NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 365 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m wasn’t aware it was stipulated on an agreed sale price.

In the statement the admins made in August ( I think) they laid out the price they wanted for the parts of the club and said that if they were successfully sold at those prices the SC money would be treated as a "soft" loan and repaid.

I assume that as it looks likely that they will not be getting what they asked for and that other creditors will not be paid then the likelihood of the SC getting their cash returned will be nil.

Would it be prudent then to pay less and take the points hit? Possibly but I think it comes with conditions on how much can be spent in future seasons so that will need to be considered when deciding on a bid figure. Personally as long as we get decent owners and get these parasites out of the door I’m not arsed if we get relegated.

That may be the best solution. As each day ticks along the value of the club decreases it edges closer to relegation. If we assume that a takeover won't be completed by the end of the month (highly unlikely) and with players returning to their parent clubs and short term deals ending the likelihood of staying up becomes near impossible anyway. I know it's a slightly defeatist way of looking at it but selling for a lower fee, taking the points hit and just accepting that it will be league 2 next season but securing the clubs future at this point, to me anyway, seems the best option. We have all witnessed how damaging time can be to the club. The longer it goes on the worst it gets. The buck has to stop somewhere. It's like losing a thousand pound on a roulette machine and rejecting the chance to take 800, 600 and 400 before accepting that 200 quid back is better than nothing.

The statement, I believe, said that it was £2.5 million for the stadium, 500k for Sharpy's and 500k for Christopher Park. If those figures were met the Football Club went for £1 and the SC would get it's 200k back.

They also said that they were prepared to sell Sharpy's separately if required and have done so.

As far as their fees go the sales of Euxton and Sharpy's will cover them.

Interesting isn't it? It's as if the admins knew exactly how much money they would need for a certain period of time. Scumbags.

In the statement the admins made in August ( I think) they laid out the price they wanted for the parts of the club and said that if they were successfully sold at those prices the SC money would be treated as a "soft" loan and repaid.

I assume that as it looks likely that they will not be getting what they asked for and that other creditors will not be paid then the likelihood of the SC getting their cash returned will be nil.

Yeah I seem to recall the comments now, though I don’t believe a word they say which is why i hope it wasn’t just handed over in good faith.

Incredible that just two days after being told that 3 bidders were in talks people are now openly saying that a 15 point deduction because we were sold for £1.5m could be our only outcome! Nixon reporting the Royle group are out,The Frampton group are soon to follow them,Who on earth is left?Smurthwaite more than likely would fail the owners test so he's a non runner!Really cannot see a buyer left!! The SC are our only hope now with trying to get a local consortium together as they need to find funding for 2 years that's a tall order for them,Sadly i just cannot see any good news coming our way!

Incredible that just two days after being told that 3 bidders were in talks people are now openly saying that a 15 point deduction because we were sold for £1.5m could be our only outcome! Nixon reporting the Royle group are out,The Frampton group are soon to follow them,Who on earth is left?Smurthwaite more than likely would fail the owners test so he's a non runner!Really cannot see a buyer left!! The SC are our only hope now with trying to get a local consortium together as they need to find funding for 2 years that's a tall order for them,Sadly i just cannot see any good news coming our way!
Yep I am fuming with it. These people turned the fans against each other arguing about the Spanish bid and whether the was a viable alternative or not. They promised people that they was willing to jump in if the opportunity arose and now they have got their chance they have all gone quiet and left us the fans to deal with all their mess again. This is truelly evidence that it is the fans that come last in football

Think it's just more of a case of wigan athletic as a whole, the club, the fans, the town needs to be a bit more pragmatic and seeing where the end goal is. Hoping and hanging on for something better is doing nobody any good. League 2 with a secure football club is still a football club to support. Oblivion is the other option the longer time drags on. Big earners being released from contracts. There isn't much left. Need to take whatever is available at this point to ensure the club survives. That is the main objective in all of this, not who screwed who etc etc that can be dissected later. Wigan athletic surviving is more important than any of that right now otherwise this becomes a derelict forum and the club relegated to the history books.

And if the season gets suspended. And we take 15 points. Back we’re we came from non league

As you've said before, John, it won't be first time.....or the last. Check out Bury, Stockport, Darlington, Wrexham, Hartllepool etc etc. Some never come back. Let's hope we'll be another Luton or Oxford, not Scarborough or York 😢

Dont know how true this is rumour ive just heard now i think its bullshit forms for liquidation in by next week

Smerthwaite in an interview today with WEP states he has phoned the EFL to confirm he has passed the proper owners test as he already had done at Port Vale and confirmed he had.
However I'm just waiting for Loudmouth's saviour to come riding down LoireDrive on his White Charger

Although it might not be today, I think we shall very shortly have a buyer. I suspect that it boils down to who blinks first, admin or the bidder(s). Admin said they wanted all bids in by today, if there aren't any then it becomes irrelevant. As has been said before, anyone with any business sense will only offer the minimum required to seal the deal.

Mental that all the bidders that came forward, all 100+ of them have been completely Tyre kickers, not one bidder has want to purchase to keep the club competitive. Best case scenario now is one of the chancers getting a bargain. Don't think we will have a owner who cares too much for the club. Admins sitting on the Spanish for so long was the killer.

Last edited:
Smerthwaite in an interview today with WEP states he has phoned the EFL to confirm he has passed the proper owners test as he already had done at Port Vale and confirmed he had.
However I'm just waiting for Loudmouth's saviour to come riding down LoireDrive on his White Charger

I have noted the rubbish you have been posting this morning and this latest dig really shows your green eyed monster at work and that someone actually knows more than what you ever wiil.

Although it might not be today, I think we shall very shortly have a buyer. I suspect that it boils down to who blinks first, admin or the bidder(s). Admin said they wanted all bids in by today, if there aren't any then it becomes irrelevant. As has been said before, anyone with any business sense will only offer the minimum required to seal the deal.
As there aren't any bids seems the admins have fecked up - again - from advising to put is in admin initially to this dark place right now.
With a heavy heart I believe the club needs putting out of it's misery now it's making folks ill 😪

And if the season gets suspended. And we take 15 points. Back we’re we came from non league

What if we take -15 points and then the season gets suspended or chalked off. Null and void league and punishment served. They may even scrap relegation so starting next season in league 1 with -15 instead. It's all supposition and guesswork at this stage. (i don't think the season will be scrapped btw) but as i said earlier there are more pressing matters to deal with first. You can't relegate a club that doesn't exist... Bury.

Status
Not open for further replies.