New signing incoming | Vital Football

New signing incoming

It's amazing to think that with 4 goals in 23 outings for Crawley he'll be regarded as prolific by our standards.

I'd really like to think he can't be any worse than Walker, Mandron or Kashket.

Not particularly big, but likes to get in the area (given number 9 shirt at Crawley) and not afraid to shoot from distance, which is exactly what we need.

Watch from 4 minutes in to this video:

It's amazing to think that with 4 goals in 23 outings for Crawley he'll be regarded as prolific by our standards.

I'd really like to think he can't be any worse than Walker, Mandron or Kashket.

For me, the first priority is to make stuff happen. You can’t score goals without chances. If he makes chances, he’ll do for me. We scored a lot of goals with Mulligan / Sidibe-type strikers who didn’t score many themselves but they did the hard work which allowed others to. I don’t know much about Nichols but some have suggested he’s a deeper forward anyway (a 10? Baldy-Shaw-like?). Exactly the sort of player we needed first in my opinion.

For me, the first priority is to make stuff happen. You can’t score goals without chances. If he makes chances, he’ll do for me. We scored a lot of goals with Mulligan / Sidibe-type strikers who didn’t score many themselves but they did the hard work which allowed others to. I don’t know much about Nichols but some have suggested he’s a deeper forward anyway (a 10? Baldy-Shaw-like?). Exactly the sort of player we needed first in my opinion.

Looks like he makes things happen. Six direct assists in 19 games plus two goals himself.

BC13A1EE-96DE-40A2-91E9-7783CC3A8883.jpeg

Crawley fans are absolutely fuming on Twitter. A lot of angst against their owners. Thankfully PS didn’t entertain them.

And plenty of fans saying he’s their best player and can’t understand selling him to a relegation rival. Hope they are right.

Considering that he played against us 5 weeks ago in a dire 0-0 draw ( a game in which we actually looked the better team) I'll keep my excitement under-wraps for now.

Yeh, and what about that Ivan Toney? Played against us a few weeks back and didn't score any after the third minute, despite being backed by an EPL team.

Wouldn't have him at any price.