New squad numbers | Vital Football

New squad numbers

yellow belly

Vital Football Legend
Three numbers unallocated .... 3 , 15 and 28 .

Our Wes is there at no. 14

The Wolf now wears the no.20

Grabban takes the no. 7 shirt, and Lafferty the no 9 .

Some clues there !

And Bassong is 30

Interesting - the numbers must have some reflection in status but not always - Redmond for instance is 22, Beckham was always 23 so there's no inference to leaving there, similarly with the Bennetts at 17 for Elliott and 24 for Ryan.

One interesting one is Josh Murphy at 21 and Loza at 16. LOza over Josh?.

So the preferred run on team at this moment, in no particular order of field placings but based on the shirt numbers, would looks like

Ruddy, Whittaker, New centre back, Johnson, Martin, Turner, Grabban, Howson, Lafferty, Fer and Hooper

Subs Pilks, Bunn, Hools, Loza, Bennett, Garrido, Becchio

Wont happen - there's Redmond and Olsson for starters, then Josh, and possibly Bass and Tettey to fit in.

Wondering if the lower numbers, save the young uns, are likeley exports or poaching transfers expected or club want outs.

Conspiracy theories abound :grin:

We can look too much into the squad numbers, but Bassong as number 30 - must be on way out. RvW at 20 Unless he wanted to change shirt number, but you'd think he would want either 9, 10 or 11?

Remi Matthews and Adel Gafaiti gets numbers, but not for McGeehan?

The players at the end could be on the way out surman, bassong and Tettey

RvW on his new number: 'Yes I have been given number 20...I guess it is just a number!' and on Snoddgrass 'All the best to Robert, It was a privilege to have played with you! Great player and personality. Good Luck!!'

Just thought I'd put those up.

Glad to see Wes keep his number. I think we could really use him in the Championship and him keeping 14 could be good news. The same goes for Pilkington.

At this point, I don't care too much if RVW leaves. We almost have too many strikers and I want Loza to get a chance. Also, looking at my Twitter feed, it seems as though we may have put in a bid for Coventry's Callum Wilson.

Bassong losing his number is fine with me. He was not very good last year, and I always thought Rus would be the better captain. I thought number 2 fit Rus, plus he used the number in the kit launch. But I suppose I can get used to number 5. I do think Martin can do the job in the center.

Loza gets a decent number in 16 (personally my favorite number). Makes me think he will get a chance this year.

Just had a look through the pictures of pre season and one of the players (I don't recognize him) has squad number 3 on his training gear? I thought that number was free or is it just someone wearing the spare number for training?

Also RvW, R.Martin, Surman and this number 3 all look to be having a laugh good to see some team spirit.

Somebody had to wear it cus we lost the ability to add up cus we scored very little last season and they'd never get past 2. Its all part of the increased assignments for this season :grin: