New manager? | Page 12 | Vital Football

New manager?

Hughton announced
That escalated quickly.

This is a solid appointment. Almost certainly the best actually available to our club.

The posted piece by Norwich fans is very concerning; I had not seen a fan perspective on him like that, although I knew he was unpopular there. We certainly shouldn't dismiss it, but it should not cloud our judgment of a manager who has been outstanding at this level.

We know he is conservative. This might not work with fans who are ready for a more attacking approach. However, it is an approach that suits the balance of our squad.

It's also something that we haven't really seen him do in the SBC. Both Newcastle and Brighton were promoted scoring plenty of goals. In the latter case he got them promoted with an aging striker as well.

I will be very disappointed if we see really dull, defensive and pointless football at this level.

If he could get us to the next level I would worry about it then, but if he kept us up like he did Brighton I suspect we would take that and develop later as they did.

So there are concerns, I'm not saying there aren't

But this really is the best appointment out there. More solid and sane than Pearson. Less risky than Howe (who would never come here anyway).

If Derby sacked Cocu and appointed Hughton, I would be jealous and I would be worried.

Same record as Sabri this season but less goals, shocking?
Same record as Sabri this season but less goals, shocking?

Football is a cruel sport. If only we hadn't missed several sitters against Stoke, same against Bristol with Mighten, Christie plus a few easier chances.

Pleased with the Hughton appointment, but still sorry to see SL go.

Football is a cruel sport. If only we hadn't missed several sitters against Stoke, same against Bristol with Mighten, Christie plus a few easier chances.

Pleased with the Hughton appointment, but still sorry to see SL go.

I echo that feeling - really thought he would get us up this year. Good players bought in - a win against Bristol which even their fans say we deserved and all of a sudden he has the 2week break to get the team gelling.

However we lost - SL has paid the price.
Hughton is the best option out there - so good luck to him and hopefully our season starts at Blackburn

oof. not v excitingbut he's proven... just needs to get some attackers in now before the window closes.. oh

His record at this levels as good as anyone's, he must know the squad we've got and fancied it I'm sure other clubs would have him in a heartbeat. Maybe he's a cautious type but I remember his team's attacking more than we have been, Howe would be more exciting but I'm not sure this is the squad for him and I doubt he'd move that far from the south. Best manager available let's give him at least 3 games before writing him off.

Agree with that about everything other than Howe who would always have been my first choice.
We would never have been his.

I can see him maybe going somewhere like Derby if not a PL job, but I can't see him coming to a set up like ours. He is a risk as well; Bournemouth is in his blood

He’ll have to find a win soon...otherwise he’ll feel the wrath called the Red Mist, which grows rapidly with each game lost