New Signings | Vital Football

New Signings

Stroodboy - 1/10/2016 23:13

Heard today that we have just signed out of contract players Frank Nouble and Chris Herd.

Liked frank when he was here on loan seems to have dried up abit in goals. Don't know much about heard anyone care to enlighten me some info on him.

I vaguely remember Herd as a youngster at Villa but had forgotten about him to be honest. A quick bit of online research shows he's had a lot of injury problems - sounds like just what we need!

Nope GC_Sam. A number of us were talking to him outside AFC Wimbledon yesterday and he told us that they had signed.

I'm happy to be proven wrong but I just can't imagine Scally telling a handful of fans we've signed two players, yet 24 hours later there's still no official confirmation. It just goes against how he/we normally work.

NathanH_GFC - 2/10/2016 12:20

I'm happy to be proven wrong but I just can't imagine Scally telling a handful of fans we've signed two players, yet 24 hours later there's still no official confirmation. It just goes against how he/we normally work.

Indeed. No player contracts have been signed since Cargill on Transfer Deadline Day.

Maybe the club have got some advice from Big Sam, and there was no need to sign contracts... Ahhh! lol

Neither here nor there but found this article about Nouble and the Chinese league quite an interesting read

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-09-13/ex-chelsea-and-west-ham-striker-frank-nouble-i-have-unfinished-business-in-england-after-crazy-china-spell/

Detritus - 3/10/2016 13:34

Neither here nor there but found this article about Nouble and the Chinese league quite an interesting read

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-09-13/ex-chelsea-and-west-ham-striker-frank-nouble-i-have-unfinished-business-in-england-after-crazy-china-spell/
I posted this link on the Frank Nouble thread on the 23rd of September.. Gllad you finally found it. :1:

Ha - looked to see if there was a previous post with it but failed. Bloody modern technology...

Lets hope they can both hit the ground running after the disappointment of O'Hara, the stop-start frustration of Wagstaff and the who knows what of cargill.

Good effort by the chairmen - lets hope JED has done his homework on these two - although a short term deal suggest Nouble has not proved himself enough yet.

NathanH_GFC - 2/10/2016 12:20

I guess you are very happy tonight NathanH_GFC :7: