New sign in set up | Vital Football

New sign in set up

Chips1889

Vital Football Hero
Received an email today (but my lad hasn't) to say I need a new sign in. Has anyone got this and completed a new sign in process yet or is it a scam?
Thanks

Received an email today (but my lad hasn't) to say I need a new sign in. Has anyone got this and completed a new sign in process yet or is it a scam?
Thanks

Sounds like a scam Chips... nothing has been sent to my knowledge, from Vital.

What email address did it come from? Will get passwords changed if it is one of ours.

Sounds like a scam Chips... nothing has been sent to my knowledge, from Vital.

What email address did it come from? Will get passwords changed if it is one of ours.
Sorry but I should have said it looke like an email from SUFC re a new ticketing sign in sustem.

Sorry but I should have said it looke like an email from SUFC re a new ticketing sign in sustem.

It's genuine mate. I got one. Allowed me to sign in with my existing username and password and offered me the opportunity to change any detailed and preferences.
It's a genuine email from the club. Not sure why you didn't state that up front. It's got SUFC all over it.

Thanks
It's genuine mate. I got one. Allowed me to sign in with my existing username and password and offered me the opportunity to change any detailed and preferences.
It's a genuine email from the club. Not sure why you didn't state that up front. It's got SUFC all over it.
I wonder why more people haven’t received it? I assume they just asked you to log in as normal via the United website to make the changes and not via a link in the email? Normally businesses wouldn’t ask customers to update via an email they’d do it when the customer was logged onto their account to avoid scams so either way it’s pretty bad form.

I wonder why more people haven’t received it? I assume they just asked you to log in as normal via the United website to make the changes and not via a link in the email? Normally businesses wouldn’t ask customers to update via an email they’d do it when the customer was logged onto their account to avoid scams so either way it’s pretty bad form.

Sheffield United FC

To:
  • You

Sun 11/20/2022 10:57 AM

3_A9MlvvUXxxBP2ELXY_lWCV4wwslpxaOQh1w9wHYX4

Supporters are advised that the club has now transitioned to a Single Sign On system across our digital platforms.

This is a new account for registering with Sheffield United. It replaces the existing, separate accounts for different club systems such as ticketing and the online store. It is designed to be a single, standard way for the Club’s supporters to access online services on www.sufc.co.uk, www.tickets.sufc.co.uk and www.sufcdirect.co.uk.​

The Single Sign On Sheffield United Account is now the only way you’ll be able to:

- Buy and renew match tickets and season tickets online.

- Purchase merchandise from the online store.

- Watch games live on SUTV.

- Manage your communication preferences to control how you hear from the club.

For more information on how to create a new account click here.​

View Online

Registered office: Bramall Lane, Sheffield, S2 4SU. Company No. 00061564
To view our privacy policy click here.​

Thanks for the help, I needed it SBT. Sorry if I upset some on here though.

Don't be daft. Is that the email you got Chips? The screen shot I've posted.
That does seem genuine mate, it's basically what it says on our website. You might already know this but it you click on the sender under 'Other' it tells you where it's originated and in this case the main domain should be as below sufc.co.uk. Scammers can make it look like it's come from a safe website but it's harder to clone the URL address.

https://www.sufc.co.uk/tickets-membership/single-sign-on

The only strange thing was that only you and Chippy have got an email, I haven't had one but I'll let you know if you do.

That does seem genuine mate, it's basically what it says on our website. You might already know this but it you click on the sender under 'Other' it tells you where it's originated and in this case the main domain should be as below sufc.co.uk. Scammers can make it look like it's come from a safe website but it's harder to clone the URL address.

https://www.sufc.co.uk/tickets-membership/single-sign-on

The only strange thing was that only you and Chippy have got an email, I haven't had one but I'll let you know if you do.
Thanks Gray, I ddidn't know but I'll forget again soon.....age thing mate.

In the end I had to ring SUFC ticket office as the system told me I was already registered........They told me they sent emails to anyone who had not been into their
account for sometime then the sent me an emial woith a link to update my details (the details were the same so no change done!!!????). What a waste of effort that was but .....UTD.

In the end I had to ring SUFC ticket office as the system told me I was already registered........They told me they sent emails to anyone who had not been into their
account for sometime then the sent me an emial woith a link to update my details (the details were the same so no change done!!!????). What a waste of effort that was but .....UTD.
At least it’s sorted chips and now we’re all aware of how and why 👍

That's all good then Chippy