NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 305 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just listened to the PWU podcast with Barry Worthington, and he is very angry about the Spanish bid and is not a happy bunny. Barry seems to know things about the Spanish bid that we don't and seems definitely against it. Now knowing Barry as I do this sets alarm bells going off in my head as he wouldent be saying this if he felt the Spanish bid was ok. He mentions staff leaving the club as they know what's coming and it all sounds very depressing to be honest. I would urge anyone who hasn't listened to it to do so.

As I’ve repeatedly said Zakky people need to read between the lines. Those that have more detailed knowledge are, if not dead against it, then certainty are less than enthusiastic about it ranging from the SC, MP, former directors and of course people such as Barry who will have inside information.

Sadly we have too many who are just happy we’re being sold, believe everything their told and have an inability to see the bigger picture. This takeover and exiting administration will not be a cause for celebration unfortunately.

So what are your alternatives? If you hint at either Frampton the fantasist or the pair with a 100% failure record in football ownership your alternatives are pretty unconvincing to put it very politely. It may well turn out to be a case of the Spaniards being the lesser of 3 evils. I may have dreamt it, but wasn't one of the SC committee on the radio a couple of weeks ago saying they supported the Spaniards?

As I’ve repeatedly said Zakky people need to read between the lines. Those that have more detailed knowledge are, if not dead against it, then certainty are less than enthusiastic about it ranging from the SC, MP, former directors and of course people such as Barry who will have inside information.

Sadly we have too many who are just happy we’re being sold, believe everything their told and have an inability to see the bigger picture. This takeover and exiting administration will not be a cause for celebration unfortunately.
Happy where being sold more like happy were being saved

Well i asked on facebook other day one of the sc members who did want to take us over i got a reply they liked my post

Just listened to the PWU podcast with Barry Worthington, and he is very angry about the Spanish bid and is not a happy bunny. Barry seems to know things about the Spanish bid that we don't and seems definitely against it. Now knowing Barry as I do this sets alarm bells going off in my head as he wouldent be saying this if he felt the Spanish bid was ok. He mentions staff leaving the club as they know what's coming and it all sounds very depressing to be honest. I would urge anyone who hasn't listened to it to do so.
So if barry has a problem with spanish bid and knows something then why not come on here or on his podcast and tell us what he knows im sure we would all like to know
Im sure he can come out with whatever it is

So what are your alternatives? If you hint at either Frampton the fantasist or the pair with a 100% failure record in football ownership your alternatives are pretty unconvincing to put it very politely. It may well turn out to be a case of the Spaniards being the lesser of 3 evils. I may have dreamt it, but wasn't one of the SC committee on the radio a couple of weeks ago saying they supported the Spaniards?

Yes either of those would be more suitable alternatives. The Spanish couldn’t even pass a piss easy O&D test as the front man was unsuitable which should destroy any credible they have. Why is Frampton a fantasist? He has been successful in his career alongside the real money man behind his bid. I doubt many of his proposals would come to fruition but his enthusiasm is admirable.

Unfortunately you appear unable to see the wood for the trees and are just happy for a short term fix. A bit like the administrators. When reality hits you should reflect on this and your unwavering support for them.

So if barry has a problem with spanish bid and knows something then why not come on here or on his podcast and tell us what he knows im sure we would all like to know
Im sure he can come out with whatever it is

I haven’t listened to it yet, but perhaps you could just trust him that he knows what he’s talking about and add it to the SC and MPs lack of public endorsement that there is no smoke without fire.

If the supporters club nandy and everyone else is so unhappy about it. Then why don't they just come out and say they are instead of all this implying they are? If the supporters club was against it it would carry alot of weight other clubs have been against potential takeovers in the past and some have even caused them takeovers to fall through. We are in a unique position with what happened with efl and our last owners that If the supporters where against it. The is good chance the efl would not approve it. Because the efl do not want to be seen to lumber us with another bad owner. I have been very supportive of the supporters club and thought they have took slot of unfair criticism throughout this take over but It is time for them to put up or shut up imo.

it’s ok some saying not happy. But there is know one else. Like I keep saying if that frampton wanted it he would get it. Money talks in every life. We will never ever have rich owners. again.

It seems the PWU lads have spoken to at least two bidders whom they believe are genuine and believe the Frampton bid is definitely genuine. The roof and ground extension shouldn't be used as a stick to beat them with as that was way in the future and I think they believe it's a better way to go than the Spanish bid which seems hugely flawed

Having listened to the podcast it was really poor to be honest,get better discussion in the pub on a Friday night!Not surprised that Barry is getting a lot of fans critisicing him on Twitter and the fact he is backpeddaling on there speaks volumes!Remember he is close politically to Lisa Nandy and seems to have been influenced by her comments!Poor podcast this week i'm afraid

Yes either of those would be more suitable alternatives. The Spanish couldn’t even pass a piss easy O&D test as the front man was unsuitable which should destroy any credible they have. Why is Frampton a fantasist? He has been successful in his career alongside the real money man behind his bid. I doubt many of his proposals would come to fruition but his enthusiasm is admirable.

Unfortunately you appear unable to see the wood for the trees and are just happy for a short term fix. A bit like the administrators. When reality hits you should reflect on this and your unwavering support for them.

Be fair mate. The one who couldn't pass the test (why, we don't exactly know) has now been jettisoned (from the bid and any directorial role at least), so any credibility they had been losing has surely been restored.

I can see your points re Frampton, but I think he needs to put a lot more meat on the bones before he's fully believable.

I haven’t listened to it yet, but perhaps you could just trust him that he knows what he’s talking about and add it to the SC and MPs lack of public endorsement that there is no smoke without fire.
I just wish folk would come out with it instead of i know something but not going to tell
If folk have something to say dont pussie foot about tell the fans if they dont want to tell they should keep their gob shut why all the secrecy

Having listened to the podcast it was really poor to be honest,get better discussion in the pub on a Friday night!Not surprised that Barry is getting a lot of fans critisicing him on Twitter and the fact he is backpeddaling on there speaks volumes!Remember he is close politically to Lisa Nandy and seems to have been influenced by her comments!Poor podcast this week i'm afraid

What a load of crap you spout, If Barry is saying this then I believe him they have far more information than us and as far as being in bed with Nandy is concerned that's pathetic he has Wigan Ath burned in his soul.
I've told you before everything you've posted has proved to be wrong stick to mucking out the stables.

How is my support unwavering when I've described them as being the lesser of 3 evils. Try reading to the end before climbing on your high horse.

Frampton has done nothing apart from come out with ever increasingly outlandish statement with nothing to back it up. He reckons we can go all the way to the Premier League and make a profit in doing so. He wants to increase a stadium that we will never fill again.

If he is such an admirable enthusiast and keen follower of all things Wigan, including it's soccer team, why didn't he get involved in July. We might even have been able to keep hold of our training ground in Uxton if he had.

Be fair mate. The one who couldn't pass the test (why, we don't exactly know) has now been jettisoned (from the bid and any directorial role at least), so any credibility they had been losing has surely been restored.

I can see your points re Frampton, but I think he needs to put a lot more meat on the bones before he's fully believable.

Though the fact he was associated with it in the first place should set alarm bells ringing in regards their credibility and decision making. He was in effect leading the bid, the public face, the pr spokesman and indeed investor. Once the deals approved I highly suspect he’ll be brought back to run the club, whatever his job title.

Re Frampton I agree, though suspect his ‘grand plans’ are long term ones.

Throughout all this the RRRs have remained in dignified silence, so shouldn’t be discounted, although it all seems a done deal so irrelevant unless the efl can find a reason not to approve the Spanish.

What a load of crap you spout, If Barry is saying this then I believe him they have far more information than us and as far as being in bed with Nandy is concerned that's pathetic he has Wigan Ath burned in his soul.
I've told you before everything you've posted has proved to be wrong stick to mucking out the stables.

What a lovely response.
:rolleyes:

I just wish folk would come out with it instead of i know something but not going to tell
If folk have something to say dont pussie foot about tell the fans if they dont want to tell they should keep their gob shut why all the secrecy

Come on Bicky you’re not naive to believe that everything can be put into a public forum, not least because it will be from current employees who could then be facing the dack when they take over or from individuals who have breached nda’s to share info on the basis it isn’t made public so can’t be traced back. As Zakky said Barry is a tied in the wool blue, he bleeds it. If he’s saying they aren’t right from what he knows then in all likelihood they aren’t right.

Status
Not open for further replies.