NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 172 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suppose that isn't too bad though, could have a Racist bigot leading the party or a lawyer who supported that leader. Same lawyer now has
plenty criticism towards the government but no answers.
Alas that's the politics of today though, but there are much more important things to worry about like the survival of WAFC.

Your very free with your insults and potentially libellous statements aren't you?
On the record of this and the past Tory governments, how anyone who lives in Wigan can vote for these people and their policies is beyond me.

Your very free with your insults and potentially libellous statements aren't you?
On the record of this and the past Tory governments, how anyone who lives in Wigan can vote for these people and their policies is beyond me.

Given the alternate at the last two elections the answer is quite easily, though I don’t live in the town myself. Whenever I despair at the current government I think of what may have been and realise things would be quite considerably worse in so many ways.

Corbyn was and is an absolute disgrace. Setting aside his ideology and policies his actual leadership on the anti semitism issue was none existent. Consciously or not he helped foster a climate of hate and fear and allowed this racism toward the Jewish community to become normalised in a mainstream political party in the UK in the 21st century. Quite incredible. His response to that report was nothing short of shameful and inflammatory and reinforced the conclusions it drew.

You are fortunate your current leader had the balls to suspend him and he went up considerably in my estimation for that. If he can irrigate the rest of these people from the party he should entice a large number of sensible people back to it and make it credible and electable once more. Unfortunately I suspect he will be forced into one of those u-turns he’s fond of accusing the government of by the likes of Len ‘count your gold’ McCluskey, Momentum and many of the cranks that occupied his shadow cabinet. If he does u-turn he will instantly destroy his reputation and credibility, let alone demonstrate that he can’t/won’t purge the party. Having remained quite on the issue whilst serving under him, there certainly would be no way back for him from there.

Do they play football at Eton? Our ‘sports ministers’ are probably too busy funding dressage and rowing to care about what’s going on at Latics 👀

To be fair HUD, Dowdens not done a bad job. He’s so far stood up to the PL and insisted they must use some of their millions to bale out the EFL rather than the obscene and ridiculous wages and fees they pay for often average players. Why should the taxpayer subsidise football when there are sufficient idiots among them to keep paying Sky and BT, who are the real problem here. If everybody cancelled their subscriptions, job done and we can get back to football being owned by the working man again.

I bet we know which way our administrators etc vote, Kenny 😕

Given the alternate at the last two elections the answer is quite easily, though I don’t live in the town myself. Whenever I despair at the current government I think of what may have been and realise things would be quite considerably worse in so many ways.

Corbyn was and is an absolute disgrace. Setting aside his ideology and policies his actual leadership on the anti semitism issue was none existent. Consciously or not he helped foster a climate of hate and fear and allowed this racism toward the Jewish community to become normalised in a mainstream political party in the UK in the 21st century. Quite incredible. His response to that report was nothing short of shameful and inflammatory and reinforced the conclusions it drew.

You are fortunate your current leader had the balls to suspend him and he went up considerably in my estimation for that. If he can irrigate the rest of these people from the party he should entice a large number of sensible people back to it and make it credible and electable once more. Unfortunately I suspect he will be forced into one of those u-turns he’s fond of accusing the government of by the likes of Len ‘count your gold’ McCluskey, Momentum and many of the cranks that occupied his shadow cabinet. If he does u-turn he will instantly destroy his reputation and credibility, let alone demonstrate that he can’t/won’t purge the party. Having remained quite on the issue whilst serving under him, there certainly would be no way back for him from there.
After the hammering this epidemic has given the government even The Lawyer should walk a general election. More importantly we need this takeover sorting soon.

After the hammering this epidemic has given the government even The Lawyer should walk a general election. More importantly we need this takeover sorting soon.

The left are more interested in ideology than governing, so they’ll contrive to fuck it up between now and the next four years. They’ve already started in trying to undermine the chap who’s taken over.

The left are more interested in ideology than governing, so they’ll contrive to fuck it up between now and the next four years. They’ve already started in trying to undermine the chap who’s taken over.
Which Chap ? - Sir KS ? Mr Hindsight ? Moonays hero ? 😁
The son of posh folk who has a donkey sanctuary, knocks folk off bikes in his Chelsea tractor and was a senior figure in Labour whilst all this racism was going on and did nothing then in a show of massive hypocrisy publically took the knee ?
The same one who swept the grooming gangs under the carpet in his previous incarnation ?
The one who red Len is about to destroy ?
Or someone else ?🤣

Needs putting off topic this thread btw 😉

Which Chap ? - Sir KS ? Mr Hindsight ? Moonays hero ? 😁
The son of posh folk who has a donkey sanctuary, knocks folk off bikes in his Chelsea tractor and was a senior figure in Labour whilst all this racism was going on and did nothing then in a show of massive hypocrisy publically took the knee ?
The same one who swept the grooming gangs under the carpet in his previous incarnation ?
The one who red Len is about to destroy ?
Or someone else ?🤣

Needs putting off topic this thread btw 😉

Aye, that’s the chap!

If the Prime Minister announces another lockdown the 10 pound option may not be there if the season is abandoned. Unless they show us re runs of those glorious double promotion years of Paul Jewell. Now re running those would be well worth a tenner.

If the Prime Minister announces another lockdown ......

Surely he won't do that. After all, it's only two weeks ago that he admonished "the lawyer" 🙄 for having the temerity to suggest such a thing, telling him it would be a disaster.

Surely our world class system will take care of it.

Surely he won't do that. After all, it's only two weeks ago that he admonished "the lawyer" 🙄 for having the temerity to suggest such a thing, telling him it would be a disaster.

Who knows what can happen. We are in the middle of a disaster as it is. You can have any system you want but if that system is ignored by many then it breaks down.

Got "follow the science" 🤣🤣🤣🤣

. You can have any system you want but if that system is ignored by many then it breaks down.

Yep ........especially if one of those ignoramuses is the bloke who helped create the strategy (ha !) for handling the situation.

Whodathowt?

Oh, FFS (again) TB ................... you've just made me spill my brew with laughing !

Dowden?! He's a prime example of how this government appoints MPs to cabinet roles - given the chasm of anything resembling talent or competence amongst their numbers, (the dregs of which went either willingly or through spite) it's simply based purely on their ability to be a lickspittle. Unfortunately, Dowden excels at this.

Apologies to all for the brief "off topic" digression ...................... normal service will now be resumed.
;)

Without going off topic the whole political system, all parties over the existence of parliament appoints MPs to roles they haven't got suitable levels of experience in.

If you want to hire the best person to oversee anything nationally they shouldn't restrict it to people who are sitting MP's for the party in power.

Each sport would need a dedicated governor who deals with it every day, has their finger on the pulse and building the relationships continually rather than having a Sports minister overseeing all sports and effectively dipping in and out. Even if you hired someone externally who was very credible with the best will in the world a they aren't going to be able to be effective spreading their time across all of the varying levels, of all the different sports for men and women.

Last edited:
——————————-——————————————————————————

MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL. All have commissioners, these commissioners are appointed and paid by the owners to represent them. They are certainly not independent. That said, it’s to the benefit of all concerned that the integrity of the game is kept intact. I see you point but to find anyone independent about anything in this polarized society we live in today, good luck.

If they benefit all of the concerned and keep integrity intact isn't that a sign of the commissioner behaving in an independent manner? If they weren't acting independently and favouring some at the expense of others, there would be no integrity.

I think there will be a third party at the next election that hasn't formed yet that will be more credible than anything seen in the past. I think both major party's have exhausted the majority of the publics patients for so long an appetite for change continues to grow.

Anyway don't want to go any further off topic. Back to football.

Status
Not open for further replies.