NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 11 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12450197/wigan-takeover-frankel-kalt-rescue/

Was worried when I saw the £5 million figure that they were only buying bits of the club and properties, but Nixon says it’s the whole thing. Absolute bargain for a club, two good training grounds and a very decent stadium plus any of the surrounding properties.

So looks like it’s these guys vs Lenagan now. Interesting comment about other bidders wanting the properties - not sure whether that’s a veiled shot at Lenagan and potentially others wanting the stadium more than the club.

Agree with this 100% and I'll be keeping my powder dry annall. Don't get me wrong, ill be cracking open something if true but until signed and sealed I won't be letting my default ( pessimistic bar steward ) setting change.
You are a bit of a tool, slag one off and then arse lick the other

When you consider we have nigh on £2.5m to come from the FTEFL plus some outstanding money from previous sales then £5m is an absolute steal. Add in the former chippy which I reckon could be sold off pretty easily (I'm assuming that is part of the sale) and we are suddenly an attractive proposition.

A lot of people have said Lenegan was only ever interested in the stadium. Them comments just confirm it if true. They are getting a bargain for 5m, and good football people who know the importance of rebuilding.

Ha, well spotted. Unfortunately it is a coincidence. The user name comes from the race horses Frankel and Big Bucks and as Moonay rightly points out i have been a member since 2013. The reason i have never posted (although i read on here every day) is because every thread escalates into juvenile slanging matches however i have been glued to the developments recently and felt the need to add something. I have been a member of cockney latic since its inception but haven't posted on there for a few years as it's like a ghost town these days.

Glad your back posting, and I remember Frankel very well. I know exactly what you mean as regards juvenile slanging matches. So much so that 2 or 3 spoil the forum with their pedantic, childish bickering.

Last edited:
When you consider we have nigh on £2.5m to come from the FTEFL plus some outstanding money from previous sales then £5m is an absolute steal. Add in the former chippy which I reckon could be sold off pretty easily (I'm assuming that is part of the sale) and we are suddenly an attractive proposition.
Yes we are probably by far one of the wealthiest clubs in the country and if these lot have ambition, with careful planning and prudence they have a bargain of a deal and a club that can move forwards.

There should also be a substantial amount of cash coming our way in the future if we have added decent enough sell on clauses to the sales of players too.

They are basically inferring with those comments that as we suspected, Lenegan is only really in it to get his hands on the stadium.

If as it's starting to look that Ian Lenegan has put in a low bid to get his hands on the ground. Then what does that say about the man?
What about the sporting partnership between Latics and the worriers he spoke about?
What was the press conference he did saying he and his consortium wanted to save us all about?

Has he all along been plotting to f##k us over and take advantage of our situation?

If as it's starting to look that Ian Lenegan has put in a low bid to get his hands on the ground. Then what does that say about the man?
What about the sporting partnership between Latics and the worriers he spoke about?
What was the press conference he did saying he and his consortium wanted to save us all about?

Has he all along been plotting to f##k us over and take advantage of our situation?

I have no doubt that his bid to buy the club is genuine, however I couldn’t help but feel at the time it was also a way of getting some easy, cheap PR points when we were at our lowest fresh off the administration announcement.

Lenagan and the Warriors certainly got plenty of positive coverage, being painted by the national news as our saviour in shining armour.

Would have been our own trojan horse and still might be untill the yanks actually take control

when and where did he play with you im sure i must have

See, this is where you leave yourself wide open. On this of all days, when we have received our first piece of positive news in ages, your first thought is to come on here and try to shit-stir. That block of illiterate knob cheese craig was exactly the same.

New name, same old modus operandi.

Well done :clap:

On wigan today could be bullshit news yet again admins now saying nothing concrete about this new story about the yanks

I think they're just saying that it's a long way from being done and dusted.

Reasons to be hopeful ........ but don't count our chickens yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.