New Manager Search Thread | Vital Football

New Manager Search Thread

KevinE

Alert Team
Following the news that Carlos Carvalhal has left the club, the search for yet another manager begins.

Discuss here who you'd like to see replace Carvalhal as well as rumours and any news updates.

Jaap Stam is the latest name, not keen on that idea. Ruined Reading and they're not a fan, it would be like bringing back Paul Clement.

Mixed reports on Potter. The Ostersunds Chairman says there has been no contact from Swansea, which is strange considering the close links we have with them.
Conversely the report above says there’s a verbal agreement in place.
GT - tend to agree with you. Potter is not doing so well this season though, and as for the others in contention, pretty unimpressive.

they won 5-2 tonight. hope we get a new manager in soon whoever he is so we can start planning everything for next season, hate these things dragging on

OFK Chairman -
“How I look at the reporting about Swansea? I understand you want headlines. Graham Potter’s name is exciting. But if it is written about Swansea then there are a lot of other clubs that we really know are interested but one of these is not Swansea. There is simply no information we have in Östersund about Swansea.”

OFK Chairman -
“How I look at the reporting about Swansea? I understand you want headlines. Graham Potter’s name is exciting. But if it is written about Swansea then there are a lot of other clubs that we really know are interested but one of these is not Swansea. There is simply no information we have in Östersund about Swansea.”

He's got history of that apparently keith. Did it before with a player and not long afterwards the player was indeed sold.

There's an extended press conference called after their game tomorrow, roughly 7pm our time.

Well what a strange guy. Sounds as though there’s an announcement after the game then. I think it’s dragged on long enough now, let’s get him in and get the players sorted. I think there should be a link role with the manager for Alan Curtis, he knows the squad and the club bettter than anybody, also Leon Britton, they’re wasted doing hospitality.

Unbelievable! After waiting all this time to appoint a manager with a deal for Potter reportedly done and just waiting for his last game tonight in charge of OFK before a 6 week break, we finally get an announcement.
Yes I’ve been in contact with Swansea but there is no deal done. I’m going to have a glass of wine with my family tonight then we’re going on vacation.
Is this guy taking the p**s or what. We should withdraw our interest and look elsewhere because he’s making our club look silly.

It's dragging on a bit now. Was hoping for something more concrete than that. Clearly talks have progressed further than what they're making out though. I think it's a respect thing for Ostersunds but we've got to get the deal done or move on. Can't afford to hang around.

Stoke and West Brom, the other relegated teams with us, are already sorted manager wise and one step ahead of us.
So we sit back and bite our nails for two weeks whilst a relatively minor league manager decides he’s going on holiday for two weeks to think about whether he wants the job or not.
Sign up now or we move on and get someone who’s more respectful and enthusiastic.
I hope it’s all a bluff and he’s already signed a deal before he goes, surely this is the norm, what Chairman worth his salt would allow this situation to happen otherwise.

Last edited:
Derby have got their man then. Lampard just signed on as manager.
He would have been a good fit for us, having been on loan with us early in his career, and also his good connections with Chelsea for loan players.

Last edited:
Took its time but glad to see it's confirmed although not unvieled. Looking forward to his first press conference now to understand his vision and ambition for the club.

Yawn! Yawn! Perhaps he’ll appear in time for pre-season training.
Although the delay maybe a good tactic to keep our best players, wait until transfer deadline day has passed and go with what we’ve got. No decision on in/out until a manager is in place!