancy would've been exploring.

Of course he was about throughout we share the stadium with him. If the roles were reversed and we were their tennants we'd all be saying 'can we buy the ground' so can we really be outraged he tried to do exactly what we would've done if the boot was on the other foot?

No doubt admin have been bad for us but the whistleblower thing was a mix of bluring the lines between observation, prediction and conspiracy theory. With the conspiracy of admin being in cahoots with Lenegan to buy the club pretty much proven false by the fact he never bid for the club and admin wouldn't even sell him the ground even when Ganaye said they could have it. Admin may be a lot of things but they weren't helping Lenegan.
The whistleblower was pretty much spot on.
You can argue that Pollard was a potential last resort. Any other resort would be disgraceful given his stated position.
Thank god it hasn't played out that way (hopefully)

See the ground revaluation FFP rogue Mel Morris's sale of Wayne Rooney's Derby is off!

Apparently the Abu Dhabi bidders haven't come up with the money 😳
Wouldn't they have had to prove these in advance to pass EFL fit and proper test ?
Or does that only apply to us ?

Derby aren't in admin so normally the way it works is you agree a deal then it goes to EFL for fit and proper test.

Did these guys even get as far as the EFL test before pulling out?

Or maybe they did a Moreno passed the test, proved the funds but changed his mind at last minute.

The whistleblower was pretty much spot on.
You can argue that Pollard was a potential last resort. Any other resort would be disgraceful given his stated position.
Thank god it hasn't played out that way (hopefully)

The whistleblower saying admins were asset stripping was an accurate observation but suggesting there was a plan was in place to sell us to Lenegan was clearly not true.

Derby aren't in admin so normally the way it works is you agree a deal then it goes to EFL for fit and proper test.

Did these guys even get as far as the EFL test before pulling out?

Or maybe they did a Moreno passed the test, proved the funds but changed his mind at last minute.
Not sure but the BBC piece says it was days from completion which would suggest EFL had passed it

The whistleblower saying admins were asset stripping was an accurate observation but suggesting there was a plan was in place to sell us to Lenegan was clearly not true.
How do we know that 🤔
What we do know is that Nandy was calling for local owners and that's about it I believe

I'm not seeing "clearly not true", it looks like they were holding out for as much fee income as they could get, they favoured "a local bid" even though they were "no moralists" etc etc.

The only thing clear about the admins is they had a hard time with communication and at times that worked against the sale of the club. Beyond that I don't think anything about what they did, how they did it and why they did it, is clear, probably even to the admins themselves.

Completely agree with this MIW.
I wouldn't have had a problem with him being a part of the plan b,last resort option,but to try and pinch the stadium from the very beginning of this process leaves a bitter taste personally!Whelan saved their rugby club,whilst Lenegan could've done serious harm to ours with his despicable actions.That leaked letter and the fury it caused amongst our fanbase I reckon changed how things were panning out.

let’s try and get one of the stands renamed. Like a ex player on face book said. A player who was one of our all time greats. Over 600 game. And nothing around the stadium to remember him. His Name. ?????????????????????
All four stands should be renamed after Latics players.
Now which ones is the question.
Harry Lyon East Stand.
Emerson Boyce West Stand.
Roberto Martinez South Stand.
Jason Roberts North Stand.
Lots and lots of others too. Every concourse, every nook and cranny. The John King South Stand bar.
Sorry just opinions.

I think you're wasting your breath (or finger energy) trying to argue this as some people have clearly made up their mind that he was actively trying to do us over even though there isn't one shred of evidence to support that.

My own personal opinion is that he did initially want to go down the route of Sporting Wigan but couldn't get the backing for it so dropped out relatively early & I think he'd have been best to not release any statement about Sporting Wigan until he knew he was able to do it

Did he want the ground? If the Ganaye offer to them was true then clearly not in it's current guise. Would he have stepped in & bought it if Latics had folded? Probably & who can blame him coz his business/club need a ground to play on & he would have got it at a knockdown price. Would he have done likewise if Latics had needed the Supporters Club "Plan B"? Probably & for the same reasons
Did he get in people's ears when there were rumours about a new owner chucking them out? Probably & who can blame him? And has he sought legal advice to try & ensure any new owner can't chuck them out? Clearly coz he's said as much

Aside from unfounded conspiracy theories I really don't see what he's done wrong & the comments from people that they wouldn't have gone watching Latics at home if he'd bought the ground are baffling to me - if there's any actual evidence then I'm more than willing to change my mind

It's all old ground now talking about this guy and what he would have done
People had their own reasons for not wanting to go to home games if he did get control of stadium
But he did not so onwards and upwards

Apologies if this has been asked before but following the takeover, will Wigan Council still own 15% of the stadium or are the new owners buying the full 100%.

I'm not sure if the Council owned part of the stadium or part of the stadium company.

Status
Not open for further replies.