New Manager | Page 19 | Vital Football

New Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a but frustrating. I was hoping for an outcome before tomorrow's game but understand we have to show respect to the Irish team.

That is a but frustrating. I was hoping for an outcome before tomorrow's game but understand we have to show respect to the Irish team.
TBF it has come at a bad time for them, having 3 games in a week. I remember how brassed off with all the speculation I was getting when the Cowleys were getting ready to leave. I was frankly relieved when it was officially announced and everybody could focus on the job in hand.

Just looked at the banter, site. There are some frankly weird comments about Jez George who it seems is the new scapegoate for all our supposed woes.

Yes, recruitment has (to some degree) failed us this year. But it’s a collective responsibility. I don’t see how JG can be held out to dry on the back of one season, as the prime culprit. Of more concern is the unbelievable record of injuries, which must in part be due to training/warmup/warmdown practice, and treatment, not building sufficient resilience to ligament issues, sprains and strains.

Yes, recruitment has (to some degree) failed us this year. But it’s a collective responsibility. I don’t see how JG can be held out to dry on the back of one season, as the prime culprit. Of more concern is the unbelievable record of injuries, which must in part be due to training/warmup/warmdown practice, and treatment, not building sufficient resilience to ligament issues, sprains and strains.

And it sounds like JG is trying to rectify the injury issue by recruiting the new Performance guy from Rotherham that looks a bit of a coup?

Will we be keeping half an eye on any Stephen Bradley goodbyes to the Shamrock fans at the Tallaght stadium tonight when they play Finn Harps? Drogheda also playing so Long and Roughan watch.

Couldnt ever seeing Jez leaving . I think unfortunately the work he does being the scenes is probably more then we ever imagine and for some fans not appreciated

In the short to medium term I see JG playing a vital role in terms of settling the three into their roles with the various nuances and schemes of manoeuvre involved. That is of course if it is a done deal.

Given Hortins update ( although the running commentary is coming from the Irish press) I wonder if out of respect to Shamrock, nothing will be announced until after their three home games in a week, starting tonight. They could make a significant difference as to whether they win the league for a third consecutive season, particularly given how relatively few games are played in a 10 team league?

Couldnt ever seeing Jez leaving . I think unfortunately the work he does being the scenes is probably more then we ever imagine and for some fans not appreciated

Yeah I agree. I think as DoF naturally the recruitment is seen as a key bit, I think I was more just thinking it makes it more complicated if the plan was to bring McPhail here along with Bradley. Whether that would be half the role he had at Shamrock or more of a coaching role or whatever. If he wants to stay in Ireland anyway, maybe that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.