New Old Manager Critchley back. | Vital Football

New Old Manager Critchley back.

He will bring Mr No Personality in as his no2.
Interesting that Sadler said previously he underestimated the feeling towards appointing Applegone, yet he has gone fir a manager that will be divisive.
I had a nagging feeling he would go back for him.

That's Jerry on his way then and Virtue recalled and rewarded with a new 3yr +1yr option.

Think we could have done a lot worse. He’s proven he can get us out this division before but obviously a good transfer window is required.

Not really dwelling on him leaving too much and never saying bye etc, he isn’t a fan and most people would leave for a better opportunity/pay increase.

Haven’t heard his radio lancashire interview but believe he came across well on it.

Think we could have done a lot worse. He’s proven he can get us out this division before but obviously a good transfer window is required.

Not really dwelling on him leaving too much and never saying bye etc, he isn’t a fan and most people would leave for a better opportunity/pay increase.

Haven’t heard his radio lancashire interview but believe he came across well on it.
:cool: Good shout for me :thumbup: should never have left :rockon:
He;s a Fkn shit head Hate the twat.

Appleton apparently came across very well in interview and look where that got us.

Failed when he left us plus his last half dozen games with us let us hope he finds his Midas touch for the coming season.

His last 6 games that season were 2 wins, 1 draw and 3 losses.

It's only that Peterborough game that stands out like a sore thumb. The rest included battering Birmingham, and losing to West Brown and Derby which wouldn't be unexpected.

Last edited:
I do wonder why he dropped his guard for those last 2 games v already relegated teams.
We could have finished on 66pts, top half of the table and above the knobbers, would have made us a much more sellable as a club to potential signings.

He needs to learn from last time round, no more having favourites, no more late subs when a game needs changing and no more Dougall taking every single set piece.

Last edited:
Less than 2000 ST's being sold so far, hardly being welcomed back with open arms by a lot of the fan base.[/QUOTE

I'm usually optimistic and upbeat before the start of a season, but I have to say that I'm just not feeling it. Very disappointed in Sadler, definitely a step backwards again and tbh, I just don't have much faith in him any more. I dare say that theres a lot more like me.