New Manager (Rumours and Suggestions) | Page 22 | Vital Football

New Manager (Rumours and Suggestions)

You seem offended that he turned us down. It was the right call at the time - we were destined for the drop so if he comes in an oversees that his reputation as an EFL manager is immediately in tatters.
I wasn't offended, I was sceptical.

You may think Uncle Paul, at a time when he was clearly withdrawing both personally and financially, would have gone as far as to offer the job to a manager that was about 8th in the National League and would cost substantial compensation. Then, as a desperate last resort, appoint someone who has reached the Championship Play Offs and would cost nothing. Sound plausible?

Then fair enough, Woodman wasn't talking out of his fat ass in search of a pay rise.

Moreover, we know that clubs promoted from the NL to L2 have a very good chance at performing well the following season. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they challenge for the playoffs next season. Every chance they could finish above us.
Could go either way. Notts County haven't done so great this year, Sutton won the National League in 2021 and FGR were promoted to L2 with Vince's money in 2022.

You may think Uncle Paul, at a time when he was clearly withdrawing both personally and financially, would have gone as far as to offer the job to a manager that was about 8th in the National League and would cost substantial compensation.

Then fair enough, Woodman wasn't talking out of his fat ass in search of a pay rise.

Turns out the Bromley media team were also in on the act when they published an article on their website stating they’d given Gillingham permission to speak with Woodman.

IMO he is worse than some of the other names interviewed, but is an upgrade on SC - so we're better off in the long run hopefully.
He's evidently not going to go down so well with the sort of people who obsessively use the term 'marquee'. ("been sacked", "cheap option", "yes man", etc. no doubt)

But he has a proven record of getting out of League 2 and getting a team scoring so that's 2 big positives for me.

The Darrens are already piling in with their gibberish on social media.

Pointed out to one guy who was moaning that Bonner is a cheap option that he had previously demanded Lindsey as new boss. Bonner has managed double the number of games and achieved a promotion from this very division and wouldn't cost us a penny in compensation, but apparently "there's better out there".

Fucking mouth breathers everywhere.

Like with Gills Horse, I was excited by Warburton or maybe Duff. Ainsworth is contentious but has credentials. Not unhappy with Bonner though.

He got Cambridge out of this league as runners up 3 years ago before finishing 14th the next season. Not sure what their budget was like.

Took a nose dive and finished just above the relegation zone last season before getting sacked in November.

Plays direct football, but comes across as intelligent. “His Cambridge team scored tonnes of goals and played on the break”

My understanding is Ainsworth and Warburton were met with last week. I would’ve gone for either of them personally, but I’m not unhappy with Bonner, I would’ve pushed the boat out on either of them though if it were my call.

The fact that we're even interviewing managers of this calibre for a league 2 position shows how far we've progressed as a club off the pitch. Not that long ago we were linked to the likes of Graham Westley and Marc Bircham...

Wasn’t mine or plenty others first choice I was all for Ainsworth then Lynsey but an upgrade definitely on SC, excellent so we now have a new manager now let’s see that retain list and start filling in these gaps with some decent signings