New signings | Page 2 | Vital Football

New signings

Why so much moaning.
We have a club, hopefully
Other than all the sins against us previously - which from latest admin statements to unfortunate injuries are continuing - no reason for moaning at all.
We should of course be happy we still have a club though that doesn't mean we should shrug shoulders and be content with our lot whilst others depart with money stuffed in every pocket.
There's a time to draw a line but for many that will be in the distant future not simply because we still have a club.

With the news that massey and viv could be out for the season once the take over is done do the conditions change could we sign free agents or are we stuck with what we got

Teams can still sign emergency goalkeepers but after the last Thursday in March no players are allowed to be signed.

43.3 Where any new registration or transfer of a Player is received by The League after 5pm on the fourth Thursday in March in each Season, that Player will not be eligible to play in any match organised by The League in that Season, except as permitted in Regulation 57.

Squads are limited anyway and according to this will be further reduced next season

League One and League Two clubs will be limited their squad size to 22 players for the 2020/21 season.
This will be reduced to 21 and 20 in subsequent seasons (2021/22 and 2022/23 season respectively).
Players aged under the age of 20 are exempt from these restrictions.

Come the end of the season there will be an exodus and rightly so.

Pearce, Long and Asgaard are under contract, from the rest i'd certainly offer deals to Joseph, Lang, Robinson, Johnston, Darikwa and maybe Tilt and Viv. Rest can probably all go and free up space and wages for the rebuild.

Teams can still sign emergency goalkeepers but after the last Thursday in March no players are allowed to be signed.

43.3 Where any new registration or transfer of a Player is received by The League after 5pm on the fourth Thursday in March in each Season, that Player will not be eligible to play in any match organised by The League in that Season, except as permitted in Regulation 57.

Squads are limited anyway and according to this will be further reduced next season

League One and League Two clubs will be limited their squad size to 22 players for the 2020/21 season.
This will be reduced to 21 and 20 in subsequent seasons (2021/22 and 2022/23 season respectively).
Players aged under the age of 20 are exempt from these restrictions.

With the number of games we play at these levels those restrictions are utterly ridiculous. You need a squad of 25 at least to cover injuries, fatigue, suspensions, cups, etc. They've even allowed us to increase the number of subs while reducing the number of players we are allowed and they will probably be wanting us to play a decent side in all of the meaningless Papa John trophy games.

I understand a salary cap, or dispensation to encourage teams to use youth players but those squad sizes are just going to mean more injuries, more players out of work, lower quality at a level that is already poor. Terrible suggestions.

With the number of games we play at these levels those restrictions are utterly ridiculous. You need a squad of 25 at least to cover injuries, fatigue, suspensions, cups, etc. They've even allowed us to increase the number of subs while reducing the number of players we are allowed and they will probably be wanting us to play a decent side in all of the meaningless Papa John trophy games.

I understand a salary cap, or dispensation to encourage teams to use youth players but those squad sizes are just going to mean more injuries, more players out of work, lower quality at a level that is already poor. Terrible suggestions.

I tend to disagree, but only on the point that I want to see more young players coming into the squads. I was happy to see more of our academy players filling the squad this season alongside some hardened pro's and although we lost games I thought the effort being shown was admirable.

I hope that next season, whichever division we are in, we don't just look to fill the squad with journeymen and loans and neglect the academy prospects we have. I would rather see the club lose a few games and give our own youth a chance than continue to watch the club bringing in players from other clubs youth set ups and developing them at the detriment of our own.

This year has shown that there is potential within the academy at L1 level, the likes of Lang, Aasgaard, Joseph, Merrie, Long, Robinson and Perry have now been blooded in the league and should now go on to develop into regular squad players. Alongside the ones that have been thrust into the limelight there are others with the potential to break through in the U18 squad with the likes of McHugh and McGurk attracting attention.

I think that we should be looking to retain the players you mention and fill the squad with the youth players whilst utilising our U18's as back up to create the extra numbers the demands of a season create.

Just wondering where all these guys are coming from in the under 23s can't all be kids can they ? This was the team that lost to Cardiff 6-1

Latics: Tickle, Trialist, Snell, Trialist, Trialist, Smith, O’Neill, Trialist (Costello 77), Trialist, McGurk (Lloyd 73), Brown (Lomax 47)
Subs: Mooney, Sze.

Just wondering where all these guys are coming from in the under 23s can't all be kids can they ? This was the team that lost to Cardiff 6-1

Latics: Tickle, Trialist, Snell, Trialist, Trialist, Smith, O’Neill, Trialist (Costello 77), Trialist, McGurk (Lloyd 73), Brown (Lomax 47)
Subs: Mooney, Sze.

Are number 2,4,5,8 & 9 related?

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere, made me laugh when I saw it. New signing ???

18-year-old Norwegian, Sivert Mannsverk - wanted by Arsenal, Ajax and Everton - has been labelled ‘one of the best prospects in European football in the coming years’.
“Playing in the Premier League with Wigan is my dream. It would be damn cool to play for Wigan one day.”
“They play in League One, and struggling these days in League One. It’s a tough time for Wigan.”
“But I stand there in both ups and downs. Yes, it’s probably weird to hear I’m a Wigan fan.”

Anyone speak Norwegian who can do a full translation for us ???

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere, made me laugh when I saw it. New signing ???

18-year-old Norwegian, Sivert Mannsverk - wanted by Arsenal, Ajax and Everton - has been labelled ‘one of the best prospects in European football in the coming years’.
“Playing in the Premier League with Wigan is my dream. It would be damn cool to play for Wigan one day.”
“They play in League One, and struggling these days in League One. It’s a tough time for Wigan.”
“But I stand there in both ups and downs. Yes, it’s probably weird to hear I’m a Wigan fan.”

Anyone speak Norwegian who can do a full translation for us ???

His dad and him are massive latics fans, they were at the 2013 Cup final.

Well he'd better join Everton and ask for a season long loan then because we won't be getting back in the Premier League during his playing career! :LOL: